Guitar Hero Strum Bar Problems

:D:D:D I kid you not I was super stoked about this. Two days ago my strum bar on my guitar stopped working on the down strum. I was not surprised as I have went through 3 guitars for the game. I looked around and everyone was saying the same thing "Buy a NEW guitar." I didn't like this answer, so I went on a mission to fix the issue. Since my warranty was already expired and Redoctane wasn't going to do anything anyway, I opened my guitar to take a look at the 'guts' of the system. I was amazed at the simplicity of the strumming system. After looking at the parts I remembered seeing the same lever switch at guess where, RadioShack. So in about an hour I had went and got the parts and replaced them on the circuit board. The reason I am posting this is so that people don't just waist money on buying a new guitar. The part only costs $2.99 each. And as long as you can soder then you can fix this issue. I did not come up with the idea I just used what others had said and finished it my way. If anyone would like to know more about this if you can't find it somewhere else I will be happy to explain. NOTE: This was done on the Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar. Unfortunatly the Les Paul guitar uses a different lever switch.

The lever switch you need is RadioShack Inventory # 275-0016 or 275-0016A. These are the same piece however RadioShack recently changed their packaging and inventory system so it will just depend on your RadioShack in your area. If you need finer details just let me know and I will help where I can.

NOTE: It does play a little different as it makes the guitar a little less loud when you strum. I hope this helps others as well as saves some money.

Good Luck and Keep Gaming.:applause:

TheGuardian

Looks good,

I thought I had broke the strum bar the other day, it was playing notes when I wasn't even pressing it

Turns out it only needed some new batteries haha

well some times if your guitar is getting multiple hits it might just be your touch senor which you can turn off. I am not going to lie i thought it wasnt fixable. I cant believe i was able to fix it.

• 3 months later...