Anyone else?

I have been playing Rock Band 2 for some time now. I can do expert on all instruments, even went so far as to get some upgraded drum heads so i can play better.

Well after playing through Painkiller for the 7millionth time, i decided it was time for some more music... So i picked up Guitar Hero Smash hits. I got into the music genre with Guitar Hero 1 and played all the way to 3 (including 80s) so i figured this would be the best one. All my favorites... 1 disk.

Well it would seem that playing well in rock band (the better of the 2 series) does NOT translate into playing Guitar Hero. Maybe its because I am used to the preciseness of RB, maybe its because the tracks are honestly just broken, but what the hell. I can 100% Painkiller on guitar but i cant even pass Play With Me?

Im just wondering if anyone else has noticed how crappy Guitar Hero has gotten with the "We want to make it easier" attitude. God this is gonna be 1 long ass plat. :mad::mad::mad:

I don't think so dude LOL. Rock Band, although the better series overall in my opinion, is easier. I got my plat last night. I believe the Guitar Hero is DEFINITELY more challenging, not only trophy-wise, but overall. There is a very small% of people that have plat this game. I think like 1% or something, and that goes for GH Metallica and Van Halen also. So I'm pretty sure you're not the only one that feels the same way. Out of that 99% that don't have the plat are some pretty good players also. They're good in one instrument, but not another. I'm just fortunate to be pretty good in all instruments

Edited by grimydawg

Well, i guess what i mean is that through them trying to make it easier by giving each note such a large "hit" zone, it has in-turn made it more difficult for players transferring over from Rock Band. Its hard to figure out timing on the "fast parts" because i have no clue which note i just hit. Im just irritated and needed to vent. Gotta play through the career on guitar anyways so maybe i'll get the hang of it again.

Well, i guess what i mean is that through them trying to make it easier by giving each note such a large "hit" zone, it has in-turn made it more difficult for players transferring over from Rock Band. Its hard to figure out timing on the "fast parts" because i have no clue which note i just hit. Im just irritated and needed to vent. Gotta play through the career on guitar anyways so maybe i'll get the hang of it again.

I felt the same way with Rock Band when it first came out. Then I got used to it.

I find drums a bit odd when you swap from Rockband back to GH. Think it's the kick pedal being more in your face on Rockband and it seems to fade into the background on GH. However, the reason you can 100% the hard songs on Rockband but can't pass the hardest songs on GH is because GH is in general a much harder game, and it always has been. Which is why I cannot figure out why RB2 platinum is always ranked higher than any of the GH games (excluding #5)

I find drums a bit odd when you swap from Rockband back to GH. Think it's the kick pedal being more in your face on Rockband and it seems to fade into the background on GH. However, the reason you can 100% the hard songs on Rockband but can't pass the hardest songs on GH is because GH is in general a much harder game, and it always has been. Which is why I cannot figure out why RB2 platinum is always ranked higher than any of the GH games (excluding #5)

Well those that find it hard to plat RB2 are in a rude awakening if they try any GH game :D