Help with Through the fire Part A and B

These are the only two parts that are holding me back form beating this song (and the similar part in the end). Ive played full speed at practice, and these are the only sections that are below 80% (they are actaully below 70%). I need some help, what is the best way to practice these? Practice mode hasnt helped, cause I just go from hitting 90% of the notes in slow, to hitting 62% in full speed. Someone who can play TTFATF on expert, please enlighten me!

im sry but ttfaf is too insane for trophy hores... they wont play a game for more than a few weeks. And ttfaf requieres several months. No tips I can give you, on what difficulty setting you doing it? If its expert all I can say is practice and practice

im sry but ttfaf is too insane for trophy hores... they wont play a game for more than a few weeks. And ttfaf requieres several months. No tips I can give you, on what difficulty setting you doing it? If its expert all I can say is practice and practice

there are some members who can, and have, and its a trophy, Im hoping one of them comes across this thread. And im playing on expert.

I figured it out today (thanks whiteclone) now I just need to practice it enough to get it to 4 stars. But I beat it!

Glad you figured it out. I think the worst part of the song is the last solo before they break back into singing.

One note: if you haven't unlocked the hyperspeed cheat, I would advise it. The song moves so fast that having the notes separated really helped me.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

And of course more practice...

If you can't pass on two spots, you should keep your Starpower for that part.

on fast Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs, you should strum while trying to hit them all, if cou can't hit them all.

On those 'Purple' Notes (those one you cant hit) you can try to get them with both hands (like in the beginning) or on 'What The..!?" (the weird part with this many, maaaaaaaany purple notes) you can just slide up and down as fast as you can.

Good luck with that trophy, its tough, but you can get it ;) practice the easy parts for getting some points and practice the hard parts to pass them.

Pi-Chan, we MUST play some day together. I'll add you :rolleyes:.

Well, apart from practise it's quite hard to say what to do with that song, but I'll try so say something constructive lol:

Firstly the intro stuff. Unless you have Parkinson sickness, or you have spent over 400h at GH as a guitarrist, you will have to tap it. You know, putting both of your hands on the frets.

Your left hand (right hand if you're left-handed....as me :p) should cares about the green (which has to be held all the time), red and yellow stuff. The other hand should press blue and orange notes. I recommend you going to Practise mode and put this part on Slowest until you rock it, and then try doing it on Slower....until you can play it decently at the normal speed. The whole intro carries over 50,000 points if you perfectly play it so it's important not to miss too much.

Another (coward) strategy is to put some weight on your green fret so you don't have to worry about it, and just trying to press all the other notes. Once the intro part is done, press Start and quit it lol.

OK, now the fast strumming stuff. Notice that most of the fast strumming ends with a DOWN strum in case you START with a down strum. For example, one of the rythms works like this:

U = Up strum

D = Down strum

DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUD;DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUD

Just try to remember what parts does NOT work like this. For any doubt about the notechart, play this song on Slowest.

For the solos... well, in GHSH you have some advantatges and disadvantatges if you compare this TTFAF version with the old one (GH3). Basically, you have Slide notes. You can play quite randomly and you'll definately brun some notes, but for the most advanced players (at least for me) it's worse as it more difficult to hold a note streak with that notes engine. As always, play then on Slowest until you domine them, and then pass to Slower....Slow...Full Speed!

Oh, and one thing about the last Slide solo of the song. It goes like this:

G = Green fret

R = Red fret

Y = Yellow fret

B = Blue fret

O = Orange fret

GOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGOGYGO...

So you can just hold your green fret and be pushing the yellow and orange frets in their respective order. But remember not to hold them as you will miss the green notes. Also tap it, it's pretty easier than one-handed.

That's all I can say. 4 stars goes around 405,000 points, the more you play it, the easier you'll reach this score. Good luck!

Edited by Omega

I will pay 100 dollars to whoever can beat the final song for me on Guitar Drums and bass on expert. I will have the save file at that point so all you need to do is beat it for me. Anyone down?

Bass is easy on expert - I did it on my first attempt. Drums, find three people to do it locally - one on kick pedal duty, one on 2 pads, the other on 3 pads.

• 3 weeks later...

Your left hand (right hand if you're left-handed....as me :p) should cares about the green (which has to be held all the time), red and yellow stuff. The other hand should press blue and orange notes. I recommend you going to Practise mode and put this part on Slowest until you rock it, and then try doing it on Slower....until you can play it decently at the normal speed. The whole intro carries over 50,000 points if you perfectly play it so it's important not to miss too much.

I think it's easier to devote your strum hand to the green button exclusively, and use your fret hand for the remaining 4 buttons. Your fret hand is used to using 4 fingers, so it makes things infinitely easier. Just a thought...

• 5 weeks later...
I think it's easier to devote your strum hand to the green button exclusively, and use your fret hand for the remaining 4 buttons. Your fret hand is used to using 4 fingers, so it makes things infinitely easier. Just a thought...

that's how I have been playing it......i'm too 98% now