No one online?

Yeah I can never find anyone either. I usually sit in the lobby for around an hour (doing other things while waiting) and it can never find anyone. I did find someone once and had a few games but aside from that it's deader than A-line flares with pockets in the knees.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
It was dead from day one. I bought this game upon release, and even THEN I had trouble finding online players.

The game's poor online system is also partly to blame. A much older game like Rock Band 2 has no problems finding online players within 1 minute, same with The Beatles Rock Band.

I think Neversoft screwed up somewhere. We're led to believe that the Guitar Hero franchise has sold far more games than the Rock Band franchise. If that were true, we wouldn't be having problems with online games.

Another part of the problem is that there are too many different gaming modes to play online, and you need the exact same criteria as someone else looking for a game. At least with RB2, there aren't many choices for online modes - which is a blessing.

You seriously need to boost - and even then, you have to hope you don't get the dreaded "This session is no longer available" message.

All guitar hero online servers are either dead or not working. The invite system rarely works(for me at least) it's very aggrevating when me and my friends have fairly good internet service and the poor quality of online service for guitar hero games rarely will find other players or not let invites work. Guitar Hero 5's servers when the game first came out(e.g. september, i bought it on release date) were alive for about 2 months. Other then that, it's very hard to find people on guitar hero just because there's either no one online or the servers simply don't work lol.

All guitar hero online servers are either dead or not working. The invite system rarely works(for me at least) it's very aggrevating when me and my friends have fairly good internet service and the poor quality of online service for guitar hero games rarely will find other players or not let invites work. Guitar Hero 5's servers when the game first came out(e.g. september, i bought it on release date) were alive for about 2 months. Other then that, it's very hard to find people on guitar hero just because there's either no one online or the servers simply don't work lol.

I doubt that's the reason lol. Just like you, I was hoping to boost with many members from here, and we were all online, all using the chat facility, and all of us had stable internet connections. And we just kept getting "the session is no longer available". And one day, one of the members just asked if I could try once more - and we cleared up all the online trophies in one go, as we couldn't risk waiting another 5 years for it to work again. And I ended up being late for work lol, but it had to be done. I officially hate Neversoft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah online is pretty dead now, I went on today and only managed to find two people. But at least I got all those "win pro face off / win face off" trophies by just playing both of them.

What was annoying was the second person I played in Face Off (a mode I hate). The dude picked Free Bird... I was playing on Hard and he on Medium I think, so I was like whatever, even though it's a 9 minute song. I ended up losing and I got to choose a song for the next one. Started up Message in a Bottle, I didn't miss in the first 90 seconds, I was kicking his butt, and the dude dropped on me. I got the trophies I needed, but I was like... seriously. I sat through your choice, a 9 minute song, and you don't have the courtesy to sit through my 4 minute one?

Tell me again why I don't play online much?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...