8th Wonder

Got it on my 3rd try :D

What a great trophy, I like the trophies in this game because I can actually achieve the elite ones as opposed to other games where I have no hope (Killzone 2 I'm looking at you).

It's pretty tough though, anyone else got it? I nearly got the Play With Me trophy on my sight read, I missed one note in the phrase you need to hit. The Raining Blood one will be difficult but really rewarding.

Oops, probably should have mentioned that...

8th Wonder - Gold

Achieve 4 stars or higher on Through the Fire and Flames on Expert on lead guitar.

The Play With Me one is pretty much hitting every note in a specific phrase in the song.

• 5 months later...
I got this on my first try. ive played ttfaf on gh3 a bunch of times and the one ghsh is just a little harder imo

i would think it would be easier. Ive beaten ttfatf on smash hits, but not on lor. For one, the intro in sh is not one continuous riff, where you have to hit everything to make it through. And there are less insane chords (that green yellow orange one in the lor version is hard when your fingers are shot)

• 2 weeks later...

I got 8th Wondered at my first try too, with 594,000 more or less, which are 5 stars.

The Play With Me /Raining Blood trophies took me about 1h to get the total practise. They're harder than the 8th Wondered in my opinion lol.

And I just finished the Guitar/Bass/Drums career on Expert...Vocals are not as bad as I thought, I can barely get 4-5stars at every song even I haven't sung in my life LMAO. The Golden Voice trophy will be the problem, like Bloody Feet. Those two trophies will be the only ones which can make this Platinum the hardest ever.

Seriously people, do not try this Platinum unless you've playing playing GH more than 500h-1000h!

I got this on my first try. ive played ttfaf on gh3 a bunch of times and the one ghsh is just a little harder imo

I think it's a lot easier, personally. While gh3 is much more forgiving when you're early or late, the note chart is much more hellish.

Oh, and for the thread, I just got 8th wonder today. Unlike the rest of you, though, it wasn't on my first or third try. It was probably my...40th or so. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can't even get past the intro, so I guess it's just a lot of learning to do. How on earth do you hit all those notes in the intro? It requires all five coloured buttons, and the green is needed half the time - is there a trick? If so, I could probably get this trophy. I just haven't worked out a strategy to even beat the intro. FWIW, I can normally finish a guitar song on Expert.

I've seen that you've Platinumed Rock Band 2 so I can guess you have a minimmum skills with that games.

To pass the TTFAF intro, I simply tap. Hold the green colour, and use a pair of fingers per hand for the rest of the work. GHSH has slide notes, so actually this intro is much easier than GH3 notechart one.

Here's a retarded tutorial, it's hard to explain it better than this vid lol: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eghf0Ed6oxQ]YouTube - GH3 - Dragonforce- TTFAF Tap Intro - How To! - Tutorial[/ame]

You'll need a lot of effort to rock at this song. After lots of hours practising this shit my highest score on the GH3 version was 748,000. And here I'm not even able to get 600k, so good luck lol!

I've seen that you've Platinumed Rock Band 2 so I can guess you have a minimmum skills with that games.

To pass the TTFAF intro, I simply tap. Hold the green colour, and use a pair of fingers per hand for the rest of the work. GHSH has slide notes, so actually this intro is much easier than GH3 notechart one.

Here's a retarded tutorial, it's hard to explain it better than this vid lol:

You'll need a lot of effort to rock at this song. After lots of hours practising this shit my highest score on the GH3 version was 748,000. And here I'm not even able to get 600k, so good luck lol!

Rock Band 2 wasn't too hard. I sightread the entire game, as I'm not one to learn how to do it in these rhythm game (although I might have to change my philosophy lol).

I'm a musician (I play piano, flute, guitar, mbira), and sightreading is one of my strongest skills, which translates well onto Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and DJ Hero.

For songs that don't need to be learned, I can normally get 4-5 stars first time on Expert (this is also for vocals, bass, and drums). But I fear I'll have to start learning from the tutorial you've posted (thanks for that!).

Jesus Christ! I mean... I've just looked at the tutorials, and I think I'd stand a pretty good chance of clearing the intro. But heck - THE REST OF THE SONG?!?! It's fricking 7 mins long :(

I've beaten it on bass and vocals... and I think drums will be even worse (even if I get someone on kick pedal duty).

You know, anyone who has this game's Platinum deserves major kudos AND a bloody platinum medal of honour. The other trophies in the game that are technically 'easy' are hard to get, e.g. 8 players on the same instrument online. I wouldn't mind, but the GH games suck online.

Jesus Christ! I mean... I've just looked at the tutorials, and I think I'd stand a pretty good chance of clearing the intro. But heck - THE REST OF THE SONG?!?! It's fricking 7 mins long :(

I've beaten it on bass and vocals... and I think drums will be even worse (even if I get someone on kick pedal duty).

You know, anyone who has this game's Platinum deserves major kudos AND a bloody platinum medal of honour. The other trophies in the game that are technically 'easy' are hard to get, e.g. 8 players on the same instrument online. I wouldn't mind, but the GH games suck online.

Ive got platinum on this :D

its not really that hard.. except for bloody feet :/

i swear to god i nearly broke my legs doing that... hitting 16 beats a second on the bass pedal is just insane.. but very possible ;)

• 3 months later...
Got it on my 3rd try :D

What a great trophy, I like the trophies in this game because I can actually achieve the elite ones as opposed to other games where I have no hope (Killzone 2 I'm looking at you).

It's pretty tough though, anyone else got it? I nearly got the Play With Me trophy on my sight read, I missed one note in the phrase you need to hit. The Raining Blood one will be difficult but really rewarding.

OH MY GOD, third TRY?

• 3 months later...

Haven't tried yet, but in gh3 it goes easily...:D Actually it's only "not 5*" song in gh1, 2, '80's, 3

<13.sep.>

okay i got it with a few tries. i thought it was pretty hard when i first tried it, but when i put hyperspeed 3, i got i easily

<28.sep.>

Edited by ezkimo00
got tha trophy