Rate the trophy difficulty.  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.40

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trophy are not that much difficult to get. The only problem ive got is that i have the Rock Band drum and it doesn't work for the tutorials. There is no way im buying GHWT drum .

Same here...also, do you HAVE to have the GHWT set for the Expert + mode, or can you take 2 RB pedals and use a stereo 1/8 splitter?

Also, I think you need a GHWT guitar for the trophy as well...I think there are tutorials for both instruments.

I dont know about the expert+, but im pretty sure the Guitar/Bass tutorials work only with GH guitars. Possibly the mic too.

I'm very pissed off. My guitar broke on Wednesday and my RB2 drum bass pedal broke today... and the PlayStation Eye doesn't work for singing (????) so I have to turn Auto Kick on and now I can't get any Trophies or money because of that cheat.

I kept a 4x multiplier through most of the entier song on hard. on expert and expert+ you need to pretty much hit 95% of the song and use your star power in the smartest places. My biggest problem right now is hitting the score on the guitar and bass line. I'm only a few thousand off so i will get it. It's just discouraging, which makes this game SO much harder than rock band to platinum. after going for all of the trophies, I would rate this one a 9 just beacuse I know 97% of the population will not be able to get all of the trophies. I would put it up there with warhawk but not quite that high as hardest to attain platinum.

Ah, thanks for that info. I got the star power to work once by accident on drums. Lol. Now I know. I'm also using the RB kit as I don't like the GHWT set. I just completed Fade to Black on X+ since I bought a second pedal on Ebay and got a TwinRocker splitter. Works perfectly. I don't know that a regular splitter will work as you need the pedals to be a momentary switch so you can hold one and use the other. I've heard various stories and can only vouch for the TR adapter.

I don't know how far I'll go. I'll never get the 4 player stuff as the only person I know with the game and equipment lives 2 hours away so all my gaming is solo. Sucks I lose like half the trophies... What a stupid idea if you ask me.

I don't know how far I'll go. I'll never get the 4 player stuff as the only person I know with the game and equipment lives 2 hours away so all my gaming is solo. Sucks I lose like half the trophies... What a stupid idea if you ask me.

...I thought the same thing as you, but you can actually get ALL of the multiplayer trophies with only 1 local player. All of them can be attained by using other band members on-line in Band Quick Play except for "...Nothing Else Matters" where you have to complete the career mode with 2 or more people in a band, and that can only be played locally.

BUT you can do that quite easily with 1 person too! :) See my post "Be your own band...finish Band Career with only 1 person!".

...that's a tease...

MrJolly

Same here...also, do you HAVE to have the GHWT set for the Expert + mode, or can you take 2 RB pedals and use a stereo 1/8 splitter?

Also, I think you need a GHWT guitar for the trophy as well...I think there are tutorials for both instruments.

You can do Expert + with the RB drums. I did it. Single pedal and all.

I'd give it a 5/10. I own this on the 360, so excuse my achievement terms here, but I'd say it'd be pretty easy to get 750/1000GS on this (I'm not sure how to translate that to trophies). The rest will require some skill grinding to get, but they aren't impossible. Guitar Hero/Rock Band rewards consistent playing by actually being fun. As long as people don't burn themselves out playing Creeping Death 30 times a day to get 575k on it, it'll just come naturally and you should enjoy it.

I agree that seventy percent of the trophies are easy. It's the other thirty percent that makes this game very frustrating. That's why everyone is voting it a 9/10 or 10/10. I have viewed the leaderboards on the songs and not many people at all have achieved the necessary scores for the trophies.

• 2 months later...

After just attaining this platinum, i will say that this is THE hardest platinum to attain to date. Keep in mind that games like warhawk, socom, fear 2, and far cry do not rely on skill, but shere grinding. if you have the attention span, you can get those platinums. I am the 5th person to get this platinum and i doubt there will be many if any more. there are around a dozen platinums for warhawk and there will be more to come with the consistent grinding of certain individuals. I am certain that this has a platinum difficutly rating of a 10.

Gave it a nine, the score trophies will happen with time (I need more drumming practice), it's getting an 8 players in 2 bands which is the killer. No-one ever seems to be online late night Australian time.

I struggle to find one person to battle against for the fade to black trophy.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just wondering... AlienNmycloset has gotten his Platinum trophy, and he reckons it's a 10. So how are other people figuring it's even an 8 or a 9, assuming they haven't gotten the Platinum yet? By all accounts, this sounds like one of the hardest games to Platinum (I'd say Guitar Hero Greatest Hits is on a par, or a touch harder).

I'm not a great gamer, so I rate this game (and the GH Greatest Hits) a 10; Rock Band 2 got an 8 from me, and I still stand by that rating despite getting Platinum.