Rate the trophy difficulty.  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.56

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - I have the plat now. 3 was a little too low - I had no idea that the online would be so difficult to use, and with those stupid trophies like drumline, you pretty much need them.

I think I give it a 5 overall. It's harder than Band Hero, that's for sure. It's not nearly as difficult as RB2, and doesn't even compare with games like Metallica, Smash Hits or Van Halen.

Edited by starcrunch061

You don't have to learn how to drum or buy instruments, unlike in RB2 where you have to play every instrument on expert to get a trophy and must have an RB guitar. You also don't have to play for 8 hours in a row, so I am definitely liking how the trophies look in this game.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive before I rate it though. Just getting the forum some activity.

EDIT: Seems you have to gold star every instrument? Might not be so easy after all.

Edited by heat6jones

EDIT: Seems you have to gold star every instrument? Might not be so easy after all.

No. You have to get a gold rating in a challenge, which is significantly easier (I would guess that you could probably gold at least one challenge for every instrument at easy level).

Edited by starcrunch061

I'm not sure why anyone should vote at the moment... I mean, does ANYONE actually have the Platinum yet? If not, don't vote. Look at this way... 50 easy trophies plus 1 insanely difficult trophy would make me vote at least an 8.

~ squodge ~

PS: I've just had a look at the current votes, which are 1, 3, 8. How can anyone seriously think this game is a 1... considering even 'easy' games like Linger in Shadows and Noby Noby Boy are voted 2's and 3's by most people? I've played one game that's deservedly a 1, and that's Buzz RoboJam. For a game to deserve a vote of 1, I'd say you should be able to get all the trophies on your first couple of attempts... and without any help from anyone or any forums.

Edited by squodge

some people will vote 1 for everything. video games can cause people to develop a superiority complex easily, and these people would feel like losers if they admitted something was even slightly challenging.

i think the 8 instrument trophy will be incredibly difficult to get. I could never get the 8x in RB2 because I couldn't get 3 people to play with, good luck getting 7 people to play with you online.

The reason I rated it a 7 is because all of the 4 players with same instrument are available online with boosting partners most of the rest are easy as long as you can play each instrument on easy or harder. I havent done the math but I have been getting 6 stars on every song by playing any one of my favorite songs on youtube with the mic next the speakers for 100% accuracy = 6 stars. I you can get six stars in every song this way via microphone, and taking into consideration that stars you earn with other instruments also count towards the same career amount of stars. It shouldnt be too hard

The following is incorrect, dont bother reading:

90 songs X each song once with beginner vocalist at 100% accuracy (6 stars)=

540 stars.

seeing how no matter what instrument you use adds to your total career stars you can get an easy 540 off the bat.

so get 5 stars on medium or hard with guitar on each song = another 300-400 stars

get 5 stars on medium or hard with bass guitar on each song = another 300-400 stars

youre already at or over the 808 stars trophy. [/s]

so its not a matter of difficulty, just a matter of time. sorry for long ass post. just backing up my 7 vote lol

EDIT: Sorry about the confusion. My original statement about being able to get stars on multiple instruments for the same song, and have them stack is untrue.

No, this is absolutely NOT true. 5 star a song on guitar, and you'll have 5 stars added. 5 star it again on bass, and it WILL NOT add 5 more stars, period.

I must have looked over something to think this. I dont know how I thought that. I realize now that I am wrong about that and apologize for putting that false statement out there.

I stand corrected, sorry for the confusion. I would, after knowledge of this and realizing that you need to diamond all 50 challenges to get 808 stars and therefore platinum recant my vote and change it to an 8.

Once again sorry for the confusion. And thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Blessorship

Even though I dont really feel that this game is a 7 in difficulty, I'm rating it that way because I understand there are people not as good at this game who will struggle greatly to reach 808 stars. For me, I'm able to 6 star (perfect) most songs and many of the challenges for drums guitar and bass I just breeze through. Luckily a lot challenges can be done on lower skill levels and you can get a 6 star rating on easy if you just don't miss notes or open strum. Still 808 requires some talent, as well as getting the 50 diamond status records.

If you are good at guitar hero/rock band and have platinums in previous games like this, this one is quite the cakewalk - but for those looking to pick up and play this game for the platinum without much experience, it will be challenging.

For those with skill, it's only a matter of time earning 808 and playing 300 quickplay tunes and doing 25 online matches - the rest really just fall into place.

I'm hoping to platinum this before Rock Band; Beatles - but we'll see with the lack of online players.

The reason I rated it a 7 is because all of the 4 players with same instrument are available online with boosting partners most of the rest are easy as long as you can play each instrument on easy or harder. I havent done the math but I have been getting 6 stars on every song by playing any one of my favorite songs on youtube with the mic next the speakers for 100% accuracy = 6 stars. I you can get six stars in every song this way via microphone, and taking into consideration that stars you earn with other instruments also count towards the same career amount of stars. It shouldnt be too hard

90 songs X each song once with beginner vocalist at 100% accuracy (6 stars)=

540 stars.

seeing how no matter what instrument you use adds to your total career stars you can get an easy 540 off the bat.

so get 5 stars on medium or hard with guitar on each song = another 300-400 stars

get 5 stars on medium or hard with bass guitar on each song = another 300-400 stars

youre already at or over the 808 stars trophy.

so its not a matter of difficulty, just a matter of time. sorry for long ass post. just backing up my 7 vote lol

Wait, so you are saying if I 5 star a song on guitar, then turn around and play it on drums with 5 stars I will get 10?

I have only played a handful of songs with the drums or vocals and that was for a couple challenges to get the trophies. I didn't pay enough attention to how many stars it added to my count though.

If that is the case, 808 is definantly attainable, which means I can actually platinum this one unlike the previous 2 GHs and RB2. (RB2 i am lacking the endless setlist)

Wait, so you are saying if I 5 star a song on guitar, then turn around and play it on drums with 5 stars I will get 10?

I have only played a handful of songs with the drums or vocals and that was for a couple challenges to get the trophies. I didn't pay enough attention to how many stars it added to my count though.

If that is the case, 808 is definantly attainable, which means I can actually platinum this one unlike the previous 2 GHs and RB2. (RB2 i am lacking the endless setlist)

No, this is absolutely NOT true. 5 star a song on guitar, and you'll have 5 stars added. 5 star it again on bass, and it WILL NOT add 5 more stars, period.

Yes, completely FALSE - once you earn 5 stars on a song, the only way to earn more from it is to get the 6th star by perfecting the song or earn the 3 bonus stars for the challenge - the person who led you to believe this was not paying attention to his star totals - I originally thought this too, until I watched my star count.

Gave this a 7 because:

a) the 808 stars and 300 songs in quickplay are time consuming, and

b) it's maddening trying to find players online without turning to the trophy boosting thread.

Basically, it's waaaaaaay better trophywise than past GH installments, but it's definitely still a painful undertaking. Plat is attainable, but is going to take a good chunk of your time to do it.

I must have looked over something to think this. I dont know how I thought that. I realize now that I am wrong about that and apologize for putting that false statement out there.

I stand corrected, sorry for the confusion. I would, after knowledge of this and realizing that you need to diamond all 50 challenges to get 808 stars and therefore platinum recant my vote and change it to an 8.

No need for apologies. The confusion comes from the fact that the game still seems to count stars when you beat a song again (every time you beat a song, the star countdown occurs). I don't really understand why they do this.

on all trophys except the 808 stars i would put a 5.

its timeconsumingm but if u have a good band (i play drums and have the other 3 instruments expert too) it is not hard to get all the other trophys.

the 808 is for a single player nearly impossible, to play all instruments nearly perfeckt and sing extremely good is really hard to manage.

i give the platinum difficulty a 10

GH:Metallica Platinum is for me a 12 of 10 (i have just 3 impossible trophys left :( )

GH:SmashHits is even harder then 12 -.- singing killer queen is insane O_o

No need for apologies. The confusion comes from the fact that the game still seems to count stars when you beat a song again (every time you beat a song, the star countdown occurs). I don't really understand why they do this.

i think it is the kind of "money" from the older games. ... its very confusing thats right

I give it a 6, I'm half way through it, and have earned platinum on most of the challenges on the first time though, and the 808 stars and 300 songs in quickplay just take time. I should say I'm pretty good at guitar/bass/drums and have a housemate that's real good at vocals. I'm not gonna grind the 300 quickplay songs out, it will come after time.

i gave this one a 3. no i have not gotten the platinum yet but the only trophy i have left is the 300 songs in quickplay one and that is just a matter of time. the only reason that i didnt give it a 1 or 2 is because for some people this game will be hard to get things like 50 diamonds or 808 stars on. what makes it easy is the fact that you dont have to play on expert to get hardly any of these trophies. in my opinion though, this is the best installment of GH since GH3.

And now that I have platinum I stand by what I said.

Edited by Meekyle
platinum

I have achieved the platinum so I think it's fair I can rate it accordingly.

I rated a 7, simply because many of the online trophies can be difficult if you don't have people to boost with.

The 300 quickplay one is rather tedious as well, unless taken in small doses.

The 808 star one can also be difficult for those who aren't very experienced with Guitar Hero.

Other then that it's quite simple though, perhaps I should have rated it a 6.