General Trophy Discussion

• 7 months later...

Hmm, from memory these trophies will be tough. All illustrations unlocked requires beating survival with all characters, and i think mission with all characters, plus there are pics for achieving GGXX rank on all missions with all characters which is a bitch of a thing to do.

Most of the others are ok i think... Ah, but this is true ultimate fighting game in my opinion.

Hmm, from memory these trophies will be tough. All illustrations unlocked requires beating survival with all characters, and i think mission with all characters, plus there are pics for achieving GGXX rank on all missions with all characters which is a bitch of a thing to do.

Most of the others are ok i think... Ah, but this is true ultimate fighting game in my opinion.

Beating each mission with each character will take time but it will not be hard, you could just beat it on easy, for GGXX rank just use your best character (most missions aren't that hard IIRC).

I seriously hope Survival with every character isn't required, I never liked survival mode and can't even beat it with my main character last I tried. I did beat it with I-No ex though, years ago, don't remember if it was hard or what.

Another one that would be hard would be the 10 Ranked Matches won in a row, if you wouldn't be able to select your opponent, otherwise unless you're great and there's no lag you earned it.

Also hoping for a Platinum for this game, been hyped since forever. Anyone knows if its confirmed(with a link) we'll also get this game on the 24 along with Japan?

We'll be getting the game on the 24th as well (it says 24th on the xbox site, maybe we'll get lucky and get late Tuesday the day before.

Also keep in mind guys we might not even be getting on of these achievements as trophies since PS3 likes to cut our list in half for games like this (ie. JSR and Marvel Origins)

• 3 weeks later...
Why would they go from 30 achievements to 14 trophies and no plat? This was my most anticipated game for a long time and it just went from being a must buy to a no buy.

PS3 does this with alot of newer XBLA titles, JSR and Marvel Origins are other examples of this. If you see a 360 list with 30 achievements you can expect half of it removed. PSN titles for the most part never have platinums (there are some exceptions) it was already a given the game wouldnt have one.

I don't see how whether or not the game has a platinum should affect your purchase, you must not really anticipated it if thats whats holding you back.

Edited by Setsuna

PS3 does this with alot of newer XBLA titles, JSR and Marvel Origins are other examples of this. If you see a 360 list with 30 achievements you can expect half of it removed. PSN titles for the most part never have platinums (there are some exceptions) it was already a given the game wouldnt have one.

I don't see how whether or not the game has a platinum should affect your purchase, you must not really anticipated it if thats whats holding you back.

I'm anticipating it enough to consider buying an Xbox to play it on. No (P) no buy for me regardless of the game. I'm voting with my dollars.

edit: The no (P) no buy thing only applies to games that have trophies.

Edited by TonyMirra

I'm anticipating it enough to consider buying an Xbox to play it on. No (P) no buy for me regardless of the game. I'm voting with my dollars.

edit: The no (P) no buy thing only applies to games that have trophies.

Xbox version only has 400 gamerscore attached to it, thats not even equal to a full retail game which is basically being the same as not having a platinum.

I don't understand your reason for not buying a game strictly for that reason, it doesn't change the gameplay in the slightest and definitely shouldn't factor into any sort of replay value it may have if you've been waiting for such a niche title in the US.

Spending $200+ because it doesn't have a platinum ? Its your money I guess ...

I hope this trend doesn't continue. It's kind of a bummer...

I hope this trend doesn't continue. It's kind of a bummer...

Especally for a game that has enough content for one. Its kind of stupid that short easy games like spare parts and trine get a platinum. But games like Jet set radio and sonic adventure 2 dont get one, the latter 2 have more content than the former. If youre gonna cut trophies at least cut the online trophies, aside from survival mode this looks easy.And i was planning on this being platinum no 50 too. Ill probably wait for a sale of it becomes free for playstation plus.

Well, other than that, the game looks great anyways from what I'm playing on the XBL version, and should be more or less the same in the PSN version.

BTW, the trend will possibly continue with Darkstalkers:Resurrection if possible when its out.

And also, yes, the trophy list in AC+ is more easier than XBL's 30 sadistic achievements that are a tough grind to do, still trying though. ~_~

Too bad ATM, you can only get AC+ from the JP PSN Store (even though it has English everything on it), for now, people are waiting for it to release overseas though.

Edited by The Stray

Hi, I'm new here,hope this is the right place to ask.

The game has already been released on Xbox and Japanese PSN.

But,does anyone know when it's coming out in Europe?

I noticed that it hasn't been stated anywhere that the game is actually going to be released in Europe.

Fact is that,I'm starting to doubt it's coming out at all in Europe. Having Wikipedia and every single article stating that the game has been released on 1st of November on the PSN without specifying in which region it has been released doesn't help either :(

Please let me know as soon as possible,I'm counting on you guys. I'm glad to see that you're at least more active than the Aksys Forums. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Dargor

Hi, I'm new here,hope this is the right place to ask.

The game has already been released on Xbox and Japanese PSN.

But,does anyone know when it's coming out in Europe?

I noticed that it hasn't been stated anywhere that the game is actually going to be released in Europe.

Fact is that,I'm starting to doubt it's coming out at all in Europe. Having Wikipedia and every single article stating that the game has been released on 1st of November on the PSN without specifying in which region it has been released doesn't help either :(

Please let me know as soon as possible,I'm counting on you guys. I'm glad to see that you're at least more active than the Aksys Forums. Thanks in advance :)

Its not just Europe, the US is also waiting on this as well, both regions have been announced for a release this month, but nothing yet until an official announcement from Arc System Works stating when and soon AC+ will come to both PSN Stores whenever they can. And yes, the Aksys forums now have a bit of activity thanks to their newest releases. But that's going a bit off-topic.. :3

both regions have been announced for a release this month

Are you sure? :o If you don't mind,can you please post a link of the source of this information?

As far as I know,the only thing that has been announced is that the game should've been released on the 1st of November,and in fact, it has been released in Japan.

There was no mention of the game coming out this month for both US and Europe,or at least I can't find the official announcement anywhere and trust me,I've read a crapload of articles,even a japanese one(which stated that the game will also come out in Europe in French,Italian,German and maybe Spanish. There wasn't any release date and/or official announcement, though).

I so hope you're right.And thanks for the reply,by the way :)

Edited by Dargor

Are you sure? :o If you don't mind,can you please post a link of the source of this information?

As far as I know,the only thing that has been announced is that the game should've been released on the 1st of November,and in fact, it has been released in Japan.

There was no mention of the game coming out this month for both US and Europe,or at least I can't find the official announcement anywhere and trust me,I've read a crapload of articles,even a japanese one(which stated that the game will also come out in Europe in French,Italian,German and maybe Spanish. There wasn't any release date and/or official announcement, though).

I so hope you're right.And thanks for the reply,by the way :)

Its on their website which is in full japanese. If you have google chrome it should give you horrible engrish translations however if you don't it should say this:

"North American version of PlayStation ® Network, the European version is expected to order delivery from November"

Which basically means sometime in November. ASW didn't really do any sort of marketing for the game outside of Japan so no one except for those who frequent various news sites or who keep up with inside info on the game would know.

These are probably stupid questions,but...

If I download the game using a japanese account(I just can't wait for the european version to come out! XD),and I have an european PS3 (PAL version),will the game work anyway? Will I encounter only japanese players when fighting online?

These are probably stupid questions,but...

If I download the game using a japanese account(I just can't wait for the european version to come out! XD),and I have an european PS3 (PAL version),will the game work anyway? Will I encounter only japanese players when fighting online?

Yes think of the game as any other PS3 game, its region free. Online searches for all regions however because its availability right now you'll probably only encounter mostly JPs until the US and EU release.

Yes think of the game as any other PS3 game, its region free. Online searches for all regions however because its availability right now you'll probably only encounter mostly JPs until the US and EU release.

Well then,to cut a long story short: If I'm not misunderstanding you, there's no difference between JP and US/EU version of the game?

A few final questions and I won't bother you anymore ;)

Isn't there any release date yet for the US version?

How can I buy JP psn cards?

Once I bought the game with the japanese account,will I be able to play with it using my real italian account without any problem?