XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #461
Dr.HelmutMarko

Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.HelmutMarko

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDE View Post
Anyways, I find it kinda strange how you are allowed to post a trophy guide "so much earlier" than the it's suppose to be submitted. I thought you wasn't supposed to post before it was pretty much done, but I guess it's possible to be pretty much done "that much earlier".
Yeah this is so true... So annoying when people post mediocre guides within minutes of a game being released and then waiting for two weeks to submit it just so that other members can make suggestions and make the guide better....

There is no harm in asking,

Good luck with your guide buddy!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #462
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntTheShunt View Post
Yeah this is so true... So annoying when people post mediocre guides within minutes of a game being released and then waiting for two weeks to submit it just so that other members can make suggestions and make the guide better....

There is no harm in asking,

Good luck with your guide buddy!
If that scenario happens, then the guide in question would be closed.

We were finding that many people were continuing to edit their guide and make additions to it when they'd submitted it, so it was difficult for the GT to make an editorial sweep of it because it kept changing. When a guide is submitted, it should be virtually finished, so the 75% submission rule was introduced to cut down on the number of edits made post-submission.

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #463
Dr.HelmutMarko

Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.HelmutMarko

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
If that scenario happens, then the guide in question would be closed.

We were finding that many people were continuing to edit their guide and make additions to it when they'd submitted it, so it was difficult for the GT to make an editorial sweep of it because it kept changing. When a guide is submitted, it should be virtually finished, so the 75% submission rule was introduced to cut down on the number of edits made post-submission.
Sure, I was not doubting the Guide Team's integrity. I am 100% certain that you guys are very vigilant on the matter. It was the guide writers who I have doubts for. It just feels as they think 'If I write a guide and upload it ASAP and be the first to submit, then it will be stuck. We all know this is true, but it has an implicit effect because it puts people off writing a guide. As they think, oh well someone has written one I will not bother now. That is the honest effect of someone posting a guide within days of its release. Do not get me wrong they are well in their rights to upload one that soon, but the majority of times they are very rushed and you see people posting say put this and put that. And the guide writer is clueless, when questions are raised. But yeah the 75% rule should be a healthy thing for the future
Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #464
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntTheShunt View Post
Sure, I was not doubting the Guide Team's integrity. I am 100% certain that you guys are very vigilant on the matter. It was the guide writers who I have doubts for. It just feels as they think 'If I write a guide and upload it ASAP and be the first to submit, then it will be stuck. We all know this is true, but it has an implicit effect because it puts people off writing a guide. As they think, oh well someone has written one I will not bother now. That is the honest effect of someone posting a guide within days of its release. Do not get me wrong they are well in their rights to upload one that soon, but the majority of times they are very rushed and you see people posting say put this and put that. And the guide writer is clueless, when questions are raised. But yeah the 75% rule should be a healthy thing for the future
I do understand your point and you're right when you say that some people do have that mindset. That's something we're trying to change though by reiterating the point that "first come, first stuck" is not always the case here and that extra emphasis is put on quality when selecting guides.

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #465
Darth_Krid
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   25,000 Posts   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
I do understand your point and you're right when you say that some people do have that mindset. That's something we're trying to change though by reiterating the point that "first come, first stuck" is not always the case here and that extra emphasis is put on quality when selecting guides.
In addition to this, just clicking on a guide that's posted soon after a game is released often tells you how much the writer has actually played the game. Personally, seeing a threadbare guide makes me want to write one and improve on what's already out there, rather than the opposite and dissuading me.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #466
Vuule

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

So.. One of the Dragons Dogma trophies is called The Artisan on my PS3 and others. Even when comparing trophies. But for some and the trophy tracking websites, says it's called The Craftsman. We had this small problem when we wrote the guide and Olsen decided to go with The Artisan because more people seemed to have it named that way. However, it seems it's really random what it's called, so should I just add both the guide?

Something like:
IMAGE The Artisan or The Craftsman
Trophy description

And maybe add something to the Roadmap about this?

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44

THL Season 7

Old 01-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #467
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

I would go with calling it both e.g. The Artisan/The Craftsman then add a note underneath explaining the issue .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #468
technole
Maximum Clubs Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Staff - Clubs Director
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)

Yeah, we get this happening every now and then when developers decide to change trophy names and/or descriptions post-release. Trophy card websites and even here at PS3T compile the initial list as it is released, and never update them again unless an update is discovered. It has happened with several games over time. Dragon's Dogma, and Payday: The Heist are just a few examples.

On the PSN trophy servers, the trophy name is actually The Craftsman. So if someone were to install the game for the first time with the patch, they are likely to get the updated list installed. Definitely a note about the name can help.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #469
Azlanslayer

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Where should i post if the forum for the game i'm making a guide for isn't made yet?

Azlanslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #470
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlanslayer View Post
Where should i post if the forum for the game i'm making a guide for isn't made yet?
If the forum hasn't been made yet then the game isn't out yet. In which case, you can't write a guide for a game that hasn't been yet released. If that's not the case, post here to have a forum made:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fee...ty-thread.html

Once Olsen has created the forum, you can then create the guide.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote