XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Default Updates Needed on a Main Site Trophy Guide or Roadmap? Let us know here.

With the large number of guides on the site (some of which are a few years old now) this thread is in place to report any issues any one finds with the Main Site guides. That means issues pertaining to the guides loaded onto the Main Page of the site.

It is also the place to post your updates to guides youíve written. If you have updated anything after your forum guide has been stickied please post those updates in this thread.

Please donít report issues dealing with forum guides. If there is an issue with a forum guide please contact the guide author directly. If they donít respond to you then post here explaining you havenít been responded to. This includes content issues (ie Ė you feel another method would be better etc)

Examples of things you should post here:
  • If youíre a guide author and have updated your guide, please post your updates in this thread so that the main guide can be as up-to-date as possible.
  • A link in a guide that no longer works (an image that's missing, a video that was removed from YouTube, etc).
  • A method for obtaining a trophy that was removed from the game in an update that came out after the guide was created.
  • In the same manner, if a guide makes note of a glitch or some other problem with getting a trophy that was fixed by a game update, tell us so we can remove that from the guide.
  • Major spelling or grammar problems. We check for these when we add the guides, but no one is perfect and we may miss something.
  • Anything else in the guide that isn't right somehow.
Examples of things that you should NOT post here:
  • A problem with the guide topic on the forum. PM the author of that thread and get them to update it. This includes suggestions for how to better obtain a trophy etc. If you want to have a trophy explanation changed you need to PM the author first.
  • Problems with the My Trophies checklist feature.
  • Letting us know that you are working on a guide, that you've finished a guide, or asking if you can write a guide for a game that already has one. Such things belong in the Trophy Guide Walkthrough
  • Asking us to look over your guide. If you feel your guide is done, post a link to it in the Submit forum. Someone on staff will look over the guide and if there are any problems with your guide you will be notified.
  • A trophy list having the wrong tile, weight, or description. That's for Shadow or Vyrastas to fix, the guide team isn't involved in that. See here: Found a Problem With a Trophy List? Let Us Know Here.
  • Anything else that doesn't relate to something wrong with a guide or road map on the main site. If you aren't posting about a problem with the user created content on pages with the following kind of URL, it does not belong in this thread! http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/NAME OF GAME IS HERE/guide/
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a discussion thread of any kind. Anything not related to guides or road maps will be deleted from the thread.

Last edited by FootballPsycho; 07-20-2014 at 06:43 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
Pirate

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the in the Call of Juarez Guide- The trophy pic for Crime Does Pay, shows up like this:

Big thanks to Shadowtroop 110 for the sig and Dagger for the avatar
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place

That's because we don't have the trophy tile. It's not on the regular trophy list either.

And that kind of thing really wasn't what I had in mind (I was thinking about the actual guide itself, the part that Korix or myself adds in for each trophy) but I suppose it works. Just make sure it's not the same way on the regular list first.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #4
Moose_PS3T

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

If we think a guide is... "sub par" do we post that here and ask if you feel the same way?
Moose_PS3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
mjc0961

Nope. 10 characters are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Examples of things that you should NOT post here
  • Letting us know that you are working on a guide, that you've finished a guide, or asking if you can write a guide for a game that already has one. Such things belong in the Trophy Guides Walkthrough thread.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a discussion thread of any kind. Anything not related to guides or road maps will be deleted from the thread.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
Moose_PS3T

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Nope. 10 characters are stupid.
Ok that didn't really answer my question. I'm not asking if we can say "this guide isn't good so I want to make one for it that's better", I'm asking if we can say " Does this guide fit the quality that it needs to." I think you should edit the post saying that you can or can't say that, it's a weeeeee bit confusing. Or maybe it's just me...
Moose_PS3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
mjc0961

I really don't know how a very clear "nope" didn't answer your question. This is a thread for a problem with guide content already published on the site. Therefore you can assume that the staff has already looked over it and found it worthy. Again, if you think you can to better, the "how to write a guide" thread is what you want.

Now please, leave this thread for its intended purpose.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Pirate

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
That's because we don't have the trophy tile. It's not on the regular trophy list either.

And that kind of thing really wasn't what I had in mind (I was thinking about the actual guide itself, the part that Korix or myself adds in for each trophy) but I suppose it works. Just make sure it's not the same way on the regular list first.
Okey smokey!

Edit: Didn't feel like making a new post....

Also in the Bioshock Guide, for the trophy "Became A Big Daddy" -the description states "piece the suit together in Proving Grounds"

Should be Point Prometheus, Proving Grounds is after you become a Big Daddy I believe....

Big thanks to Shadowtroop 110 for the sig and Dagger for the avatar

Last edited by Pirate; 08-14-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
mcnichoj

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

PS3Trophies.org - Bioshock Trophies Guide

The very last trophy on the bottom, Little Sister Savior is listed as a Bronze and I believe it's a Silver.

*Copypasta*

ďYouíre acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.Ē - Henry Winkler
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
mjc0961

That shouldn't really go here as it's out of the range of what the guide team can do. I would say to submit it, but I really have no idea why it happens. As you can see on the trophy list it is silver there... I've seen this on other lists too. Some of the platinums turn to bronze on the guide list for example. I'll see if I can dig up plenty of examples and get Routine to take a look at it sometime. But for now, if you find any more of them, PM me or post it elsewhere, as they go beyond the scope of this thread.