Still struggling with renowned

I have been using Aganduar and getting 13-15 kills most games. The most I have gotten in a single game I thought was 16 but the game registers me as 18 for most kills in a match. I play both 1-lane and 3-lane matches on regular battlegrounds. I have been struggling with this trophy on and off for the past couple months. I have the same loadout as the guide on the forums with all +Ability Power and some +Ability Penetration.

Has anyone had any success trying to get this semi-legit? Like with a partner or a full 5 person team? I'm willing to try anything to shelf this game soon... I can't wait much longer or people will stop playing and the servers will go offline! Any advice here will be appreciated.

PSN ~ Smookler

I have been using Aganduar and getting 13-15 kills most games. The most I have gotten in a single game I thought was 16 but the game registers me as 18 for most kills in a match. I play both 1-lane and 3-lane matches on regular battlegrounds. I have been struggling with this trophy on and off for the past couple months. I have the same loadout as the guide on the forums with all +Ability Power and some +Ability Penetration.

Has anyone had any success trying to get this semi-legit? Like with a partner or a full 5 person team? I'm willing to try anything to shelf this game soon... I can't wait much longer or people will stop playing and the servers will go offline! Any advice here will be appreciated.

PSN ~ Smookler

I started the game today and got "renowned" just recently. I have a 2nd ps3 and was initially intending to boost with a friend but we never got enough people :( so I decided to go after the rest of the trophies but left my 2nd ps3 on and simultaneously searched matches attempting to end up in opposing teams and after countless tries i finally got matched up against my alt ps3 and easily got 22 kills. So in essence you CAN BOOST this trophy with 2 players. I often got my alt ps3s in the same team and only that once did i get lucky but its doable if you are really persistent. Took some hours but that's one way to do it.

Now i just need some wins..... I just have 8/25 :mad: but at least its for a gold trophy.

I don't understand how having your alt ps3 on the opposite team helped you? You would still have 4 teamates and 4 other opponents that would be in the way of farming your alt ps3 character on the other team. What exactly was your strategy here because I can easily find one other person to take turns doing this with me.

I don't understand how having your alt ps3 on the opposite team helped you? You would still have 4 teamates and 4 other opponents that would be in the way of farming your alt ps3 character on the other team. What exactly was your strategy here because I can easily find one other person to take turns doing this with me.

It was a 3 lane map and at the beginning i just simply walked with my primary ps3 as closed as possible to the enemy base and hid on some bushes in between the bottom and middle lane. Then i switched to my alt ps3 and walked to that location and then switched to my primary ps3 and killed him. I did have 3 instances where the other opponents found me but i managed to run away.

I can easily find one other person to take turns doing this with me.

That was my point lol I did it with an alt ps3 but its easily doable with a partner though i doubt you can both get 20 kills in one round.

I did previously specify:

So in essence you CAN BOOST this trophy with 2 players.

Okay that makes sense now. I figured that is what you were implying I just was assuming you had gotten a friend to be playing on your alt ps3. So you actually accomplished this playing both systems yourself at the same time. If you could do that by yourself then its gotta be doable if I get a friend on the opposing team.

Can anyone confirm if renowned is available both in regular and elite battlegrounds? The trophy description just says battlegrounds so I wasn't sure if I should try this on elite battlegrounds or not.

Okay that makes sense now. I figured that is what you were implying I just was assuming you had gotten a friend to be playing on your alt ps3. So you actually accomplished this playing both systems yourself at the same time. If you could do that by yourself then its gotta be doable if I get a friend on the opposing team.

Can anyone confirm if renowned is available both in regular and elite battlegrounds? The trophy description just says battlegrounds so I wasn't sure if I should try this on elite battlegrounds or not.

I'm 99.9% sure trophies pop in EBG too.

I have my tv's side by side so it wasn't a problem but i did once confused the controllers lol but yea its doable with just 2 people.

I'm not expert in GoME, but I've played enough to get it 2 or 3 times.

This was the last trophy that I needed to get to 100%.

Here how I got it with Agandaur:

Game type : me and 4CPU vs 5CPU in 1 lane

Relic : (4 stlot)AP+Life Steal per Level and (3 slot) 50 AP per kill.

Gems : All AP Gems(5k gold), 5% Cooldown and 1 Other(don't remember)

Command : 200AP boost

Potions : (3x)100AP Boost (1x)Health Regen

Mostly, I tried to kill them with Shockwave after boosting my AP with either the command or the AP-Potion wich ever was available. I was hiding in the bushes until I was sure that the shockwave would hit at least 3 times.

Lastly, I've only been able to achieve it when I had the best gems(5k). Take it slowly at start since you are very squishy, when you get to level 8 and the relic is active, and when you have more than 1 point in Shockwave, you can start to do multiple kills.

Hope this will help you out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm relatively pissed. A friend's been staying with me the last few months so when it comes to boosting partners, having two PS3 that you have control over works great. Except when the other team members don't cooperate. I was using his system to get up to the 20 kills (since trying it legit I've been lucky to get even 4 kills.. lots of assists, though). And three times tonight I made it up to 19 kills, and then someone killed me and I couldnt respawn fast enough before the round ended. Very.. very pissed off.

Well I'm relatively pissed. A friend's been staying with me the last few months so when it comes to boosting partners, having two PS3 that you have control over works great. Except when the other team members don't cooperate. I was using his system to get up to the 20 kills (since trying it legit I've been lucky to get even 4 kills.. lots of assists, though). And three times tonight I made it up to 19 kills, and then someone killed me and I couldnt respawn fast enough before the round ended. Very.. very pissed off.

I used Agaundaur and the strategy outlined in the thread below in a fully AI match. Worked for me on the first try. In fact it was so easy I could win games in 10 minutes or less

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/guardians-middle-earth/184718-renowned-trophy-guide-1-lane-battleground.html

Edited by yewjhin

That was actually the first strategy I tried, but I could never get enough guardians around me to take them out, even when I did get full AI teams. I'll give it another go later. I need the 25 rounds, the 20 kills, and so far I've yet to be on the winning team while playing as a Warrior class.

Edit: All I need now is the win with a Warrior class. Any suggestions?

Edited by RedMoonSharingan

• 1 month later...

Try using Lugbol instead, there is some gems and relics that boost your AP for each enemy kill you make. So when you start the match you are quite weak, but once you get to lvl 14 and manage to make some kills you are going to be on a roll. His ultimate power is a one shot one kill skill once the AP has been boosted enough and his skills are much easier to aim and control than Agandaur in my opinion. And his dog that he can summon pulls enemies so you can have the dog pull an enemy and you have a free shot on him with your ultimate. Lugbol is deadly played this way.

• 1 month later...