Hard mode trophy playthrough skip.

Odlanorz

I found a glitch that gave me the hard mode trophy without having to do the 2nd playthrough. Here is what i did.

EDIT

My instructions were off, thanks to Wintermute for figuring out proper directions.

I figured out how to do this. From the main menu hit new game, select hard, then back out (I used circle, not sure if selecting no and pressing x would work). After this go into the options menu then back out with circle. This forces an autosave. Then select continue. Once your game loads, press select. If it worked the word "hard" should appear in the upper left of the map.
Edited by Odlanorz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that hard of a plat

I know, but it still shows perseverance due to the orb platform sections (Tule Tree and Sierra Morena) and boss fights (Flame Face and Javier).

I agree it's not that hard compared to other games, but still feels a bit cheap to get it without actually playing it on hard.

Might have been an isolated glitch. I cleared the game this morning with a 100% completion. Hadn't started hard yet, so I loaded up the game, hit new game, then "no", then reloaded my old game and rebeat the boss. No trophy for hard.

The hardest part of the game isn't the battles anyway, it's those damn platforming sections to reach the orbs. I won't be doing those again for my hard mode play through anyway :mad:

who cares how someone gets their plat? this is a site for getting trophies. if you wanted to get them legit then you wouldnt be on this site in the first place. if there is an exploit so be it. i cant believe people are actually complaining about a glitch, especially here of all places.

Not that hard but some really frustrating moments which makes it one of my harder Platinums.

And if that exploit works for everyone it will ruin the Platinum in my opinion.

Well, we did get a patch for GOW: Ascension and Tomb Raider because crybabies didn't want to play the game the way its intended and wanted a Platinum on a silverplatter.

Well, we did get a patch for GOW: Ascension and Tomb Raider because crybabies didn't want to play the game the way its intended and wanted a Platinum on a silverplatter.

re: the GOW patch - it may not have been necessary (i beat the game pre-patch), but even the devs said that the trials of archimedes ended up being more difficult than they had originally planned, so...

re: tomb raider - forcing people to level up to 60 3 times just to get one character model for a trophy is a really poor, and ill-conceived design choice. it takes it out of the realm of enjoyment to mind-numbingly boring tedium at that point. i'm glad they got rid of that requirement. quite frankly, if i didn't want the platinum, and if there weren't any MP trophies, i wouldn't even touch that side of the game.

re: the GOW patch - it may not have been necessary (i beat the game pre-patch), but even the devs said that the trials of archimedes ended up being more difficult than they had originally planned, so...

re: tomb raider - forcing people to level up to 60 3 times just to get one character model for a trophy is a really poor, and ill-conceived design choice. it takes it out of the realm of enjoyment to mind-numbingly boring tedium at that point. i'm glad they got rid of that requirement. quite frankly, if i didn't want the platinum, and if there weren't any MP trophies, i wouldn't even touch that side of the game.

Wait - they patched Tomb Raider?

I actually returned the game (had it on preorder) as I had not interest in 60+ hours of MP. I may reconsider, although I will probably still wait for a price drop at this point.

Wait - they patched Tomb Raider?

I actually returned the game (had it on preorder) as I had not interest in 60+ hours of MP. I may reconsider, although I will probably still wait for a price drop at this point.

yup. after complaints about having to grind MP for that long just for one stupid character, they announced they were going to patch it to make the general free, and not count towards the trophy he was associated with.

although someone found a way to unlock the character without even having to grind for that long (which may have also been another reason for the patch).