flame face

jimmylad

how the f**k do you kill him on hard mode. its so cheap its unreal. first part is easy but after this when he starts spawning his little bastard minions to help him out theres that much going on on screen it gets just beyond stupid.

EDIT: typical, I do it after my post. the key thing is the roll. saves you no end. those yellow skeletons have to be the most annoying enemy in the entire game.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BEANO_BRFC.png

Edited by jimmylad

Yeah, yellow dudes are very annoying on hard. They dodge like there's no tomorrow and always have more health than you think. They're what makes this fight hard. Any fight they're in, is immediately annoying. I made it to the last temple on hard today, and the first fight is a yellow only party. Just hell

Yeah, yellow dudes are very annoying on hard. They dodge like there's no tomorrow and always have more health than you think. They're what makes this fight hard. Any fight they're in, is immediately annoying. I made it to the last temple on hard today, and the first fight is a yellow only party. Just hell

That's the hardest part of the game in my opinion.

Either that or the last arena before the final boss where you're fighting 4 of the flying guys at once and there's 2 in each dimension.

That's the hardest part of the game in my opinion.

Either that or the last arena before the final boss where you're fighting 4 of the flying guys at once and there's 2 in each dimension.

I think the only reason I got past that last arena with those guys is that they seemed to bug out and sit still if they are on the opposite side of the arena. If they had kept attacking I would probably still be fighting them.

On hard, flame face is a bitch. Actually flame face himself is quite easy, as his attacks are very predictable and easily dodged. But combine that with yellow skeletons in different dimensions, and you have a hell of a fight.

The absolute key is that he always spawns the other enemies at a set amount of health that he has left. Once he summons an enemy, immediately focus on the enemy and not flame face. If you ignore the enemy, and continue to pummel flame face, he will summon more, and you will be so swamped you have no chance.

You can take as long as you want fighting the enemies, and no more will come, as long as you don't damage flame face. You also get a small health boost for each enemy you kill, and every time you damage flame face enough for him to summon an enemy.

• 1 year later...

yes, this fight is hard and annoying. i'm playing on vita so i'm extra careful with these 'analogs' but i finally got to beat him. i won't lie, it wasn't the stock costumes, i used Juanita and got him on my 3rd try with her(13 total on hard mode :think: :( )

these developers should know that just because testers manage to win and prevail anything they create, consumers can't always live up to these insane difficulties

yes, this fight is hard and annoying. i'm playing on vita so i'm extra careful with these 'analogs' but i finally got to beat him. i won't lie, it wasn't the stock costumes, i used Juanita and got him on my 3rd try with her(13 total on hard mode :think: :( )

these developers should know that just because testers manage to win and prevail anything they create, consumers can't always live up to these insane difficulties

Well, that's why is called HARD... because you are supposed to have trouble getting through them :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly I got this one first try. I switched to PS3 because for some reason I like using the analog stick on the Vita, but the D-pad on the DS3 is better. I switched during some random arena battle that was giving me trouble way before this battle, and upon first try on the PS3 I got it. I swear, it's just easier on PS3 lol.

Surprisingly I got this one first try. I switched to PS3 because for some reason I like using the analog stick on the Vita, but the D-pad on the DS3 is better. I switched during some random arena battle that was giving me trouble way before this battle, and upon first try on the PS3 I got it. I swear, it's just easier on PS3 lol.

There's no question. I platted the game entirely on the VITA and afterward, I tried it on the PS3 just for giggles and it's a world of a difference. The PS3 version is much easier to play due to the controls.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally don't think Flame Face is that bad an encounter. Agree with above mentioned, focus on yellow guys when they are summoned. Those guys attack with a bit "prediction" and my personal take is using DurpDurp to close in fast and trying to knock them down. Don't be greedy with them.

X'tababy is always the hardest boss to me.

• 3 years later...
On hard, flame face is a bitch. Actually flame face himself is quite easy, as his attacks are very predictable and easily dodged. But combine that with yellow skeletons in different dimensions, and you have a hell of a fight.

The absolute key is that he always spawns the other enemies at a set amount of health that he has left. Once he summons an enemy, immediately focus on the enemy and not flame face. If you ignore the enemy, and continue to pummel flame face, he will summon more, and you will be so swamped you have no chance.

You can take as long as you want fighting the enemies, and no more will come, as long as you don't damage flame face. You also get a small health boost for each enemy you kill, and every time you damage flame face enough for him to summon an enemy.

I was struggling til I tried this.

Got him beat within 3 tries using this advice.

Thanks!