Tree tops...-__-

Mushy Snugglebites

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I usually like a challenge these platforming sessions are borderline too-annoying-to-bother and completely out of touch with the rest of the game. Maybe a DS3 ease things up a bit, will give it a try, not having any fun whatsoever on my Vita, controls are terrible, all this changing worlds with shoulder button while jumping and trying to release a special move that may or may not work at nearly the same time is retarded, remind me of some old school games which I'm really not nostalgic of.

Edited by Misantropus

I got to the saw section, but ended up dying. Only being able to get midway inside once or twice throughout the process. :/

I think it would be better, if they got rid of the ability to die there. And just let you keep going and going and going until you get it.

The balance isn't very good. It's just too much to me, especially when the rest of the game is VERY generous with checkpoints.

I don't mind that it's 'hard', but they add in the ability to send you all the way back when you die. Which is ridiculous to me and takes it too far from 'challenging' to 'annoying'.

Edited by Elvick

Am i the only one who didn't have any problems at all with this part?

Once you get the "rhythm" it's really easy, the saw blades are actually the easiest part of this whole area when you get the hang of it.

Obviously some people here haven't played the older NES platformers which are like 100 times more sadistic than this :dance:

Once you get the "rhythm" it's really easy, the saw blades are actually the easiest part of this whole area when you get the hang of it.

Obviously some people here haven't played the older NES platformers which are like 100 times more sadistic than this :dance:

I have played them but I guess my reflexes were better then. I also had more patience(even though I was younger). I'm 35 now...so I'm not old but still...

I'm not as good as I once was at those games. I play them now and wonder how I was ever as good at them as I used to be. Since, I'm terrible now.

Probably because I have more to play now and so I don't replay the same game over and over building up similar skills from the same kind of games.

Either way, did it, but still think it's super frustrating.

Its not like I havent played hard games ghosts & goblins, Contra, Contra; Shattered Soldier, Super Meat Boy its that for whatever reason i cant get the timing of the saws right. i get up into the 2nd part of it and it just all goes to hell lol

This area is begging for a video. I'm at the part with the long skinny pole(not sure what to call it) with spikes on each side that lead to two more wider ones on the left side. How far to go until the saw blades area?

Edit:The part with the saw blades wasn't that hard. There were a few times where I somehow did a wallrun even though I didn't try to do that. That was probably a result of the stick on the controller though.

Edited by TheTwo1000

It took me a bit of time but I finally finished it :D

I agree with you, just keep at it and once you get the rhythm it becomes easy

Edited by Beanz777

Yeah just keeping focus and getting attempts in will get you through this section. It is definitely difficult, but after a bit you'll be able to get through it. It eventually just clicked for me and I was able to get that pesky orb.

This. It's challenging. Absolutely. Took me about a half-hour. But once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.

I didn't have too much trouble with this area. Like you said, once I figured out the rhythm, it was fairly easy. I had zero trouble with the saw blades.