Javier Jaguar

JFryes

OK, what the hell? Does anyone have any strategies for this guy? The game was easy as hell up until this point, but I can barely make a dent on him and I've tried 2 dozen times so far. His attacks are timed so that if you get hit once you're screwed, since he just keeps hitting you repeatedly as soon as you get back up.

Edited by JFryes

I just kept rolling with L2, then broke his shield. After you break his shield, headbutt works pretty good because it will knock him across the room.

Yeah... That's way easier said than done. Head but is the worst attack because it's so close range and you have to be standing still. Accidentally flick to the left or right and you're doing the blue attack.

the headbutt was what I used everytime I broke his shield. if you stand were he lands you can get a few more headbutts in aswell before he puts another shield up. I did notice when he didn't have much life left he switches shield quite rapidly making this technique a little tougher, but should be quite easy to finish him off from here.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BEANO_BRFC.png

I'm almost at him on hard now. I just ran into a cheap area where you have to fight though. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. The green enemies that float that you have to kill in a certain amount of time now have white shields here. You have to kill them or they explode and it hits you.

Then you have the wall in the center(with spikes above it) that you have to wall run and jump over to get to the enemies. You have the skeletons constantly tossing bones at you from both sides. Then the ones that are slightly tricky to deal with when other enemies are around. That and add the dimension swap and it just sucks.

Edit:He honestly isn't any different on hard. His attacks just do more damage. Which is bad enough but the others bosses had a slightly new wrinkle added to them.

Edited by TheTwo1000

God damn this guy is a son of a bitch on hard.

I've had him down to a slither of health on a few occasions but that white combo shield that he gets at the end is a huge pain in the arse, it's so hard to land 6 blows on him because he's so quick.

Been at it half an hour, need a break.

I got glitched after I beat him twice. After he spoke spare his life let him lick his wound, I can not control my char and not be able to move . Does anybody encounter the same error? this game is so great but man don't let me get stuck here and start over that ruins the whole game.

Edit. Okay got it the 4th time beaten him. The thing is if I stand on his right side of the screen when he was beaten it glitches. I had to make sure I beat him while I am on the left side of the screen and he crawls from the right... Don't know why..

Edited by YokA_sun

For the life of me I can't finish this guy off on hard. I've gone threw it so many times I keep getting to his white shield with full health and I die before I can get rid of that white shield.

Edit: Finally killed his ass, once I got that white shield down and got him caught in that first head butt it was all over with, I head butted him till it was over.

Edited by tigerbait_

It took me a few try's but he isn't really that hard on normal when you learn his moves. Just go to the other side of the screen from him and watch/dodge his attacks for a little bit to learn them. From what I remember he only has:

- Spinning forward jump where he slams his sword into the ground (this affects in front and behind him)

- Attack where he slams the his sword into the ground in front of him (affects forwards only)

- He turns red then into a jaguar then charges you (easy to double jump over)

- Shoots flames upward (will hit you if you are close to him on the ground)

Thats about it. The best time to hit him is after his jumping spinning attack as he stands still for a brief moment (especially when head butt is required). Stand away from him and just after he jumps, you jump at him. But remember to do a double jump to stay over the yellow dust from his attack. This will land you right next to him then nail him with whatever special move is required. If this sends him into the air quickly follow up with square to continue punching him and you can get another 2-3 special attacks in before he hits the ground if you time it right. If he doesn't go flying into the air quickly double jump away from him as he will attack again regardless if you are hitting him.

Then just wait until he does his spinning move to start over again. When he goes red double jump over his jaguar charge. When he slams his sword down at you run backwards or wall jump over him. The key is just stay away from him and be patient. If you miss your attack, do the wrong special or he switches worlds, just quickly double jump away.

Hope this helps

Edited by Chookz

Took me almost an hour to beat this guy on hard, i could always beat him until he brought up the white shield. What i did was using the special hits combos. The most effective being: headbutt, uppercut, derpderp, slam, and another derpderp, with a hit or two between each move.

I just want to add my 2 cents, Headbutting works like a charm :dance:

Yep!

No matter what shield he had I would headbutt first and if it took him off his feet use the correct attack to remove his shield either after he lands or while he's in the air. You can then quickly get 2-3 circle button or square (in the case of the final white shield on hard) hits on him. Headbutts also worked great after the any shields were down as he would hit the wall and bounce back for another headbutt. :)

Took me around a hour or so, might ave been abit more to take him down, first had to relearn his pattern and then anytime I got him down to the white shield he had a thing about rolling all over so it was hard to hit him before he could spam one of his fire attacks. Though at least Carlos was alot easier then Javier.

Only took two tries on his first form and three or four on his second.

• 1 month later...

I'm still struggling with this jerk, and it's kind of taken the fun out of this game. I'm so discouraged by this fight right now that I feel it really damages my perception of this game. I may move on for now, or maybe see if I have more luck with the PS3 version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dude was waaaaaay harder than the final boss for me. Not looking forward to fighting him on hard. :/

THIS, i beat the final boss so easily with the Headbutt alone as he "telegraphs" EVERY attack. JJ took me a few hrs to beat as he has no pattern and is random with little to to warning of WHAT attack is coming.

• 1 month later...

There's a cheap way to beat this boss if you have the costume DLC: use Pollo Luchador costume, hit boss as much as you can and when your health is low jump to a wall going as high as you can and wait here (hold triangle).

Beware: if JJ is too close immediatly fly to the other wall in order to evade the enemy's only move that can hurt you (the one that damage you if you are above him). Sometimes he simply sit still, so you have to just press triangle and wait.

Wait until you have recovered your health than back to fight and repeat.

It's boring but this way anyone can beat him, it's just matter of time.

Edited by GaF