Grubbins on Ice Final Boss

Cornagandarub

This is the real pain in the ass, it's the only time I've lost a battle in Costume Quest and I've done so 5 times now. Any suggestions from those who have beaten this monstrosity?

EDIT: So I found a way to do it good, I just used the three new costumes along with the heal all party members stamp, the insanely heal self stamp, and the greatly increased defense stamp.

Edited by Cornagandarub

TY that worked really well.

I went with the Yeti + statue of liberty + the eye costume.

The stamps rendered the statue of liberty special kind of pointless.

basically the clue on this boss is to stay alive for as long as possible as the hit points on the enemy doesn't really matter.

Knock him out of the air 3 times and you win.

I used the following costumes and stamps:

Unicorn: Double Damage stamp

Knight : Extra HP stamp

Jack-O-Lantern: Party HP heal every turn stamp

Then just use the Unicorn ability to restore HP to someone that needs it. Use the Knight ability to put a shield on somebody who needs it. Once I did that the battle was cake.

Awesome DLC. Looks like they left the door open for more too!

I used the following costumes and stamps:

Unicorn: Double Damage stamp

Knight : Extra HP stamp

Jack-O-Lantern: Party HP heal every turn stamp

Then just use the Unicorn ability to restore HP to someone that needs it. Use the Knight ability to put a shield on somebody who needs it. Once I did that the battle was cake.

Awesome DLC. Looks like they left the door open for more too!

Yes, I'm predicting Space perhaps? Whatever it is I can't wait to jump back into Costume Quest.

This Battle was soooo boring ... the easiest way to do it is with the Yeti-Costume, whenever Big One comes up, each one of your chars will have one more action, just use the "defend-all-special" from the Yeti and he does like 30 damage max... give one of your guys the "heal-all-stamp" and you can't loose ... EVER!!

• 3 weeks later...

I used

- Unicorn with Auto-revive stamp

- Ninja with Insane heal stamp

- Yeti with Greatly defense

Whenever the big bones was about to KO, I would shroud the healer or the ninja depending in which order you have them. Ninja does great attack damage. Maybe it is just me but every stamp except defensive stamps, were useless during the battle.

Ninja ultimate makes boss's 1-hit KO do 0 damage to you, saving you for the round

• 1 month later...
I used

- Unicorn with Auto-revive stamp

- Ninja with Insane heal stamp

- Yeti with Greatly defense

Whenever the big bones was about to KO, I would shroud the healer or the ninja depending in which order you have them. Ninja does great attack damage. Maybe it is just me but every stamp except defensive stamps, were useless during the battle.

Ninja ultimate makes boss's 1-hit KO do 0 damage to you, saving you for the round

those worked for me.

• 8 months later...
This Battle was soooo boring ... the easiest way to do it is with the Yeti-Costume, whenever Big One comes up, each one of your chars will have one more action, just use the "defend-all-special" from the Yeti and he does like 30 damage max... give one of your guys the "heal-all-stamp" and you can't loose ... EVER!!

THANK YOU! This totally worked! :D

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...

Used the same formula as @dancingmind...

Robot (Shockwave Mech) + Skeleton of the Wolf (double attack power)...

Liberty + Headless Vampire Bat (insane HP recovery per turn)...

Yeti + Mummy Gauze (increased defense)... 

First round.

Basic Attack for all three.  Araxia ends up with about 3093/4000.

Second round.

Basic Attack for all three.  Special Attack will be at 95% by this time.  Hero health should be at 90-100% for as long as we do not miss the Araxia's QTE attacks of whom will most likely have 2500/4000 HP.

Third round. Morphin' time!

☑️Robot's Missile Barrage (damage)...

☑️Liberty's Anthem (healing)...

☑️Yeti's Abominable Armour (defense)...

By this time Big Bones briefly awakens and attacks taking about 290-310 HP from the heroes.

DO NOT miss any QTE defenses against Araxia.

Rinse repeat the process.  Without spoiling anything further Araxia HP will no longer go lower than 1/4000 HP.

Attacking Big Bones would be pointless and just a waste of a turn, best spend them on Araxia.