Stuck on mission 3!!!

Man i cant't believe i'm stuck! I'm playing on emerald knight difficulty. I'm at the bit where you have to save the battery from dieing! I've reached a checkpoint where you go down a ramp and come to an open area with lots of enemies. The battery is to the right of the screen. There are the bot things shotting at the battery and two of the big enemies with the saw blades and a few other random dudes!

Problem is i have just 24% of the battery remaining. And i just find it impossible to kill all the enemies in time. I've tried everything...i can't possible do it any faster :/

Any tips?

I think 24% is the standard percentage for the that part, but I could be wrong. I was also at 24% when I hit that part. It was a real bitch. It took me an hour to get it done (30 minutes one night, gave up, 30 minutes the next). You're going to want to get rid of those guys shooting at the battery as fast as possible.

Once those guys are done, throw the military dudes at the two big guys to hurt them. I forgot what it's called but it's when you use :r2: or :l2: I think and a button for a power attack. Hit them once and then dodge their attacks, attack again. Repeat until the :circle: comes up and kill them. More bots will come. Use the cannon to take the out as fast as possible. You'll most like be at 1% or 2% by the time you beat everything.

I know this isn't much but keep trying. Learn the enemies movements, conserve your energy, avoid hits. Only get more energy/health if you absolutely need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was stuck in this exact same part, it was maddening. Only part in the game.

I spammed mines too to beat it. And yes, it is possible to get to this point with more than 24%, but if you die, that is what the continue defaults to. And as they said, don't focus on the things shooting the battery, irrelevant, you just have to kill everything.

• 3 weeks later...

hey, wow i was on 24%.

rest assure its not impossible. its best to get a friend to play with you, even if they are not all that good. First destroy the initial spiral battery shooters ( should take 3 seconds max), then both of you WAR HAMMER the hell out of the 2 robocops (disregarding the little men because they just die naturally when you are warhammering the big ones), as soon as you see the circle show up finish him off with the combo. After they are gone you will have 4% left which can you use to destroy the battery shooters, simply jump in the air and spam your blaster gun ( 4 seconds max to destroy them).

notes: the battery will continue to drain even if the battery shooters are destroyed and there is one little man left

happy gaming

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuck at this same spot! Ugh. My only consolation is that you seem to keep the experience points from killing enemies before you die, so I'm hoping that if I continue to upgrade all my powers I'll get through it eventually.

Edit: Finally got it. Activating a second player really did help with this.

Edited by Sunlit Garden

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this game must be quite challenging alone by the sounds of things. I literally forced my brother to play the whole game with me so we never ran into any trouble. I really recommend getting someone, even a kid to just be there for ten seconds if you die. It's a button mashing game so there's no way they can be bad xD

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck at this point, guess I will get my son to play with me so I can get passed it lol. It's good to read this is the only challenging part of the game though, because I was breezing through then I got to this and I got a little worried. Glad I'm not the only one who had issues with it too. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Mermaid. The trophy difficulty is like, "Oh yeah, this game is a 2/10 in my personal opinion." Baloney. This part is a 10/10 when you first encounter it. Freaking annoying.

Thanks for the tips, everyone who posted. Spamming Warhammer and focusing on the Manhunter Tanks made it possible to save the battery with 3% left. Phew. Yes, I was using the 2nd controller just to have the 10-second respawn.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips, I got it on my 3rd try using a 2nd player, basically I stay in middle of the arena with 2nd player and spam the mines with him, as soon as energy is depleted I spam with the 1st player and try to hit as quickly as possible the enemies with shield and throw them away including the smaller ones. With the bigger ones I use the same method and I tried to lure them with the 2nd player just to spam the mines.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...