Review this Game!

What would you rate this game?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate this game?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8671/gamereviewthreadheader.png

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad13/GlennThomas/AverageReviewScoreNA.png

Average Game Rating = N/A

How To Review

1. Please don't post a review without having played the game first!
  2. Please don't post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.
  3. Please DON'T write any spoilers. If in doubt contact me.
  4. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the 'Multiplayer Experience' heading.
  5. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.
  6. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.
  7. Anybody can review, you dont have to write a huge review. Just your thoughts on the game.
  8. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Template

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound (Gameplay):

Sound (Music):

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience:

Rent or Buy this Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Use the Poll!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. But if you want you can add your own titles. Remember to use the poll!

NOTE: This is not a discussion thread, please only post your reviews. Any other posts will be deleted.

Please don't create these type of threads yourself, If you need further assistance contact:

:psn: Harry94

:psn: OLIVERMC97

Edited by Harry94_

• 3 months later...

Story: The story isn't too bad, classic "insider betrays friends and wants to take over the world" story but it's alright.

Gameplay: The gameplay is surprisingly good. Kinda reminds me of GOW and The Incredibles (lol)

Controls: The controls are very smooth, perfect timing, no lagg at all.

Graphics: The graphics in the cutscenes are (as always) better than the ingame graphics but still not too shabby.

Sound (Gameplay): Sound matches the gameplay very well and if you turn your volume up youll feel like you are there yourself.

Sound (Music): Didnt really pay attention to the music, I cant say if there even was background music.

Wow Factor: 1/10. Well for the bosses Id say 5/10.

Replay Value: Not very high, fun to play through with a friend but not over and over again.

Multiplayer Experience: No online but co-op, which is a lot of fun if you play with a friend

[spoiler=334928]juggling the enemies around, throwing them at each other. Throwing bombs at your friends, kinda like LBP, where you slap each other and try to kill the others.

Rent or Buy this Game? Rent, easy to plat in a day and not a game Id play twice or even three times.

Story: Story was kind of bland, It doesn't drive you to finish the game. It's not the worst story I have played, but definitely doesn't leave an impression. You'll forget about it in a couple of weeks.

Gameplay: For a "Movie" game, the gameplay was surprisingly good. It did a damn good job of letting you know what it would be like to be a Green Lantern.

There is more than enough moves, combo's and constructs (what the ring creates, you get a Jet, a Mech suit, a Rocket pack, Baseball bat and plenty others.) To keep the gameplay from getting boring. (After the train wrecks of Thor, and Iron Man...It was nice to play a game that was actually good.)

I also liked the fact that there is only a handful of collectibles. I think in total there was only 12 or so.

Controls: Controls were great, they had the constructs mapped to the shoulder buttons, you hold either L2, or R2 and then press one of the face buttons to execute the move.You can map the constructs any way you want, and have access to 8 at a time. Controls are pretty tight, I never had a problem pulling of what move I intended, or ended up going in the wrong direction. There was no input lag so when you wanted to block, you blocked.

Graphics: I thought they were sub-par for a PS3 game, it looks more like an HD re-master than a straight up PS3 game. It in no way takes away from the game though, but I'm not a graphic whore like alot of people are.

Sound (Gameplay): Sound effects were great and the Voice acting was decent.

Sound (Music): Nothing really stood out to me and honestly I don't remember really ever hearing it.

Wow Factor: The only WOW factor there is, was "WOW THIS game DOESN'T SUCK!!!!!!"

Replay Value: Unless you play through it again with a friend, there really isn't any replay value. I played on easy first to get the collectibles and get Hal maxed out, then used chapter select to blow through the game on "Hard" to finish the trophies and get the Plat.

Multiplayer Experience: There is only off-line Co-op, and it's pretty fun playing with a partner.

Rent or Buy this Game? I bought this game, but if I was recommending it to someone I would tell them to RENT instead of Buying it. It's a short game, and you can get the Plat on one play through.

Final Thoughts

I rated the game a 7, it is by far not perfect, and the linear gameplay kind of sucked and got boring.The story was kind of boring but the gameplay is where this game shines. It is what drove me to finish it because I wanted to keep getting enough points to buy a new construct, and kick some ass with it. My favorite construct was the rocket punch....It could make short work of any enemy and was fun watching it take place on screen.

It did a good job of portraying the Green Lantern, and how powerful they can become when they use the ring and "Will" energy to make whatever constructs they can imagine. (even though the game has them already set),

It would of been awesome if there was a "Construct Creator/editor" to give it a more personal feeling.

Edited by PrimalCarnage