XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters Trophy Guide and Road Map

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Trophy Guide

Overview:
-Estimated trophy difficulty: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gre...ty-rating.html 2/10 is my personal opinion
-Offline: All 41 (1, 4, 9, 27)
-Online: None
-Approximate time to Platinum: 8-12 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + some grinding via chapter select
-Number of missable trophies: None
-Glitched trophies: None
-Do cheat codes disable trophies: No
-Does difficulty affect trophies: Yes

Introduction
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters is a movie based game which can put people off instantly but it is not that bad, I mean it's not the best movie based game ever but certainly not the worst and it is easy enough and it should take you just a single playthrough plus some grinding after.

Step1: Playthrough on Emerald Knight Difficulty

First off you want to start the game on Emerald Knight Difficulty which is still very very easy, the only problem you might get is with the bosses at the end of the mission but they are doable once you work out the correct method for each boss. Another easy way of doing it is to activate a 2nd player and then when/if you die you just run around with player 2 for 10 second till player 1 respawns therefore making the bosses very easy.

If you take your time during this playthrough and search around you should find both sets of collectibles which are the blue meteorites (5 Total) and the green meteorites (9 Total) they are very easy to find as a whole but if you are having any problems finding them here is a link with all the locations.http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gre...ble-guide.html Thanks to kael7 for the thorough guide.
If you miss one during your first playthrough you can just go to Mission Select and collect the one that is needed, it will save after you collect it so you can quit straight out after if you want.

Step 2: Clean Up
This is where you need to use mission select. If you missed any of the blue/green meteorites go to the mission you missed (You can see on mission select where you're missing meteorites from)

Once that's done I would suggest grinding out energy for purchasing all the upgrades. After my first playthrough I had already got the trophies Might Makes Right,Full Burn and Willpower but I still needed to grind 110,000 energy. I did this by replaying the last level over and over again on POOZER difficulty as you can grind out 14,000 energy in about 10 minutes.

This is also where you should work on any construct kills you have not got yet all you need to do is allocate the construct to a button and then just keep using it till you have the required amount of kills; 10 or 20.

For anyone experiencing Mission Select Problems
It also appears people are having trouble if they choose mission select before completing the story. For this I would suggest doing the story first and going back to mission select as that is how I did it and had no issues what so ever; but in case you do here is a link http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gre...anomalies.html for you to look at if you are experiencing any problems

Once all this is done you should have a nice shiny Platinum Trophy

Last edited by Scottyb6546; 07-03-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: editorial sweep
Scottyb6546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5

STORY RELATED TROPHIES

Fear This!
Collect all trophies.
As with all Platinums collect all other trophies and this will be yours.

Invasion
Clear Mission 1.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 1 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Diversion
Clear Mission 2.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 2 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Central Battery
Clear Mission 3.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 3 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Distress Call
Clear Mission 4.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 4 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Possession
Clear Mission 5.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 5 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Corruption
Clear Mission 6.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 6 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Biot
Clear Mission 7.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 7 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Hot Pursuit
Clear Mission 8.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 8 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Ultimate Weapon
Clear Mission 9.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 9 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Return to Oa
Clear Mission 10.

‘Story Related Cannot Be Missed’ - Very Simple just complete mission 10 and after the Boss the Trophy will pop.

Synergy
Clear a mission in Co-op.

This is a very simple trophy just play through a mission from start to finish in co-op and the trophy will pop once you finish the boss of the level. (Won't work if player 2 joins in part way through)

Emerald Warrior
Complete the game on Poozer of Enforcer difficulty.

See Emerald Knight

Emerald Knight
Clear all missions on Emerald Knight difficulty.

This playthrough is very easy and the difficulties are stackable. If you have any trouble completing a level you could always find a friend and play Co-op or if not then you can just activate the 2nd controller (Leaving player 2 idle) and then if you die just run around for 10 seconds as Player 2 until player 1 respawns. This way you will sail through the game (I would only use this as a last resort as this difficulty is simple.)

Last edited by tuffmuff; 06-26-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: editorial sweep
Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

CONSTRUCT KILLS TROPHIES

Master Blaster
Defeat 10 enemies with Ring Blaster.

This is unlocked during the story (Chapter 1) once unlocked just simply kill 10 enemies with it.

Blunt Justice
Defeat 10 enemies with War Hammer.

This is unlocked during the story (Chapter 1) once unlocked just simply kill 10 enemies with it.

Demolitionist
Defeat 10 enemies with Hover Mines.

This is unlocked during the story (Chapter 3) once unlocked just simply kill 10 enemies with it.

Favorite Pastime
Defeat 10 enemies with Baseball Bat.

This is unlocked during the story (Chapter 4) once unlocked just simply kill 10 enemies with it.

All in the Wrist
Defeat 10 enemies with Blade Whip.

The Blade Whip must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 10 enemies.

Locked and Loaded
Defeat 10 enemies with Gatling Gun.

The Gatling Gun must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 10 enemies.

Lights Out
Defeat 10 enemies with Piston Blitz.

The Piston Blitz must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 10 enemies.

Fan Favorite
Defeat 10 enemies with Rocket Punch.

The Rocket Punch must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 10 enemies.

Targets Acquired
Defeat 20 enemies with Missile Pack.

The Missile Pack must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 20 enemies.

Big Beat Down
Defeat 20 enemies with Mech Suit.

The Mech Suit must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 20 enemies.

Around the World
Defeat 20 enemies with Mace Storm.

The Mace Storm must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 20 enemies.

Hal Knows Jets
Defeat 20 enemies with Jet Fighter.

The Jet Fighter must be purchased. Once purchased simply defeat 20 enemies.

Beware My Power!
Use Ring Surge 10 times.

Ring surge builds up by attacking enemies. Once your surge bar is full (top left hand corner) press + to activate it. Once activated on the tenth time the trophy will pop.

What Goes Up…
Launch 20 enemies.

This is done by simply launching 20 enemies into the air. The best way to do that is to either use the war hammer or by stomping with the mech suit.

Last edited by tuffmuff; 06-26-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: editorial sweep
Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

UPGRADE TROPHIES

Might Makes Right
Purchase all Attack upgrades.

There are 4 attack upgrades but some have more than 1 level
Buzz Saw - 1 level
Grab Slam - 1 level
Fast Attacks - 4 levels
Strong Attack - 4 levels

Full Burn
Purchase all Ring Surge upgrades.

There are 4 ring surge upgrades each with 2 levels
Willpower
Stamina
Warrior
Guardian

Complete Control
Purchase all Ring Power upgrades.

There are 4 Ring Powers but some have more than 1 level
Reserve - 2 levels
Enforcer - 2 levels
Proficiency - 2 levels
Lantern's Light - 1 level

Willpower
Purchase all Construct upgrades.

There are 8 constructs you can purchase
Mace Storm
Blade Whip
Gatling Gun
Rocket Punch
Missile Pack
Mech Suit
Piston Blitz
Jet Fighter

Big Spender
Purchase all upgrades.

There are 4 categories needed to unlock this
Attacks (Total Cost: $84,000)
Ring Surge (Total Cost: $160,000)
Ring Power (Total Cost: $250,000)
Constructs (Total Cost: $171,000)

Meaning the total amount needed is $665,000

Last edited by Scottyb6546; 06-25-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Miscellaneous Trophies

Just Getting Started
Perform a 20 hit combo.

See Shut Your Mouth

On a Roll
Perform a 50 hit combo.

See Shut Your Mouth

Shut Your Mouth
Perform a 99 hit combo.

This is quite simple all you need to do is activate Ring Surge (+) during a boss fight then spam the gatling gun (No specific button due to you having to allocate it yourself)

Get Dizzy Yall
Make Green Lantern dizzy 10 times.

This is simple just spin round till Hal gets dizzy. Rinse and repeat ten times

Rank Up
Gain experience level 5.

see Not a Poozer

Not a Poozer
Gain experience level 10.

This is simple and you should have this by about mission 9. (I got it during mission 8) Just make sure to hit all jars you see and kill all enemies.

There is Hope
Collect all 5 Blue Meteorites.

Very simple collect all 5 blue meteorites(Guide here - http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gre...ble-guide.html)

Mogo is Proud
Collect all 9 Green Meteorites.

Very simple collect all 9 green meteorites(Guide here - http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gre...ble-guide.html)

Or here is a video for both Blue and Green Meteorites

Credit to Jaycee_88 for making the video

Last edited by Scottyb6546; 07-03-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi, I'm just wondering for the Synergy trophy can I use a fightpad as the second controller as I have one on order for SFIV and MvC3 and do not have a second controller.
The13thArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Nice guide so far. Try doing the trophy descriptions like this for they're more cleaner this way. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb6546 View Post

Emerald Knight
This playthrough is very easy and the difficulties are stackable. If you have any trouble completing a level you could always find a friend and play Co-op or if not then you can just activate the 2nd controller (Leaving player 2 idle) and then if you die just run around for 10 seconds as Player 2 until player 1 respawns. This way you will sail through the game.(I would only use this as a last resort as this difficulty is simple)
Emerald Knight

This playthrough is very easy and the difficulties are stackable. If you have any trouble completing a level you could always find a friend and play Co-op or if not then you can just activate the 2nd controller (Leaving player 2 idle) and then if you die just run around for 10 seconds as Player 2 until player 1 respawns. This way you will sail through the game.(I would only use this as a last resort as this difficulty is simple)
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenarutoshippuden View Post
Nice guide so far. Try doing the trophy descriptions like this for they're more cleaner this way. For example:

Emerald Knight

This is my 1st guide so thanks for the tip
Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thArtifact View Post
Hi, I'm just wondering for the Synergy trophy can I use a fightpad as the second controller as I have one on order for SFIV and MvC3 and do not have a second controller.
I cannot confirm or deny this but pretty sure you will be able to
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb6546 View Post
I cannot confirm or deny this but pretty sure you will be able to
OK thanks for the info I will try when it arrives in a couple of days.
The13thArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote