noisy drums

stews25

i have the stock drum kit and when my girlfriend is in bed i keep waking her up with the tapping on the pads even though im downstairs with all the doors shut , is there anything i can get to soften the noise , i already have pad covers , these are only 3mm thick and do nothing

i used to watch Mystakin on youtube and he always used to use socks that he rubberbanded to each pad. i tried the same thing, and it works a lot, as long as you dont hulk smash the drums every time. you just use 2 rubber bands to each pad, and get the sock and stretch it vertically over the top of the pad. it wont cover the left and right sides, but you usually dont have to worry about them unless you have bad hand-eye coordination and cant hit the middle.

see 1st reply: which turns down noise pretty much

but these might be 1 other prob: Vibration

when hitting pad the whole kit is on vibration and this might go through the floor and walls and this can be noticed as loud "bouncing" in every room

so u might want to put something on the floor which absorbs vibration most effective and put ur kit onto it.

see 1st reply: which turns down noise pretty much

but these might be 1 other prob: Vibration

when hitting pad the whole kit is on vibration and this might go through the floor and walls and this can be noticed as loud "bouncing" in every room

so u might want to put something on the floor which absorbs vibration most effective and put ur kit onto it.

mine is on a carpet so i dont notice it, yeah i forgot to mention that.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...