Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

SMVENOM

boosting1.png 

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

Won't Make it for Dinner - This trophy should only take about four hours to get; the songs are about three hours long altogether, and once you factor in how much time would be spent navigating the menus, it would take, at the most, another hour.

Now, my question to anybody reading this, is who would be willing to sit on their ass for four hours to help me get this? This trophy requires a four-man band (thank God they're not including harmonies for it), and although I have three other people, I'm sure they won't help me get it. If you're seriously thinking about doing this, you have a good online connection, and you're not one of those douchebags you get into a match with who leave just to piss others off, you're welcome to help out.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be picking up day one. I play guitars and have a buddie who is 100% willing to sing through it.

Need second guitar and drummer.

If you guys are interested, send me a frien request mentioning what it is for, and what instrument you you will be playing.

After I have a 4 player band assembled, we will work out the best time to do it with all 4 people.

Thanks

I imagine you can do this in multiple sittings over a fairly long period of time whenever you have some friends over. Just record the time on the ps3 when you turn it off. then next time you boot up the game make sure before you do to set your ps3 clock like a minute or 2 later from when you turned it off the first time. This should be sufficient to fool the game I imagine. Anyone who tests this theory let me know.

Catscan, I just wanted to go ahead and ask it so I'd be prepared on day 1.

Alright, we seem to have a problem. I've been contacted already by somebody that said they can play any instrument on Expert, but prefer the drums: that would make myself, Razorhoof, and the other user, the three that would like to play the drums, lol. I would opt to sing (although I must warn you, I'm terrible, but I can't play guitar or bass on Expert for some of the later songs), but then that would come in conflict with your idea, Blood_Runs_Cold. So, for sure, we would be able to do this, we just have to figure out what everybody can play, and what they're willing to play.

Me

Drums - Expert, then Hard on the harder songs. This is the instrument I prefer to play, but I'll try something else if anybody else wants me to do that.

Vocals - I know all but three of the songs by heart pretty much (Jaded, Geek Stink Breath, and Nice Guys Finish Last), and I seem to have sucked it up on Expert when singing Boulevard of Broken Dreams, which is literally one of the easiest songs in the game (I've read). I will opt to this if need be.

Guitar - Expert, then Hard on the harder songs.

Bass - Expert, then Hard on the harder songs.

Then, the other user (who I will send you guys the name of after I've added you as friends), said he can play every instrument on Expert, but prefers the drums.

So, you guys tell me where you're at on all of this, and we'll work something out.

I am expert on everything. Drums guitar vocals and bass are the order in which I favorite each instrument. I am looki to make an all exert band to get this trophy as I hate failing songs and playing low difficulties. I do not mean to offend anyone as I too use to play on lower difficuties. Add me if you are up for this on day one.

I am expert on everything. Drums guitar vocals and bass are the order in which I favorite each instrument. I am looki to make an all exert band to get this trophy as I hate failing songs and playing low difficulties. I do not mean to offend anyone as I too use to play on lower difficuties. Add me if you are up for this on day one.

oK, as of right now:

Me: Guitar/bass

razor: Drums

Venom: Singing

You: guitar/bass

Pick one, and we have our expert band!

Edit: if venom isn't up to playing vocals on expert, I have a friend who is a platinum singer. Not sure if he will be getting this day 1 though.

I would prefer to play on expert, but lower difficulties don't bother me.

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

I'll be up for it, Blood. I may, though, have to drop down to Hard on only a select few songs I don't know. What's everybody's timezones? I live in the Central time zone, so I'll be picking the game up from GameStop (hopefully) around 5PM CST.

EDIT: lol, I prefer not to sing as well Razorhoof, but if you really want to play drums, then no worries. If you can play every song on Expert, then you're already much more better than me, haha! Besides... singing "Jesus of Surburbia" is going to be epic!

Edited by SMVENOM

Alright, at least we have all the times worked out. The day after release is fine with me, as well. At least that'll give us all the time to see what we're up against (even though, I'm sure you guys will have no problems, lol).

But now, we may have a BIG problem.

I can play anytime of the day. For right now, I'm going to assume you can too, gamer. Blood, I think you're telling me that you could get on after 4:30 your time, but then Razorhoof has to work nights. Now, if Razorhoof doesn't have to leave for a little bit after 5:30, we COULD always divide this up in an over-the-course-of-time, playthrough.

That's where the previously mentioned BIG problem comes in.

I'm leaving next Friday (so, the 11th), and I won't be back until (I think) the 18th. That'd be out of the question to ask you guys to wait up for me, lol. So, now is where the real problem solving begins.

Edited by SMVENOM

From what I understand, is Razorhoof has to work the release night, but not the day after.

Alittle conformation?

If that's the case, then wed. the 9th will still work.

I work till 4pm weekdays, so any time after 4:30 my time, I can do it up.

If razor does have to work every night, we'll have to set it up on a day he is off, hopefully before venom will be leaving.

Wednesday, if nobody was busy, would be the perfect day. Thursday, I'll probably be packing at night, in case we had the playthrough run into Thursday morning/afternoon. I'm sure that won't happen, but crazy things pop up.

If Green Day has a no-fail mode just like The Beatles has, then surely you can just turn on no-fail mode and then play by youself until you reach the credits?

Unlike Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2 disables trophies whenever No-Fail mode is activated (don't know about The Beatles, though).

Damn guys, I can't do it Saturday on account of I won't be here, lol. We could always play over Wednesday and Thursday, right? I doubt my chances of finding replacements are very high :(

i can do this on tuesday and thursday all day those days but other than that i work from 3pm to 1am. i suggest tuesday we try to nail it as i have read it takes about 4-5 hours to finish it according to the lengths of the songs. if not we can try forming multiple groups as i have a few other friends getting this and also more people in this forum are bound to show.

Edited by @gamer777

Unlike Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2 disables trophies whenever No-Fail mode is activated (don't know about The Beatles, though).

Damn guys, I can't do it Saturday on account of I won't be here, lol. We could always play over Wednesday and Thursday, right? I doubt my chances of finding replacements are very high :(

Trophies aren't disabled on The Beatles if you turn on No-Fail mode - in fact, it's quite a useful thing to do when going for the 100% solo trophies, which worked for me. I had No-Fail on throughout the entire game, and I still got all the trophies I was aiming for.

• Viper unpinned and locked this topic