-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 15-20 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

-Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes

Introduction

Greed Corp is a turn-based strategy game, based on a hexagonal playing field, with you pitted against 2-4 other players. The goal is to dominate other players' land. There is a campaign mode, with 24 levels; and there is a battle mode, against computer or online players.

ROADMAP

STEP 1 - Campaign

You must play the tutorial, otherwise you won't understand the game. Campaign mode is split into 4 factions, and you control each of the 4 factions for 6 levels each.

Tips on strategy

This is not an easy game. The tutorials will teach you how to play, but not how to win. This game is definitely like chess - easy to learn, hard to master. You can play 20 minutes and feel you're winning, and then the AI makes a move that destroys you.

1. It might seem like a good idea to have a whole bunch of walkers on one tile, but the AI will generally shoot at them to reduce the numbers down by 5. One way of making their attack less efficient is to spread out your walkers, but you should still have 16 walkers on important tiles, generally ones with an armory/cannon.

2. The AI creates carriers early on, and that's one of the best ways to capture your tiles. You have two choices: (a) do the same; or (B) build a cannon. The AI will send carriers to your high-up tiles, then build a harvester on it to destroy neighbouring tiles. This is a strategy that the AI always uses, so you either do the same in return or you make sure you have 16 walkers on the highest ground. If you can keep their numbers down on all their tiles (e.g. by shooting them with the cannon), they will never be able to capture any of your tiles with 16 walkers on it.

3. So, what to fire at with your cannon? Tiles that have an armory on are worth shooting at; after that, tiles that have 16 walkers on them. I've ignored tiles with cannons on them in the past, and yes the AI will fire at you on occasion, but it's never been as aggressive with the cannon as it has with carriers. The cannon can fire up to 5 tiles away. If they have a cannon first, it's wise to build your cannon so neither of your cannons can fire at each other.

4. At the start of a battle, it can be hard to know whether to build an armory first or 2 harvesters. With walkers, you stand no chance of capturing enemy tiles. Without money, you can't build much. The extra round you spend by building harvesters means the AI has 5 more walkers than you. But within 2 rounds it's all even, but you have the negative aspect of losing land near you.

5. If you want a ton of money, make sure you build harvesters on very high land. If you just want "enough money", build it on a level 2 or 3 land. Also only build harvesters on land that has more than 3 adjoining tiles, as you want to maximise profits - you get 2 coins for every tile that's harvested, which includes the harvester's own tile. With enough money, you can build a carrier - then fly over and capture enemy tiles.

6. In battle mode, you choose which faction you want to play as; and then you choose which map you want to play in. Choose to play against just 1 AI opponent because having more than 2 players on the board means the tiles just disappear way too fast, and it also takes forever for a game to finish if you have 3 or 4 players. Of course, you have no choice with one of the trophies which requires 1 you against 3 AI opponents.

During the Freemen campaign, you could try for (B) Lost in the Wave.

During the Pirate campaign, you could try for (B) Island of Doom.

During the Cartel campaign, you could try for (B) With Cannon, you can.

During the Empire campaign, you could try for (B) Fear of Flying.

At the end of the campaign, you will get the trophy (B) Global Warfare. This trophy will pop when you beat the very last level. I actually beat the last level during ApocalyPS3, so I replayed the last level and the trophy dinged as soon as I beat the AI - so I think it's a fair assumption that the moment of winning the last level is the trophy "trigger point".

You might even pick up (S) Moving through the Ranks, which requires you to attain 9 titles: there are 8 campaign-related titles, which you can't miss - and there are several others which can be attained quite easily (read the title descriptions in the game, as there are several titles).

STEP 2 - Mop up the rest of the trophies

The rest of the trophies will be attained by playing Battle mode. Be sure to select the right number of computer players and their skill levels. All of them require either Skilled or Expert computer players, so just choose Skilled unless you're hardcore and want a greater challenge. See the individual trophy descriptions for tips on getting those trophies.

Edited by squodge

• 2 weeks later...

TROPHY GUIDE:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/06.jpg Fear of Flying (B)

In the Empire campaign, win a match without using a carrier

Carriers are needed to fly walkers over to non-neighbouring tiles. A great way of avoiding using carriers is to use cannons to blow your opposition to smithereens. You should ideally target tiles with with an armory, particularly if it has 16 walkers on it.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/07.jpg With Cannon, you can (B)

In the Cartel campaign, fire a shell you did not buy from a cannon you did not build at the enemy you captured it from

It's useful to build a carrier so you can swoop on an armed enemy cannon from a distance. Also build a huge army of walkers to capture an armed enemy cannon, plus you'll need excess walkers to guard tiles neighbouring the captured enemy cannon.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/08.jpg Island of Doom (B)

In the Pirate campaign, destroy an enemy island of at least 3 tiles by strategically placing a harvester

This requires capturing an enemy tile, and then placing a harvester on it so that at least 3 neighbouring tiles will be destroyed by your harvester. Install a cannon, and shoot down enemy tiles so at least 3 are almost destroyed. Meanwhile, build a carrier which may well facilitate capturing an enemy tile on which to place a harvester.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/09.jpg Lost in the Wave (B)

In the Freemen campaign, destroy an enemy unit or building with a chain reaction

I got this trophy without even trying. If you shoot at an enemy tile that's already close to collapse, and there is at least 1 neighbouring tile that's also close to collapse, the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/10.jpg Global Warfare (B)

Complete the single player campaign

Story related - cannot be missed.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/11.jpg Daylight Saving (B)

Win a match without the time expiring in any turn, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose a 2-player game with 1 Skilled computer player. Choose a simple map. It is very important that you take less than 60 seconds to complete each turn. There is a timer on the top left of the screen, so you just have to keep an eye on it. It might be a good idea to play a level as normal first, and once you get comfortable with the right strategy, go back and beat it as fast as you can. It's kind of like playing Speed Chess!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/12.jpg Got it Covered (B)

Build enough armed cannons to cover all remaining tiles in the map, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose a 2-player game with 1 Skilled computer player. Choose a simple map. Before you defeat the enemy, make sure you have at least 2 armed cannons that can shoot at every remaining tile on the board. A cannon can shoot up to 5 tiles away.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/02.jpg One at a Time (S)

Win a 4-player match by fighting all enemies one at a time, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose a 4-player game with 3 Skilled computer players. Decide to go for 1 enemy, defeat them. Then go for enemy no.2, defeat them. Then go for enemy no.3, defeat them, and win. Once you start attacking one faction, do not attack any other faction until you've defeated the one you're concentrating on.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/03.jpg Financially Independent (S)

Win a match before the supporting funds go up, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose the 2-player map Morana Fields with 1 skilled AI player. Grab as much land as you can, as fast as possible. At least 30 tiles must be standing (possibly as low as 28, although not yet proven) for the supporting funds to stay at 10. Build your initial factory away from your units, but in the middle of the map. Do not build harvesters (remember, you are trying to protect the tiles). There are 64 tiles on this map, and I got away with 34 of them left. (credit goes to intvgene)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/04.jpg Use it Wisely (S)

Earn a combination of credits, tiles and carrier as an elimination bonus, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose a 4-player game with 3 Skilled computer players. Whichever faction you decide to eliminate, ensure they have built a carrier (this is shown by an icon of a rotary blade above the faction's info box in the bottom-right corner of the screen). That enemy must also have some empty tiles that they own at the time you eliminate them, i.e. tiles of their colour, but with no buildings or walkers on them.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/05.jpg Moving through the Ranks (S)

Earn 9 titles

You will gain 8 titles just by completing the Campaign. Read the title descriptions on how to unlock them - it is very easy to attain 1 extra title to get this trophy. For example, one of the titles is to play 10 online matches and be in the top 1,000 - this is very easy because you don't need to win the matches, and you will automatically be in the top 1,000 (as of 17 March 2010, as there are so few players).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/389/01.jpg Manual Override (G)

Win a 4-player match while only losing harvesters through a self-destruct and owning at least one in every turn, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players

Choose a 4-player game with 3 Skilled computer players. This is a tough trophy. The key is to self-destruct a harvester when it's on a tile that's about to collapse. If you hover the cursor over a tile, there will be a tiny circle with even tinier dots around it - each dot represents how many layers are left before the tile collapses. When it comes to building harvesters, ensure you're building one on a tile with at least 2 levels remaining, otherwise the harvester will collapse its own tile on your next turn.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing Trophy Tiles.

Here's a good tip for financially independent:

Financially Independent: Morana Fields (2-player): Grab as much land as you can as fast as possible. At least 30 tiles must be standing (possibly as low as 28? not proven) for the supporting funds to stay at 10. Build your initial factory away from your units, but in the middle of the map. Do not build harvesters (remember, you are trying to protect the tiles). There are 64 tiles on this map and I got away with 34 of them left.

I got it on the 2nd try.

source:

What maps to choose to get the achievements! - Greed Corp Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Here's a good tip for financially independent:

Financially Independent: Morana Fields (2-player): Grab as much land as you can as fast as possible. At least 30 tiles must be standing (possibly as low as 28? not proven) for the supporting funds to stay at 10. Build your initial factory away from your units, but in the middle of the map. Do not build harvesters (remember, you are trying to protect the tiles). There are 64 tiles on this map and I got away with 34 of them left.

I got it on the 2nd try.

source:

What maps to choose to get the achievements! - Greed Corp Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Thanks, I'll add your tip to my guide (with credit).

Im having a hard time with "Island of Doom". Everytime i fly over to capture an anemy tile and place a harvester the computer will build its own harvester and destroy its own tiles. Its driving me nuts. Does anyone have a map that this is best on ? and 2, 3 or 4 player ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://ps3trophyguide.com/trophy/719/11.PNG (B) Got it Covered

Build enough armed cannons to cover all remaining tiles in the map, in Battle Mode against only Skilled or Expert computer players.

Choose a 2-player game with 1 Skilled computer player. Choose a simple map. Before you defeat the enemy, make sure you have at least 2 armed cannons that can shoot at every remaining tile on the board. A cannon can shoot up to 5 tiles away.

Are there any other requirements to this trophy? I've been playing against a Skilled CPU in Mokosh Dam, and have been able to win twice now with 2 loaded cannons that can target every other remaining tile on the map (including the other cannon's tile), but the trophy never popped up.

I've always been winning by destroying the enemy's last tile with a cannon, even though I always make sure to have at least one ball remaining - but maybe that invalidates it somehow?

• 2 months later...
Are there any other requirements to this trophy? I've been playing against a Skilled CPU in Mokosh Dam, and have been able to win twice now with 2 loaded cannons that can target every other remaining tile on the map (including the other cannon's tile), but the trophy never popped up.

I've always been winning by destroying the enemy's last tile with a cannon, even though I always make sure to have at least one ball remaining - but maybe that invalidates it somehow?

This one threw me a bit as well. It's not necessary to win the match. You can get the trophy quite early on. If you play Mokosh Dam, all you need to do is put a loaded cannon on the right of the map, and another one on the center tile. That should be enough to cover all the tiles. The trophy will then immediately pop, long before you win or lose the match.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...