Vita or Ps4

Theruggedwarrior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've only played this on Vita and I can say that it was one of the best games on Vita. It is one of the few games that really utilized the Vita's unique controls in a meaningful and fun way without seeming unnecessary(like many other games). It is a lot of fun on Vita and is well worth playing there. Again, I can't speak for PS4 version, but thought that it was great on Vita.

The tilt controls on the vita were fucking horrendous, and the game was a complete slog because of it.

Do yourself a favour and don't touch the vita version - PS4 all the way if you really feel the need to play it (unless they've done something evil like make it a six axis or touch pad controlled game - in which case, throw a rock and play the one it hits).

So are the tilt controls gone? I felt like a fish out of water flopping around on the vita. It was still fun but got pretty frustrating. I'm real close to double dipping on this and wanna make sure it's smoother with ps4.

Yeah. Well, they're in the game, but you can completley turn them off. I haven't played it on Vita, but it's great on PS4.

So are the tilt controls gone? I felt like a fish out of water flopping around on the vita. It was still fun but got pretty frustrating. I'm real close to double dipping on this and wanna make sure it's smoother with ps4.

Not completely gone, but they are completely optional. You can still use the motion controls to fine tune your aiming, this can be disabled completely if you want, sensitivity can be changed too. And you can swipe the touch pad to dodge, but you can use R2 and the left stick if you prefer. And no nonsense while gravity sliding (not sure if you can tilt to control that, didn't try at all)

Double dip, it's perfect on PS4. All the frustrating stuff about the original, is no longer so on PS4. Even the hardest race challenge in one of the DLC missions (the race in the fire area) only took me two tries. And I got it by a good 15 seconds, while I only won on Vita with very, very, very few seconds (if that) left.

Plus it's beautiful on PS4.

• 1 month later...

Finally got done with the PS4 version and I would recommend the Vita version over it.

Don't get me wrong, the PS4 version is awesome and plays wonderfully, but it is really easy compared to the Vita version. I really liked how the Vita version utilized the Vita's capabilities: gyro controls, the touchscreen, and the back touchscreen. It's still the best game on the Vita in this respect... LBPV is a close runner-up.

The PS4 version simplified Gravity Sliding, which is both good and bad. They should've redone the challenges to make them a bit harder because of the ease of Sliding now. I was beating challenges with 10 seconds before the Gold time! Or I was vastly overleveled...

Or play both versions; this game is worth it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not completely gone, but they are completely optional. You can still use the motion controls to fine tune your aiming, this can be disabled completely if you want, sensitivity can be changed too. And you can swipe the touch pad to dodge, but you can use R2 and the left stick if you prefer. And no nonsense while gravity sliding (not sure if you can tilt to control that, didn't try at all)

Double dip, it's perfect on PS4. All the frustrating stuff about the original, is no longer so on PS4. Even the hardest race challenge in one of the DLC missions (the race in the fire area) only took me two tries. And I got it by a good 15 seconds, while I only won on Vita with very, very, very few seconds (if that) left.

Plus it's beautiful on PS4.

this post made me double dip, I struggled with that race on the vita

• 4 months later...
The tilt controls on the vita were fucking horrendous, and the game was a complete slog because of it.

Do yourself a favour and don't touch the vita version - PS4 all the way if you really feel the need to play it (unless they've done something evil like make it a six axis or touch pad controlled game - in which case, throw a rock and play the one it hits).

Ignore this post. I hate to break it to you but you could solely rely on the thumbsticks instead of tilt controls, you can disable tilt controls completely.

Not only that, but if you're playing the game right, you're using the right thumbstick to make big shifts in the camera angles, and then using the tilt to really narrow down on the precise point you want to land on. If you're playing like a pro you're using the thumbstick 80% of the time, and the tilt control 10% of the time to achieve 100% accuracy in your landings

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I got my plat on Vita and very struggling for the challenges that required

you to use the gravity slides. I even saw some good trophy hunters can't

plat the game on vita because of the challanges trophy ...

Now that I know the PS4 version is mch easier, I'm going to 100% it.

I only plat it on Vita coz i didn't buy the DLC :p

Edited by nguknguk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...