Possible Glitch Solution

ENAYSOFT

Ok, I've only just started the challenges but I think I might have discovered what the glitch is and how it is caused.

I started a challenge, and replayed it several times until I got gold (one of the races), then I got gold on my second challenge and the trophy for getting the gold "Gold Medalist" popped up. Now I looked at the list to see what the trophy is, and that was when I first realised that perhaps there had been a glitch. Now I checked the trophy guide here and discovered that there is indeed a glitch with all the gold trophies not popping.

But this means that right from the start my save is potentially glitched. But I think I know what might have happened.

For whatever reason my first gold didn't pop, and what I did was keep playing the same stage over and over, I got bronze, then silver and then finally gold. But I suspect the fact that I kept clicking "continue" was maybe the problem. Not only that, I kept pausing the stage, putting the Vita into standby.

So I personally think that each time you get a new rank on a particular stage, you should IMMEDIATELY leave the challenge, so your Vita saves, and then go back in and try for the gold. If you get gold on your first go then great. But I think if you get silver, keep playing and then get gold, that it only saves the silver in that particular challenge. So right now I have 2 golds but only 1 saved. This probably gives some hope for people who still have glitched data. What I am going to do on my save if keep playing and get all the golds, if the trophy pops then great, but if it doesn't I am going to try the first challenge I got gold on and try a few things (Of course no way of knowing whether another challenge or not, but hey, worth a try)

So when I complete the game and if it glitches I will go back to my first challenge. And firstly

2) Complete the challenge with any ranking

3) Get another gold ranking

No 1 will be to get a another gold on any challenge that I found easy. See if the trophy pops

Anyone who has a glitched file should try the following.

1) Get a gold on any challenge beating your the previous challenge score, alerting the game once again that you have all golds

2) Go through all the challenges one by one and just ranking in a time at all, refreshing the gold you have on every stage.

3) Sadly, making a list of all challenges and going or gold on them again, one by one until you find the gold that glitched on you.

If anyone who has a glitched file and has a recollection of repeatedly trying the same challenge over and over again without quitting back to the main menu should post if that happened to them.

It might also be recommended for any person about to start these challenges to make sure they don't use the "Continue" option at all, and to make sure they don't pause, upgrade abilities, power down the Vita when you have ANy challenge under way.

Hope this helps.

I will post back later in a few weeks and let you know what happens to my save.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, good news and bad news.

Good news is, I just got my plat, my save wasn't glitched. Bad news of course is that no further on to uncovering what the glitch is.

If it made any different, I got 100% on all the DLC before getting gold on all the regular challenges, and doing so meant Kat's max was even more powered up than normal and I didn't find any of the challenges all that hard after a couple of tries on each.

• 4 weeks later...
If it made any different, I got 100% on all the DLC before getting gold on all the regular challenges, and doing so meant Kat's max was even more powered up than normal and I didn't find any of the challenges all that hard after a couple of tries on each.
Thanks for investigating the glitch. I'll try your method of exiting the challenges each time a higher medal is achieved instead of using the "continue" option. I also like the idea of completing the DLC challenges before attempting the main ones - just to get a lil' more powerful.

Has anyone tried creating separate save files to see if the completion order of the challenges really matters? As a backup I'm keeping my complete story in save slot 1, but I attempted 2 challenges already and received a bronze, so it isn't completely clean.

First go around I'll attempt to complete the 20 challenges in backwards order according to the game, that seems to be the safest route.