rift plane health race spy DLC help

crimsonsoulz

Got it with a great time if 3.29, but i've lost a lot of time falling of the stage at the last part :D

A few Tips how i made it

At the start: Slide and then tilt to jump. then use gravity kicks for the first goal when u hit the ground Kat will bounce up, so you can aim for the next goal.

When you time this right you can go through the first goals very fast

When at the tree, goal 5 or 6, I used falling by pushing X.

When at the "tunnel" gravity slide, don't move left/right too much, not that hard.

In the open area speed shift through the room then slide through the two goals

When in the Fire Tunnel again speed shift holding X and when u hit the goal hit R to stop falling and aim for the next goal.

In the next open area just speed shift holding X and aim for the goals, be fast and you dont get hit by the projectiles

And last for the end part where you could slide on the wood, but I still used speed falling.

Hope this helps someone, but it will still be a pain in the ...

I think it's just a matter of practice. It took me almost two hours to get the gold. I finished at 3:22. I noticed once I got the hang of the gravity slide and knew which way direction to turn inside the pipe, I shaved a bunch of time off.

Also, don't bother jumping over the lava pools in the pipe. It takes too much time. Just go through them and try to not to take too much damage from enemies.

of course I got gold after posting, thanks anway, yeah it's about practice. Using gravity kicks helps quite a bit since it makes Kat bounce off whatever she hits thus making it faster to continue on. The last 4-5 checkpoints is where I had the most trouble on the final bridge kept on homing into enemies.

Just this stupid fking challenge makes me want to fking chuck this game out the window... I alway die to the stupid nevi or I get a time of like 4 mins. I try to do the speed dive thing, but the speed dive thing always goes straight and I head straight for the fire. And 95% of the time i miss the target and I have to run bak to get the checkpoint. Holy shiet y can't they just make the challenges in the DLC as easy as the ones in the main game...

• Like 1

The best I can manage is 3:41. I have been trying for a while now but the lack of a restart option and the long load times are making this a stuggle. I lose my bearings in the pipe and I think this is where I am losing most of my time. This and the bit at the end on the wooden ramp, very frustrating!! Grr:mad:

It's been said already, but mastering the gravity slide for the pipe and the wooden bridge at the end are very helpful. Those two adjustments (plus a bit of luck, I'm sure) made the difference for me.

Also, the only time I used the gravity kick was when the targets were on those wooden signs. If they're on the ground, I found it better to use X to quick fall and then press R a bit before I landed so Kat's momentum carried her into the target, but I was ready to aim for the next one. I found the quick fall better to use because you can steer a bit better using it versus the gravity kick, plus the gravity kick tends to home in on enemies.

I think there are multiple ways to complete this, depending on how you play.

Unlike the other posts here, I did not use gravity slide at all, and finished in 3:20. I found the gravity kick to be invaluable as it breaks the wooden platforms, which automatically activates the checkpoint even if you are just off the target. It also pops you back up into hover and ready to aim for the next mark.

My walkthrough;

For the first part, just fly straight, you should be able to do checkpoints 1 and 2 skimming the ground, without stopping. Go over the ledge, and touch the next point, then fly straight to the tree (using x is optional).

You now need to go to the first wooden platform checkpoint. Use gravity kick, break the platform, then you should be facing the mark at the base of the dinosaur nevi. Use x or square, hit that point and then fly across to the other side of the rock. Try to clip this on the fly, and then go straight into the lava pipe.

Land at the first mark, get your bearings, then aim straight for the next mark, fly through the lava, and use x as this one is a long way off. Land at this mark, and again get your bearings for the next which is again through a long lava pipe. Try to land right on this mark, as the next is very close and if you miss, you likely have to turn 180 degrees as you will overshoot.

The next mark should bring you out of the tunnel, and facing a floating bridge.

Your time here should be around 1:20. If so, you are on track.

THe next three points bring you across the bridge, just use the hover fly, and be ready to turn left at the 3rd mark. As soon as you are clear from the bridge, hit square and try to avoid the nevi. If you hit any part of the large wooden structure blocking the pipe, you will activate the mark. Avoiding the nevi is most important.

The next marks are all in lava tunnels, and are all on wooden platforms. I would strongly advise using gravity kick (square) to activate these. If you miss the mark but hit the platform, you will still activate the checkpoint. When you hit the wooden platform this way you pop back into hover, and most times are pointed towards the next mark, so hit square again right away.

Again, you can adjust your aim while kicking towards the next mark, and you don't have to be exact, just hit each platform. I believe there are 6 marks on platforms, gravity kick to each. From the last one, you again are faced with a wooden structure blocking the pipe exit. Hit it anywhere, to break it and activate the mark.

Your time now should be around 2:20. If so, you are still well on track.

You now have 4 marks on large open areas, with the last 2 being above and to the right. These are tricky as you can get caught beneath the platforms if you miss your aim. Try to aim high then skim across. From the 4th mark, you will have to go to the long dock like wooden platform that corkscrews through the lava.

You can try to gravity slide, but I always fell off the edge, losing tons of time. I prefer to fly to each. THere is a long fall between the first and second, and you will get swarmed by fish like nevi at the second mark. If you can, hover just before activating it, do a quick turn, and aim toward the next mark by the big nevi.

You should be around 3:00 at the fish.

As you go round the corner, skim the mark, then head up towards the big nevi, try to skim the mark in front of him, then head up over the rounded hill to the last mark.

Hopefully this summary and time targets will help those who are struggling. :dance:

Without question this is the hardest challenge in the game, as it is quite long and requires a number of techniques to master it. There is little point in attempting this if your Kat isn't at or near max upgrade. It is also quite easy to die on this level as you start without any health. Do not under any circumstances try to engage the nevi in combat. You will not finish the challenge in time.

If anyone knows how to capture video on the Vita I can certainly upload a walkthrough.

Edited by diskdocx

Yay, I finally got this last night. In the end I mastered sliding through the pipe and turning In the right directions and sliding on the wooden ramp at the end using the drift to turn the sharp corner at the end.

The above guide is excellent though. :applause:

Now to wait for the next DLC.

I only kicked at the first two checkpoints. All the others I did solely with holding :cross:. Cause is it me but is flying actually faster than sliding or does it just feel that way? Was just a matter of finding the right path to avoid those annoying nevis that can expand themself.

So yeah, you don't necessarily need to master every skill. Thing is, I even lost a good 5 second by overshooting the second last checkpoint while I was 100% sure I skimmed right through it. Kind of made me pissed but thankfully I didn't make one mistake prior so was able to go back and still make it.

But heck I hate the track, I agree that it is the hardest. The fact that it's such a long track is definitely one of the reasons. And especially the last part is a part that I hate. Since I suck at drifting so didn't even bother sliding. And that big nevi at the end made me come to late by a second multiple times by hitting me.

Edited by mugiwara84

Finally got it at the 3:25 mark... the pointers on here definitely helped!! Thanks, everyone who posted tips!!

That was a PAIN!!

Now just have to wait to see what the 'Maid Pack' DLC has to offer, already finished the military one and the spy....

I love this game.. kinda sad that it's almost completely over for me, trophy-wise...

I love this game.. kinda sad that it's almost completely over for me, trophy-wise...

Felt exactly the same, and this was the first game in a long time that left me that way. Not exactly sure why, it wasn't a game that necessarily stood out in any particular way, but it left me wanting more.

Usually by the time I get the platinum I am done and ready to move on. (often times, before I reach that point....:p)

I still have the Maid and Military DLC as I didn't preorder.

Is th Maid pack out today, or next week :think:

Yeah I probably would have gotten about 3:18 if Kat didn't spaz out on me at the last checkpoint and cost me an extra 4 seconds to get back to it.

It's not that hard once you have the checkpoints down after a few hair pulling runs. I just shifted so I was falling all the time, I only bothered sliding at the very last part. Don't get too close to the navi though or Kat will go to kick them.

pretty happy i was able to get gold on this race in a few tries, Im more curious about the rankings for this race, how do people even managed 2min times. :eek:

2 min times, that's just crazy. Always surprised at how crazy some dedicated players can get. It's like those tetris videos you see of some Japs.

2 min times, that's just crazy. Always surprised at how crazy some dedicated players can get. It's like those tetris videos you see of some Japs.

im ranked 46 and got it ion 3:02. i could have made it in 2:30 or less but i wasted over 30 seconds because i missed the 2nd to last check point and went to the finish then had to back track for it. the trick is to have ur gravity kick maxed out. just use it all the way. the first 3 checkpoint can be done with 1 grapvity kick. also u can save over 30 sec in the ending if u do NOT slide. once u reach the sliding bridge in the end gravity kick to the 2nd checkpoint u will save 15 seconds that way. also gravity fly to the third one then for the last 2 check point slide.

Edited by xo7ASOONox

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to beat this challenge but I found a glitch that might be of some help. You must NOT have maxed out your health. The game automatically refills your health to full when you upgrade your health level. That means that immediately when you start the challenge, you have to press SELECT and upgrade your health - you'll have full bar of health!

Obviously, this glitch is very limited in many ways as retrying the challenge keeps your health upgraded. A workaround around this may be to shut down your PSVita so the game won't auto-save your upgraded health but the huge downside is that you'll have to start the game again and get through all the loading times to the challenge.

As such, the usefulness of this glitch is debatable but I just wanted to share my 2 cents :D

• 2 weeks later...

Definately the hardest of them all, just took 2 hours to get it, but when I got it I did it in 3:16 and even messed up twice. Mostly gravity kicked the place except the tunnels and the final bit which I slided to the end which worked better for me than kicks as I got disoriented at the fish nevi part on the final bridge doing that.

Practise definately makes perfect :)

Edited by Laventor

Man, why the hell did "All That Glitters" includes the DLC! This is fucked up :/

I´m stuck in this challenge for good

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean "All That Glitters" includes DLC challenges, it does not. In fact only platinum'd it the other day while I bought every dlc before that and this challenge was the very last trophy in the game I did. So if you did all non-dlc challenges I would double check if you got a gold medal for them all.

Not sure what you mean, but if you mean "All That Glitters" includes DLC challenges, it does not. In fact only platinum'd it the other day while I bought every dlc before that and this challenge was the very last trophy in the game I did. So if you did all non-dlc challenges I would double check if you got a gold medal for them all.

lol, true, I was missing one challenge, when I used max zoom on the third "city" I did not see one of the challenges because it got hidden outside the screen :whistle:

Got the plath and 100% in the DLCs, was not this one was not so hard after I relaxed a little and tried a few times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I think there are multiple ways to complete this, depending on how you play.

Unlike the other posts here, I did not use gravity slide at all, and finished in 3:20. I found the gravity kick to be invaluable as it breaks the wooden platforms, which automatically activates the checkpoint even if you are just off the target. It also pops you back up into hover and ready to aim for the next mark.

My walkthrough;

For the first part, just fly straight, you should be able to do checkpoints 1 and 2 skimming the ground, without stopping. Go over the ledge, and touch the next point, then fly straight to the tree (using x is optional).

You now need to go to the first wooden platform checkpoint. Use gravity kick, break the platform, then you should be facing the mark at the base of the dinosaur nevi. Use x or square, hit that point and then fly across to the other side of the rock. Try to clip this on the fly, and then go straight into the lava pipe.

Land at the first mark, get your bearings, then aim straight for the next mark, fly through the lava, and use x as this one is a long way off. Land at this mark, and again get your bearings for the next which is again through a long lava pipe. Try to land right on this mark, as the next is very close and if you miss, you likely have to turn 180 degrees as you will overshoot.

The next mark should bring you out of the tunnel, and facing a floating bridge.

Your time here should be around 1:20. If so, you are on track.

THe next three points bring you across the bridge, just use the hover fly, and be ready to turn left at the 3rd mark. As soon as you are clear from the bridge, hit square and try to avoid the nevi. If you hit any part of the large wooden structure blocking the pipe, you will activate the mark. Avoiding the nevi is most important.

The next marks are all in lava tunnels, and are all on wooden platforms. I would strongly advise using gravity kick (square) to activate these. If you miss the mark but hit the platform, you will still activate the checkpoint. When you hit the wooden platform this way you pop back into hover, and most times are pointed towards the next mark, so hit square again right away.

Again, you can adjust your aim while kicking towards the next mark, and you don't have to be exact, just hit each platform. I believe there are 6 marks on platforms, gravity kick to each. From the last one, you again are faced with a wooden structure blocking the pipe exit. Hit it anywhere, to break it and activate the mark.

Your time now should be around 2:20. If so, you are still well on track.

You now have 4 marks on large open areas, with the last 2 being above and to the right. These are tricky as you can get caught beneath the platforms if you miss your aim. Try to aim high then skim across. From the 4th mark, you will have to go to the long dock like wooden platform that corkscrews through the lava.

You can try to gravity slide, but I always fell off the edge, losing tons of time. I prefer to fly to each. THere is a long fall between the first and second, and you will get swarmed by fish like nevi at the second mark. If you can, hover just before activating it, do a quick turn, and aim toward the next mark by the big nevi.

You should be around 3:00 at the fish.

As you go round the corner, skim the mark, then head up towards the big nevi, try to skim the mark in front of him, then head up over the rounded hill to the last mark.

Hopefully this summary and time targets will help those who are struggling. :dance:

Without question this is the hardest challenge in the game, as it is quite long and requires a number of techniques to master it. There is little point in attempting this if your Kat isn't at or near max upgrade. It is also quite easy to die on this level as you start without any health. Do not under any circumstances try to engage the nevi in combat. You will not finish the challenge in time.

If anyone knows how to capture video on the Vita I can certainly upload a walkthrough.

thank you very much for the tips it's very helpful ,

finally I got this silver trophy and 100% :D

but for the roller coaster part at the end I use gravity slide+drift twice at the shape corners, for this part if use slide+drift it will take about 20 seconds with Kat maximum upgraded.

• 2 weeks later...