My main gripe with this game... *spoilers*

Madhouse Dan

I love this game, but the aerial combat is a total drag. It's just a ton of Gravity kicking, with a special attack mixed in once in a while. The segment where you're making your way up from the Arc was painfully dull. I love zipping around in this game, but I think they could've had more than a dive kick for aerial combat.

Aerial combat can be annoying at times though my only gripe with the game would have to be touch only Gravity Slide, I wouldve liked sliding around the city without having to use the touch screen and it would be more enjoyable to use imo, or maybe I just suck at using touch for Gravity Slide lol.

On the otherhand I wonder if it would even be possible to map a button for gravity slide at all.

Aerial combat can be annoying at times though my only gripe with the game would have to be touch only Gravity Slide, I wouldve liked sliding around the city without having to use the touch screen and it would be more enjoyable to use imo, or maybe I just suck at using touch for Gravity Slide lol.

On the otherhand I wonder if it would even be possible to map a button for gravity slide at all.

I'm not a fan of the tilt controls either, but the "drifting" makes it much more bearable for me. I almost never used normal turns, and instead just got in the habit of letting one thumb off so I can pivot and face which direction I want.

Had no problems with combat. It's active and I was using throw (especially after it's fully upgraded, because lifting one thing at a time is useless imo) and I was using ground kicks and jump/evade kicks a lot.

If you'd choose to gravity kick every ground enemy, I don't see how that's the fault of the game. If you choose to never throw anything, if it's there to be thrown, then again I don't see how that's the game's fault.

Would be like complaining about Bayonetta because shooting is so tedious and repetive. When that's only one part of the combat. Not the same thing I know, but it's just an example. :p

To each their own I suppose~

Combat is repetitive, travelling is tedious, and the challenges are a chore.

The art style is okay.

I found the challenges quite fun. Only a couple of them gave me any trouble, and after playing them a few times, the were simple.

Traveling around the city and finding jems was awesome..it reminded me a lot of Crackdown.

And if the game was longer, i'm sure i would of found the combat to get stale, but the game was the perfect length to keep it from that.

*Edit*

Except for maybe Uncharted, best looking handheld game.

Just my opinion, though...

My main gripe is the fucking name.

Why do perfectly SUITABLE game names have to be changed in North America?

Gravity DAZE makes perfect sense since it's about GRAVITY and the main character not being able to remember who she is.

Don't get me started on Resident Evil. Yeesh. I would have preferred Gravity Daze though. :(

Darn tooting about the slide very frustrating with all the tilting and lack of control. Maybe if you pressed l and r together you go into the slide would have worked and control with analog sticks.

I didn't get too frustrated with the combat other than the fact some enemies were stupidily tough to get into the right position to attack why could't i do some damage from hitting them anywhere and major damage for a weak point lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Well put.......the only thing I liked about the game was the art and that is all. If GR2 comes out, I for one will NOT buy it!

Totally agree, I was bored with this game before I finished the tutorial levels and it has been a grind ever since. All you do is fly around aimlessly with an occasional poorly designed combat thrown in.

Just my opinion of course but I have to say I am very disappointed with his one, worst game I have played on the vita by far and I have Ben 10!

Totally agree, I was bored with this game before I finished the tutorial levels and it has been a grind ever since. All you do is fly around aimlessly with an occasional poorly designed combat thrown in.

Just my opinion of course but I have to say I am very disappointed with his one, worst game I have played on the vita by far and I have Ben 10!

The game's art is cool BUT the rest is complete sh*t. The game is super repetitive, the missions are beyond easy, the challenges make you wanna break your vita, etc. I can't understand why people are posting on here about how "easy" which is a load of sh*t this game is as well as how awesome it is. I will say it is something different BUT that does not mean its awesome. This game is just as big of a headache as modnation and motorstorm. I saw so many 4 ratings that I figured this game would be a breeze. I got my plat but you don't see me posting about ohhhhhhhh yah pssst its so easy blah blah blah. The only reason I am hanging on to this stupid game is because I know there will be at least 1 more DLC for it and if I sell it, I will have to buy it all over again to maintain my 100%.

The game's art is cool BUT the rest is complete sh*t. The game is super repetitive, the missions are beyond easy, the challenges make you wanna break your vita, etc. I can't understand why people are posting on here about how "easy" which is a load of sh*t this game is as well as how awesome it is. I will say it is something different BUT that does not mean its awesome. This game is just as big of a headache as modnation and motorstorm. I saw so many 4 ratings that I figured this game would be a breeze. I got my plat but you don't see me posting about ohhhhhhhh yah pssst its so easy blah blah blah. The only reason I am hanging on to this stupid game is because I know there will be at least 1 more DLC for it and if I sell it, I will have to buy it all over again to maintain my 100%.

Dude you need to chill. The game wasn't hard at all. The challenges were hard if you didn't upgrade kat, or just didn't know how to play the game. Once I finished the main quest I went back with most of my skills maxed out and beat each challenge with a breeze. I didn't feel bored at all with the game, but I do feel like they could have did more with the game. So many NPC in the game, but they all were shadows in my eyes. I sometime threw people around just cause. lol. But my main "gripe" with the game was the story.. It was TOO Eastern. It was dull as hell, but I did like Kat as a character. She had the typical asian girl attitude. I felt like they could have had better plot twist. I would get GR2 if it came out, but not full price. Unless they changed the story up. The graphics were good, and the animation was smooth. Good game, not great.

The Challenges are my main gripe so far...well at least the Gold Medals are...I have collected most of the Silver Medals...but some of those Gold Medal Requirements are really kicking my ass.

If Gravity Rush 2 were to ever come out, I'd want them to fix up most of the Combat Issues that I have with the game...I can't tell you how annoying it is to try and execute a Gravity Kick only to have your enemy move just so slightly screwing up your kick and leaving you to fly aimlessly into the sky...that is really annoying...especially when you have a time limit imposed on you and your trying to beat a certain time.

I'm also not a fan of the sliding...at least for challenges...unless I'm doing something wrong, it annoys the piss out of me that you can't really make any sharp turns whilst sliding, so basically you always kind of have to stop your slide to reposition the camera...which once again, eats up precious time when going for a Gold Medal.

Those are my main gripes with the game...other then that, I am enjoying it, it's a total "7 out of 10" game, but I'm still enjoying it

I'm also not a fan of the sliding...at least for challenges...unless I'm doing something wrong, it annoys the piss out of me that you can't really make any sharp turns whilst sliding, so basically you always kind of have to stop your slide to reposition the camera...which once again, eats up precious time when going for a Gold Medal.

I think the best way to slide is:

1. hold your vita horizontal and not vertical (gyro works much better for turning, it seems)

2. when making a sharp turn, releas one of the two digits, turn, then push both digits again. This allows you to turn while being almost stationary, without having to go out of your slide animation.

But yeah, sliding challenges are very hard

I think the best way to slide is:

1. hold your vita horizontal and not vertical (gyro works much better for turning, it seems)

2. when making a sharp turn, releas one of the two digits, turn, then push both digits again. This allows you to turn while being almost stationary, without having to go out of your slide animation.

But yeah, sliding challenges are very hard

Thanks, I shall give that a try next time I attempt one :)

Let's just say I got bored with this game really fast. I loved it at first, but then it never changed, it never changed, it never changed, it never changed. Just my opinion.

The story itself isn't really doing anything for me. And I agree, the story missions are repetitive...but I must say the art style (and even the hard nature of the challenges) are the things that are keeping me at it

• 4 months later...
I love this game, but the aerial combat is a total drag. It's just a ton of Gravity kicking, with a special attack mixed in once in a while. The segment where you're making your way up from the Arc was painfully dull. I love zipping around in this game, but I think they could've had more than a dive kick for aerial combat.

Absolutely. Great concept but poorly executed as far as an action/adv game is concerned. I felt that this game might have presented better as a hybrid turn-based game.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Although I understand a lot of the gripes about this game, especially combat, but overall the concept is pretty unique.

Going back to combat, it is rather annoying that you have to use, basically, the Gravity Kick and hit a certain orange node on the back of the main bosses to kill them and evading all the red blobs hitting you is rather tough.

But, I agree that the search for the gems all over the city is kind of enjoyable, especially when you find that hidden nest of 5 - 25+ gems. That's a treat.

I like this game, but have yet to do the Challenges and the Special Bosses. Waiting until I finish the game and every move is maxed(Although, almost all of mine are at Level 18).

So far I have 12 of the 20 challenges at Gold. Some are pretty tough, example the Taxi challenge and the item throwing challenges. But, if you play it long enough and with a little luck(yes it does factor) you eventually understand where Nevi are, how to destroy them and how many times you have to cycle through an area to get the Gold.

I do like this game, just wish the timeframes for Gold weren't so blasted tight. There is nothing more frustrating that having to get 1500 points on a challenge and ending up with 1490 points. How could I have not gotten 10 more points....LOL!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...