The Inferno Secret Boss

KylarXBlint

Has anyone tried fighting this stupid thing yet? He kicked my butt 10 times already and counting. I got the evade thing down but trying to shift my self into position to gravity kick him gets difficult then that attack he does when you get close to him in irritating. Don't even get me started on all that lava in the way. I'll be relieved when I get this trophy but I must say the more I battle him, the more fired up I get!

Edited by KylarXBlint

Congrats. The issue for me is camera disorientation, as if you miss a kick, you have only as long as his arm is "stuck" to re-orient and get away. Being able to set a marker of some type in the tunnel for reference would be very helpful in those instances.

There IS some respawning life crystals beside the 3rd flower, but going to them sems to reset his health.

Had major issues with this guy earlier today as well, basically same type of issues. There's some stuff you can pick up in the area before him to throw at his front to take the armor off that spot so it'll die faster.

Persistence did it for me, must've taken 15-20 tries as well :)

I just beat him as well. It took me all day but I eventually beat him. At first I just spammed Gravity Kicks cancels on his back until I ran low on health then I used the debris laying around to finish him off. I love that they threw in an optional tough as nails boss. :D

I hover around him so he just does that burst of energy thing he does then strike... If I get hit I go get health wait in the tunnel.. Rush him make him strike a punch then hit him. hover hit rinse repeat hover hitting till he went down....

well, with the help of motion control-aiming it's possible but still hard to turn the camera fast enough... what I did, was continiously aiming to the right of him, and when going there already beginning to turn the camera... than evade and kick him to hell... repeat until death...

Or, you can just skip him, and return when you've got a higher lvl gravity kick... Cuz later on in the game, you get his as a *SPOILER* normal mob...

This guy is kicking my ass, can I come back and beat him later?

EDIT: And of course my very first attempt after posting this I defeat him.

When you beat the game and credit end will you ask, if you wish to save a Clear Save (Do it), then load it and you will be able to try this boss again with improvement you have collect, since you try him last.

I kinda didn't feel the difference between the gravity kicks as they go up. Well just the aiming got better, but strength wise, not much

Not too sure about the gravity kick, felt that it was for accuracy.. But the normal kick upgrade did change the way my gravity kick look... turned it into an orange flying kick

I stayed very close to his back and did little gravity kicks so I didn't miss much. Once I was down to about a 1/4th of a bar of health I flew out and gathered some health bubbles from up above. Then I came back and did a kick from the doorway and a few more.

He seems to do much more damage if you get far away, so staying in close and kicking fast seems to be better.

The only issue I had was that the Flower wasn't spawning any health. So I had to be super careful trying to take him out, and had only the ones on the actual map (even had to fly back a ways to heal).

As for the battle itself, I just problems with baiting him to attack. Always got way too close. :p Thus all the damage.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this last month, it took me about.....9 tries. I upgraded me gravity kick to a high level and just took my time.

I flew to him and kicked his weak spot, when he did the punch I always rushed the opposite direction, while his punch was still "stuck" I kicked his back as fast and accurate as I could, than I flew away to that tunnel where u first see him, than I rinsed and repeated until the silver trophy :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I consider this the easiest from all 3 bosses.

You can beat him easily by throwing rocks without any risk for your life.

Just go inside and force him to punch you with his back pointing the tunnel entrance, than quickly run away to the bridge.

Obviously this guy is strong, but extremely stupid, because from now on you can just throw some debris and victory in a few minutes. He never decided to turn around to protect his weak spots.

There are plenty of object to throw up on the bridge.

If you are tired going back and forth you can always kick his head a few times from above.

Now I hope the Stasis Field strategy is going to work on the 3rd flying thingy, because with Gravity Kick it is giving me a very hard time and I'm with solid upgrades.