Grand Theft Auto Online: The San Andreas Flight School Update

Kyy

Starting tomorrow, August 19th, enjoy the thrill and exhilaration of being a patriotic hero with the San Andreas Flight School Update for GTA Online. This new update will feature a collection of new air and land vehicles, aerial solo challenges, and much more. Tomorrow’s update will also introduce a host of gameplay changes to GTA Online – these include increased payouts for harder to complete missions and GTA$ bonuses for playing missions with others.

This came as a surprise, at least to me :applause:

heists will be a ps4/xb1 exclusive feature, watch.

I don't think they'd be that stupid. PS3 and X360 will remain their largest install base so pissing them off wouldn't be a good idea. I just wish the hype for heists would die down a bit honestly. People are putting it on this impossibly high pedestal thinking it's going to revolutionise the multiplayer. It's not going to, and when it fails to meet those impossibly high expectations those same people will spout nonsense about Rockstar being a shitty publisher.

I'm looking forward to this new update. A lot of the Lazer deathmatch events are dead nowadays so hopefully I'll be able to do some dogfighting tomorrow :D.

Nerfed Potshot and Coveted payouts, cut them by nearly $6,000 on each of those missions. I only tried those two. F'ing R*!!! :mad:

ETA: Looking at the patch notes I see that they say potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, but some missions have been reduced.

Obviously, I know of two that were reduced massively, I'm assuming Rooftop Rumble will be another as those three seem to be the most popular. Somehow I really doubt the the missions they did increase the payouts for will come even close to the ones they just wrecked. But whatever, gotta sell more of those Shark Cards.

Edited by IamWestHam

Nerfed Potshot and Coveted payouts, cut them by nearly $6,000 on each of those missions. I only tried those two. F'ing R*!!! :mad:

ETA: Looking at the patch notes I see that they say potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, but some missions have been reduced.

Obviously, I know of two that were reduced massively, I'm assuming Rooftop Rumble will be another as those three seem to be the most popular. Somehow I really doubt the the missions they did increase the payouts for will come even close to the ones they just wrecked. But whatever, gotta sell more of those Shark Cards.

Shark cards seem of a way to keep the free DLC coming along, hopefully the payout will be bigger with The Heists Missions for Online and SP DLC, I really hope so but I might be drawing straws.

Does anyone know if Cleaning the cat house and Rooftop rumble have been nerved?

RR has. I just did it with one other person and got $14850 and around 3475 RP. Not crazily nerfed but still less than before. If I try Cat House for you I'll edit this post.

EDIT: I just did RR with 4 people and got $14630 and 2450RP.

Edited by NintendoDSplayer

RR has. I just did it with one other person and got $14850 and around 3475 RP. Not crazily nerfed but still less than before. If I try Cat House for you I'll edit this post.

EDIT: I just did RR with 4 people and got $14630 and 2450RP.

Cash rewards are no longer reduced by 50% on replay of a Contact Mission. Players will now receive the full reward for completing a Mission every time.

Players now receive more Cash for playing Contact Missions in groups:

Two players - +10% Cash

Three players - +20% Cash

Four players - +30% Cash

Cash and RP for Contact Missions have been rebalanced. This is to ensure that all Contact Missions pay out a fair reward in relation to the mission difficulty and amount of time taken. The potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, although some specific missions have been reduced as a result of the rebalance.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202968656

So much for getting more cash with 4 people

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202968656

So much for getting more cash with 4 people

I ran over one of the other guys because he was afk, doing nothing to help us complete the mission so I murdered him twice to make him a spectator. True story :whistle:

Not sure if this'll affect how much I might have got from completing RR then. Anyone know how much cash and RP you got from Cat House? I'll compare those numbers with the numbers I get as I'll probably try the mission tonight.

I can also report that this patch has seen the return of missions that formerly required a person to hack a terminal to get into a certain room. Chemical Extraction (quite sure that's the wrong name) and Stocks and Scares are two namely. I got $15000 and I think 3100 RP from the Chemical E(?) which is quite good and before it was removed Stocks and Scares gave a very high amount of both so I'm looking forward to trying SaS out again as it's one of my favourite missions :)

Looks like I have to take back some things I said earlier about R*, they did in fact significantly increase the payouts of other missions. I just tried Crystal Clearout III and A Titan of a Job and got about $15k apiece for them on solo/hard. While both take significantly longer to complete than say Potshot, and you use a lot more ammo, the increased payout makes it now worth it, IMO.

Taking a step back and looking at it, getting $10.5k for a mission that takes less than 5 minutes and needs you to only kill 3 enemies and drive a van back to Trevor's is probably too easy. I just got so used to getting a lot of money really quickly, I'll need to adjust.

That being said, I don't agree with their decision to nerf the Coveted payout. They already made the mission a lot harder and more time consuming than the original, if they were going to reduce the payout that drastically they should've reduced the challenge. Or at the very least brought back the original container drop off point.

I completed the Flying School last night. Got them all to gold eventually and gotta say it was quite fun :) For someone who only plays GTA Online casually these days it was surprising how good it was, AND the $$$ payout was awesome! At the end I must of had over $250,000 in my pocket. Well worth the money if you play the game for fun and have the time to have a go at the Flying School.