GTA Forums?

Robaldinio

Strictly speaking, this isn't directly related to GTA but I have no other place to post it and I'm likely to find an answer here.

I just created and verified an account over at GTA Forums but I'm unable to reply to posts or create topics.

I can't find any way of contacting any mods over there (I don't have permissions to view their profiles) so I figured people here might have some insight... :think:

The "GTAForums"...... :rofl:

I wouldn't bother mate, it's full of Kids, lacks any mature form of MOD if and when they decide to make an appearance,

and you get a sense of Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians!

Unless you plan on playing GTAV for the next 5 Years and NO OTHER GAME,

you probably won't be welcome there either.

Bit Harsh??

Maybe.

there is one or two decent people there but it's hard to find them between the mass hysteria of jumped up teens.

Your better off staying with PS3T, at least people here are willing to stick around and help you in return after you've helped them! :)

lol I'm not "leaving" PS3T. I just saw some interesting stuff over there so I thought I'd see what it was like.

I'll bare your advice in mind but I'd still like to know what's up with my account. :think:

Just spotted a group on my profile, 'Awaiting Authorisation'. Am I stuck there until a random mod decides to approve me?

Edited by Labartu
merging

I wouldn't waste my time there. I have a account there, and I just quit using it. Everyone is a troll, and you can make a amazing post and 20 people will quote you saying "Go suck a dick". The mods don't care, and if anything they troll just as much. It's no doubt the shittest forum I have ever used.

But... if you're like me, and enjoy trolling. Go for it.

Guess my experience is the opposite to everyone else, I never hang around GTAF for long but I've always found it to be very informative, then again most of the time I'm on there is before the release of a new GTA. Looking at it now it does seem like there is an abundance of immature children(probably appeared once the game came out), still I'd say join up and do some digging.

They have the typical social media crap, you might be able to get a response that way

Hmm... Their help pages send you on a loop of going to the main page to see "The Moderating Team" but that's literally just an undynamic list of names as my unapproved account is unable to access any profiles.

The best thing I could find was a direct email link to contact the administrator but that came back with a temporary mail delivery failure (one of those ones where Gmail says it will retry in a day or so).

Seems like a bit of a disorganised way of managing what seems like a fairly popular forum. If things are as people in this thread say they are, I wouldn't expect a reply to my email anyways. Oh well... They do have over 500,000 members, so maybe they're just pushing their bandwidth cap or something.

Edited by Robaldinio

• 1 month later...
still I'd say join up

I take this back, I've been following it again for the past few days and it's annoying me how bad that place has become. It used to be great, but now seems to be mostly pointless threads or troll/meme replies, safe to say by people who really shouldn't be playing such a game.

I mean, I've played GTA since I was like 13, both my brothers younger than that, but I don't remember us ever being immature dicks using the anonymity of a computer to piss people off. I used to think rating guidelines were to be taken with a bag of salt but it seems the younger generations within gaming communities don't know how to behave and parents should be taking those guidelines more seriously and not letting them "run free" to do whatever they want.

Growing up I was allowed at most 2 hours a day on the computer, sure every parent is different but I thank my mum for enforcing such a limit. It meant I actually had to go outside.

I eventually got in a couple of weeks ago (tried re-registering the same name and it worked straight away). While I see what you mean about the immature side of it, I can still see a consistent vein of serious GTA players with real opinions, just like you and me.

Given the sheer size of the GTA community, there's bound to be a mixed bag of people on there (just like in the game itself) so as long as it is not taken too seriously, I can still see myself browsing the boards on occasion.

To be fair, the thing that puts me off the most is merely the unorganised nature of the forum itself. For instance, your notifications come in by the shed load but the list caps out at 50, so basically you don't get all your notifications. Normal forums (like this one), list notifications by thread without repeat, but GTAF seems to notify you about the same thread every time a new person posts in it fgs.

It's also just unappealing to me from an aesthetic point of view. I think I have chosen the older of the two available skins but both have horribly small fonts in posts and it's just generally not a fun forum to use in the most basic sense. Conversely, it probably does appeal to those who are content with useless throwaway comments here and there; it doesn't lend itself to meaty posts with any real meaning or purpose.

Shame, really.