Tips/Tricks/Methods to gain fast RP post 1.06 - Read first post!

DerbyStar

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/3017/9u9x.png

Thx to dcollins for this epic banner!

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!!!!!!!!

Looking for effective RP boosting/farming methods? Wanna get to rank 100 as fast as possible? Then you've hit the jackpot! Post patch 1.06 the Criminal records has been patched so it no longer gives us a great amount of RP. Beforehand the CR race would net you a solid couple thousands RP per race, but it is now decreased to a couple hundreds RP per race. So I will gather all the greatest methods for fast RP in this thread, in order to provide help to those who wants to make the grind towards level 100 a little less of a grind. I will update this post with great ways to gain fast RP regularly.

***As we all know Rockstar won't let us rank up fast so they've patched the bounty method with patch 1.07. That method is non exciting now since you can only place a bounty every 48th minute on the same person.

***As long as new glitches come along all the time and Rockstar is patching everything I won't be updating this until the online is more solid.

Free-aiming will now net you a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, CTF, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill. To change your aim, go to single player and then switch to free-aim. Launch online and you're good to go! Note that you can't be in the same event session as people with different aim settings. Free-aimers and assisted-aimers are seperated.

---

MISSIONS:

Rooftop Rumble:

Requirements:

Level 75

RP:

4000+ RP on hard every 7-10 minutes

You need to be at least level 75 to access this mission. Completing the mission on hard will net you 4000+ RP and it will take 3-5 minutes to complete.

The downside is that you can't replay this mission. You have to call Martin in order to start the mission but he will not always be available. You have to wait a few minutes each time.

The Parking Garage:

Requirements:

Level 55

2-4 players

RP:

3995 upon completion

Probably one of the missions with the best payout in terms of RP. Mission is fairly short and can be completed within 2 minutes, probably even less.

In the mission Potshot, you'll be able to restart the mission instantly when completed. Just mash the square button and you should be redirected to the lobby just before starting the mission. This will save you quite some time. It is not confirmed to be working with other missions as of now. Refer to the video below for more details.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-I6072-wA4]GTA 5 Online: RANK UP FAST SOLO! Replay Missions After 1.07 Patch! New Unlimited RP Glitch GTA 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Other missions worthy playing for RP:

Trash Talk - 3600 RP / 20.000 Money (Hard)

Stick Up the Sticker - 3540 RP / 12.000 money (Hard)

Defender - 3350 RP / 23.000 Money (Hard)

Chopper Tail - 2800 RP / 23.000 Money (Hard)

Dish the Dirt - 2300 RP / 7.000 money (Hard)

Extradition - 1875 RP / 10.000 Money (Hard)

NOTE: Some of these might require a certain level to play. (Thanks to ouldsayer for info)

---

Survivals:

Requirements:

Level 15 if doing it solo

RP:

2000-4000 RP (?) for each completion

Doing survivals is also one of the better ways to gain RP. Survivals are available once you recieve a call from Ron at level 15 though you can join invites before level 15. The exact amount of rp is at this point unknown to me but upon completion you will get several thousands RP. The one downside is probably the fact that it is quite time consuming.

Easiest survival to do is Boneyard. If you are doing it solo, camp between the portacabin and the red wall. There is a narrow gap where you can easily hide from enemies. If you are 4 persons then go inside the barn a have 2 camping at each entrance. Refer to the trophy guide for a more detailed guide.

---

Racing:

Requirements:

None

RP:

Depends on race time (look below)

You can do this solo. It's not as fast as some of the others but doesn't require anything either such as partners etc. After patch 1.06 you get RP based on your race time. For example you get 1290 RP for completing a race within 2:xx and 1930 RP for completing it within 3:xx. Astroflibble figured this out, credit to that guy:

"I've been trying a number of races solo to try and find the quickest way to rank up. So far, I've discovered that doing point to point races is by far the best way. RP increases with each minute it takes to finish a race. I was getting 1290RP for 2:xx races and 1930RP for 3:xx races (+100RP for a clean lap), so basically if you wait an extra second and finish in 3:00 instead of 2:59, you'll get an extra 640RP.

If you timed a race to always finish in 3:00, and then factor in the menu time of 1:10 (the point between when one race finishes and the next starts, after the countdown), then its possible to get 30k per hour (60/4.16 x 1930 (also add on 1400 if every race is clean)) using this method. Doing races in a playlist nets you an extra 100RP per race in the playlist, as this is the winners bonus, which takes the amount a little over 30k.

The track I was using for this is A Sign Of Things To Come. Its very easy to cross the line in 3:00 (a great lap would be 2:30) and using bikes you shouldn't make a mistake."

---

Parachuting is also an option if you like to vary your boosting or just enjoy them in general. One of the few things they didn't nerf with patch 1.06. They are a little time consuming (at least compared to some other methods), but overall you'll still get a decent amount of RP. Here are some examples:

Over the Globe - 1550 RP

View From Above - 1440 RP

The Cove - 1100 RP

---

Golfing will net you right about 2000 RP for completing each round solo.

Edited by DerbyStar

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post patch 1.06 the Criminal records has been patched so it no longer gives us a great amount of RP. F*ck you rockstar! Seriously. I'm stuck at level 42. I don't ever see myself getting to level 100 now with the lame and stupid little amount of RP you gain.

So... I guess it's time to find new ways to get fast RP. If there are any at all. Anyone? :(

shit that sucks, i knew there was no way after saturdays problems that i waiting any longer to finish

You get less RP and Cash from every race. 2 laps in down the drain got me 800 RP, 400 RP for 3 x Criminal Records.

I don't know what the f Rockstar are doing, earning RP is impossible now. Missions and deathmatches has also been nerfed.

Im level 92 and I am trying to get this platinum out of my way asap, but just the last 8 levels seem so far away now.

Survivals only grant you 3k RP or so, takes a sh*tload of time, missions and long races seem like the only way to go, but it still take looooong time

I hate this.

That is completely retarded. Seems like they are trying to artificially keep people playing for longer until they get their shit together to release heists.

I will say now that I will not be making a run at level 100 at 800RP/race.

Hopefully heists will net a great amount of RP. Elsewise I think I will give up on this plat :(

come on... you guys didn't see this coming? lol it was inevitable.

Well they didn't patch up until now, one and a half month after release of the online. So no, I actually thought they wouldn't patch it. Especially since they've been aware of this method of farming and theres been several patches before.

I reckon it's to early to know what the best new Gring/Farm for RP or Cash is yet.

Overall and taking into consideration everything the Patch has done,

it's a really good update. Not perfect, but a lot better than any previous.

I've already noticed new Races and Missions, and the full DLC is yet to come.

R* also say they have a lot in store for GTAO, which I believe they do.

The Heists are still to come as already mentioned.

I'm sure these will offer greater rewards than CR ever did,

Less Repeteitive Bordom being one of them :)

OH YEA, I think they should have 5 levels of PRESTIGE once you get to lvl.1000 !

Edited by CavinRovi

I might have found a new way to earn great amount of RP. Saw someone post this at another site.

Have a friend whom you can boost with. Start an invite only session and place bounties and kill each other. Should net you quite som RP. Haven't tried it yet and I have no idea how much you get but it's worth trying I guess!

Also you of course need some money for this method.

I might have found a new way to earn great amount of RP. Saw someone post this at another site.

Have a friend whom you can boost with. Start an invite only session and place bounties and kill each other. Should net you quite som RP. Haven't tried it yet and I have no idea how much you get but it's worth trying I guess!

Also you of course need some money for this method.

Interesting. Hopefully we get more info on this soon. Or I'll just have to wait for 3xp

come on... you guys didn't see this coming? lol it was inevitable.

I got the grind out of the way week 2 as i was expecting them to nerf the RP from races especially after removing mission replays around that time. Then time went on and they didn't do nothing, i'm actually quite surprised by the nerf now seeing how long fast RP was possible.

with their patterns of nerfing anything and everything it was only a matter of time before CR was patched. My guess on why the didn't patch it to begin with is number one they were more concerned about money than xp, and second they most likely left it unpatched as a courtesy for all the lost characters and loss of progress etc.

For those who are still wanting money and rp, survival has always been a good option, 20k for wave 10 and about 5k rp. It's time consuming but its one of the better options, plus survival is fun.. at least for me it is :)

Edited by csboi1337

damn not good news to hear after coming home frm work n only had 7 more stinking lvls to do. thank god i made it to lvl93 @ least frm doing cr but man oh man it was already getting boring. r* knows the online to gtav sucks hairy monkey balls so they have to nerf rp to keep players playing this crap over n over n over again.