Is "Uncalculated Risk" (S&F) glitched?

Zongorillacska

I cannot get the last mission of Dom (the parachuting dude) to appear. The requirements are to have all his previous missions and have all 13 parachute jumps (base/heli) completed. I have done all of these, there's the green tick at each. I have also slept for few days in case the mission would appear later. But nothing.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or know that it's getting patched if it's really a glitch?

I cannot get the last mission of Dom (the parachuting dude) to appear. The requirements are to have all his previous missions and have all 13 parachute jumps (base/heli) completed. I have done all of these, there's the green tick at each. I have also slept for few days in case the mission would appear later. But nothing.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or know that it's getting patched if it's really a glitch?

Try switching characters, that simetimes works for me when missions didn't show up.

I took a few days for it to show up for me, I actually forgot all about it. Then I just happened to switch to Franklin and it showed a 2 (for some reason he always shows 1 mission even though nothing is listed) in the character selector.

I have slept for quite a few days and also been doing other collectables but it just won't show up lol

How far in the story are you? Did you finish it yet?

EDIT: Looked at your trophies and you did, nevermind. Was thinking maybe you weren't far enough. Check your stats or the map and make 100% sure you finished all the parachuting. Try doing an activity or mission as any of the characters if you haven't.

Edited by snake2410

This is definitely glitched. People on Rockstar forums and another forum are experiencing it too.

Uncalculated risk (Dom last mission) – Rockstar Support

Uncalculated Risk (Dom's Last Mission) won't unlock - Troubleshooting - GTA Forums

Needs to be patched... Cannot obtain 100% like this.

Edited by Zongorillacska

Have you tried going to the Maze Building again? You have to jump from this building twice. Once with Dom by taking a helicopter to the top to parachute to the moving truck, & again by picking up the parachute off the ground.

I have the green tick on all parachute jumps... So yes.

Today I have even deleted the game, downloaded it all again to try it unpatched (in case the new patch ruined this mission), still nothing. I have no idea how to get this done.

Edited by Zongorillacska

I am also having problems with this... I have been to the dam were it is supposed to start (with chop and without)... I have redone all of the parachute jumps with franklin (all 13)... I have also switched player loads of times... I have redone all of the dom missions that I had open for Dom to gold standard (3 of them)... I even managed to do kefflon missions just incase it would start it but to no joy... I have all spaceship parts and all letters... Been trying to do different things to start this mission for three days now... Any more ideas anyone???

P.s. Tried going for a drink, lap dance, darts and NOTHING

Today it appeared randomly lol. I have no idea what made it appear, there wasn't any particular thing I finished when it appeared. I was collecting nuclear waste with Michael and I kept pressing :down: from time to time with a small hope for the "1" to appear on Franklin's icon... And it randomly did. lol

It could be possible that it just needs like weeks of ingame time after doing all parachutes... I have really no idea what triggered it...

Anyway, 100% here I come :D Just letter scraps left

I know it doesn't sound very hopeful but keep waiting. I think it's really just taking a long time for it to appear. I have recieved like 5 weekly income emails since when I did all parachutes jumps, and now it randomly appeared. Really, didn't clear anything particular, just randomly popped up... So I think it's just time based. But I could also just be lucky...

• 2 weeks later...

I am in this boat now as well. I still need to collect the last 38 letter scraps but, that will put me at 99.5% with only "Uncalculated Risk" (Dom's last mission) left.

If I recall correctly, in the 3rd Dom mission, Dom didn't land on the truck and I never got the cut-scene of him talking about another jump... when I completed the mission the 1st time, the truck driver just said "Dom didn't make it?"... and the mission was successfully completed with a Silver rating.

I have since redone the mission and got the Gold medal (where Dom did make it and I saw the cut-scene), completed all Parachute jumps with Franklin, and visited the reservoir. Nothing yet. :(

I will finish out the letter scraps and keep looking for the last couple random events to pass time... I really hope it shows up; I don't want to start over.

• 4 months later...
I am in this boat now as well. I still need to collect the last 38 letter scraps but, that will put me at 99.5% with only "Uncalculated Risk" (Dom's last mission) left.

If I recall correctly, in the 3rd Dom mission, Dom didn't land on the truck and I never got the cut-scene of him talking about another jump... when I completed the mission the 1st time, the truck driver just said "Dom didn't make it?"... and the mission was successfully completed with a Silver rating.

I have since redone the mission and got the Gold medal (where Dom did make it and I saw the cut-scene), completed all Parachute jumps with Franklin, and visited the reservoir. Nothing yet. :(

I will finish out the letter scraps and keep looking for the last couple random events to pass time... I really hope it shows up; I don't want to start over.

Anyone ever get this resolved? With the latest patches I feel like its worse.

Anyone ever get this resolved? With the latest patches I feel like its worse.

I think it has something to do with the main mission "derailed". I did all 13 jumps before that mission then completed it and then my map only showed 12 jumps. Then I did targeted risk strangers and freaks and afte that uncalculated risk wouldn't show up. Then I did main mission "hang ten" I believe it's called, then the 13th BASE jump reappeared. But still no uncalculated risk. So I reloaded an old save before I did targeted risk, completed "hang ten" mission first then re-did targeted risk then uncalculated risk showed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a fix for this yet? I just recently got the game finished and been working towards my 100% but this mission not showing up is really giving me a hang up. Did some people this didnt work for for a while end up randomly showing up?

Im gonna try something... Death at Sea is "active" so im gonna go ahead collect the submarine parts and see if maybe that kick the game back into gear. Havent gotten any job calls either from any of my characters and I own multiple properties.

EDIT- Got all sub parts and nuclear waste still nothing, from what I speculated all over the place even looking at some people who were having issues with it 9/10 the problem fixed itself with the ones patient enough for it to pop up... the only thing is how annoying this is.

Question now, should I start working on letters and spaceship parts now I wonder and hope it pops up before or soon after I get all and finish missions having to do with the 2?

Edited by det0x

Is there a fix for this yet? I just recently got the game finished and been working towards my 100% but this mission not showing up is really giving me a hang up. Did some people this didnt work for for a while end up randomly showing up?

See my post from the trophy guide... it did pop up, so all hope is not lost.

Mine was stuck for over a month real time, and I was probably averaging an hour or two online per day in that time (races, missions, messing about). I have put my exchange with R* about the problem in a spoiler below to show how much they care.

[spoiler=dom problem]

Barra333 January 17, 2014 13:53

I have completed all 13 parachute jumps, but the last mission for Dom will not appear. My completion currently stands at 99.5%, so there is little else I can do to progress anything. I have tried the following:

- Completed 5 or 6 more random events since I discovered the bug, also progressing several game days in the process

- Repeatedly been in and out of GTAO

- Logged off PSN while in game (both in storymode and GTAO)

- Made a quick save, loaded it 3 times, went to GTAO, returned

- Changed characters

- Took a taxi across the map

- Called Dom (I knew that shouldnt work)

Do you have plans to resolve this issue in future patches? There are several threads in the community support, none of which have an official response, and the largest of them (180+ replies) even has a recommended answer which is blatantly incorrect (call Dom).

Before patch 1.09, I tried to reload an old save, but the game hung at the loading screen on all but the auto-loaded save. Maybe you could plan on fixing that too?

Looking forward to your reply

----

Barra333 January 24, 2014 13:18

To add some information, I logged off PSN and was able to load a save which only had 12/13 jumps complete. I completed the 13th and still did not get the mission to appear.

----

Shurod D. February 24, 2014 23:25

Hi Barra333

support do not have an answer to the game play question you have. If you are having a technical issue with your game, we will be able to assist you with getting the game working. However, I can recommend that you consult with some gaming websites such as IGN.com, Gamefaqs.com or Gamespot.com, just to name a few along with the R* community forums at http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/topics.

Their also has been a recent title update that may have resolved your issue. the following link is to what the update was about http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201672037 If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again

Kind regards

Alec..H

Phew, was starting to get worried. I kinda figured it would eventually come up. Until then im gonna keep advancing a few days here and there, work towards the other collectables, and other stuff towards 100% and then start working towards online. When did you notice this popped up? I noticed some people noticing while online, and some noticing while just playing randomly, did you keep a close eye on when it popped up? Also found it weird that I had no issues with Kifflom at all. That seemed to be a major issue in the noted in the trophy guide anyways until they patched it. I even went as far as redoing all the parachuting with Franklin cause I initially did them all with Trevor (fav character).

Thanks for the response, I was starting to get worried that I was the only one with the issue anymore. hah

Edited by det0x

I was playing mostly online in the time it was glitched - I did not notice the glitch until I had almost got to 99.5%. In that time I was not getting calls for help from any businesses I owned for help or private cab fares either.

Lots of hours of real time passed before I noticed the (1) on Franklin's character wheel, at which time I went straight to the dam and did the mission. The other people I have seen that have had the mission eventually pop were all playing online at the time. It doesnt look like anyone knows anything specific to trigger it though - most of my sessions were very similar at the time - race, race, deliver car for Simeon, race, race, mission....

Edited by Barra333