Help with Three Man Army

SirShavesALot

I have been trying to get Franklin, Michael, and Trevor to hang out together so I can get this trophy but I have had no luck. Michael seems to always be available to hang out but when I try to get Trevor to hang out he is always busy. I have not completed the story yet (almost). Should I go ahead, choose "Option C", and then try and go for the trophy? I really don't think any of my characters have any active side missions. Any advice is appreciated. I watched guides on the trophy and it looks easy enough if I could just get all 3 in one spot. :confused:

This is what the fifth-sixth Three Man Army Thread ?

Probably. Which is ridiculous.

I completed the story and was playing as Franklin. Called Michael and asked him to hang out. Called Trevor and asked him to join us. Picked them both up, went to the airport and had the trophy 3 minutes later. No idea why people are struggling with something so simple.

I tried to do this too the other night with Michael, but Franklin said something like "don't we have that other thing going on?" but Trevor was open to it. I wasn't on any mission at the time, so I was confused as to why Franklin turned me down.

I'll keep trying when I get a chance after missions I guess.

You might have had an important quest to do with Frank and Micheal. It doesn't matter if the quest is started or not.

This is what the fifth-sixth Three Man Army Thread ?

LOL There should be a sticky on popular trophies, something similar to the "boosting thread" where specific/similar topics can merge and be discussed... something like the "Story Discussion Thread" or something but titled as "Three Man Army Discussions Here *Spoilers* or Kifflom/How to play golf-tennis etc...

... thinking about my suggestion again, I don't think it's gonna work LOL... forget it...

-----

As for answering your question. I had the same problem POST GAME... so what I did was reload an earlier game save where Michael and Trevor hasn't fallen out (of love) yet LOL thus both of them being glad to hang out.

Doing this post game, only Franklin can invite one of them... But when either Michael or Trevor calls the other, the line is busy... so yeah I loaded the part where Franklin had done the first hit and used Michael to phone them both... took an SUV (must be four door for obvious reasons), went to the bar (just for the kicks) and blew up some planes in the airport... a few minutes later... (B) ding!

You don't have to lose the cops or survive the chase btw... as soon as the trophy pops... you can all die together like blood brothers if you wish :D

Edited by Naps

Yeesh! Sorry for asking. :devil:

But yes, I have tried calling the next person immediately after calling the first person. I will make 100% sure that Trevor doesn't have any active side missions and try again. Also, I will try to knock some story quests out of the way to see if that helps. Worst case scenario I will go with Option C, beat the game, and then give it another shot.

• 2 years later...

Wow my earlier reply is almost three years old! Just wanted to revive this old topic in the hope that what I have discovered could help those NEW GTA5 players with problems regarding the other character NOT responding to a phone call for this trophy.

I think I may have discovered a technique (unless someone had found out about this already) on how to bring the three together without having to even phone them up. I made the Trevor, Michael and Franklin meet up at the Pacific Standard Bank in Vinewood Boulevard. I just used the D-Pad switching for each characters until they are very near with each other and made two of them hide in the bank - then the remaining one goes and bump into them. Only one character will show D-Pad menu to accept :right: or decline :left: the hang-out offer... as for the other one, no menu will appear, just press :right:, get in a four door fully customised vehicle and you're off...

HOWEVER I have already earned this trophy so I'm basing everything on theory. Hopefully someone who is about to go for this trophy can try this and either confirm nor refute that this method works. Of course they must at least try more than once and to meet the time requirements while on three-star wanted level to really test it. Here's a video on how I did the meet-up without calling either of them.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Three minutes on the clock... 10:35 to 13:58

There are back-to-back threads about this topic but I'm linking the other one that has substance. It's good to read the comments and suggestions of others to get as much info as you can.

Click here: Three Man Army

Edited by Naps