How To Make Up To 1.5 Billion With Lester's Assassination Missions

Ramez05

So i found a vague description on the gtaforums.com on how to get the most money possible from Lester's assassination missions. Here is my step by step guide on how to get up to 1.5 billion from these missions by playing the stock market. This took a fair amount of trial and error but ive found that following this method you are guaranteed to get these results every time.

NOTE: DO NOT DO ANY OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS WITH FRANKLIN AFTER THE FIRST ONE!

NOTE: These steps are very time sensitive so don't waste too much time between missions or you might miss an investment window.

NOTE: Be sure make use of multiple save files and make sure to save before each investment or each assassination mission because the timing on some of this can be a bit tricky and confusing.

NOTE: For a condensed TL;DR version scroll down to the very bottom.

STEP 1:

Lester Assassination Mission #1 - Hotel Assasination

This will come naturally being that you cannot progress through the rest of the story without having to do the first one. Invest in [bET] BettaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ) with each character before starting the mission with Franklin. You won't have much money to invest so the take won't be that big. Im not exactly sure what the max return percentage is on the investment because at the time I did the mission I wasnt that familiar with how the stock market works. If i remember correctly though it caps out at around 80% profit at least.

STEP 2:

DO NOT DO ANYMORE OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS:

There are probably other ways of manipulating the stock market and making vast amounts of cash without these missions but if you do them early on you will miss out on being able to invest your take from the final heist on his stock tips and thus not be able to make vast amounts of money as quickly.

STEP 3:

Finish all the main story missions besides Lester's assassination missions.

Once you finish the last story mission you get the money you made from the last heist you did at which point you can get on the road towards being a billionaire.

STEP 4:

Lester Assassination Mission #2 - The Multi Target Assassination

BEFORE accepting the mission invest all the money you have with each character in the stock [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Immediately after this mission is completed the stock price will start to rise. It will take around 8 in game hours to reach its peak at 80% return percentage at which point you can sell all your stock with each character. If you wait too long to sell then the return will be significantly lower so keep an eye on the stock and wait for it to reach its peak and make sure to sell before the next trading day which begins every weekday at 8am in game time.

Here are my numbers to show you what I made with Michael.

$32, 081,246 invested. $58,714,376 return.

STEP 4.5

Invest in Redwood

This is the most important step and the step most people are not aware of. Even though you are meant to hurt this company with the last assassination mission they come out on top in the end. Invest all your money with each character in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). With any of your characters advance the in game clock by 48 hours past the last trading day which started at 8am by going the the save screen at any of safe houses and then backing out immediately. Each time you back out from a save the clock advances 6 hours. If you wait 2 days and land on a weekend you have to wait additional days to get to the next week as stock prices do not move on weekends. Once you get to start of the second trading day Redwood's stock will be up by a whopping 300% instantly at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael.

$58,714,376 invested. $234,839,456 return.

STEP 5

Lester Assassination Mission #3 - The Vice Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 50% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

$234,839,456 invested. $353,735,360 return.

STEP 6:

Lester Assassination Mission #4 - The Bus Assassination

Complete the mission as you would do normally. AFTER completion invest all your money with each character in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance the in game clock 2 days and at the start of the second trading day the stock will be up 100% instantly and will not peak any further at which point you sell.

$353,735,360 invested. $707,470,720 return

STEP: 7

Lester Assassination Mission # 7 -The Construction Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 80% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

$707,470,720 invested. $1,282,880,384 return.

Condensed Version:

STEP 1 - BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

STEP 2 - Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.

STEP 3 - BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.

STEP 4 - AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.

STEP 5 - BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

As you can see, depending on your take from the last heist you can make upwards of anywhere from 1-1.5 billion dollars. If anyone finds any errors or has any input regarding this method or the stock market in general feel free to leave a comment.

Edited by Ramez05

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately I've already done the first two- I thought immediately after- why don't I save these until I have more money. Thanks for the detailed tips to maximize the timing. Still seems like I should be able to get quite a bit of money doing the last 4 after the final heist.

Its a shame I missed step 4.5 though because that does seem the key. Too much time has gone by and Redwood is back up to 245.67 a share.

Edited by neahcrow

Thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately I've already done the first two- I thought immediately after- why don't I save these until I have more money. Thanks for the detailed tips to maximize the timing. Still seems like I should be able to get quite a bit of money doing the last 4 after the final heist.

Its a shame I missed step 4.5 though because that does seem the key. Too much time has gone by and Redwood is back up to 245.67 a share.

yeah i should probably stress how time sensitive some of these steps actually are. there is a very small window for making a ton of money in a few cases.

Too much work with not enough reason to do it.

Good ideas though.

Too much work? It's just investing before doing a few side missions. Not that complicated. And if you want to buy all the properties, you're gonna need a LOT of money. That's plenty enough reason for me.

What if you were to save all of the assassination missions until after you've beaten the final mission?

Wouldn't you make more than 1.5 billion?

you have to do the first one to progress the story so the most you can do is the last 4. it is possible to have more than 1.5 billion at the end of this but it all depends on how much you start with.

I did the first 2 assassination missions b4 this guide so the best I'll do is 100mill each you think?

if you already did the first 2 assasination missions then it is likely you missed the redwood stock jump which is what starts the train rolling to a billion. doing some quick math the most you can get without investing in redwood and assuming you invest 30 million the rest of the way through you should be able to get somewhere between 150-200 million.

is 80% the max return you can get? Odd that stocks have a limit

when a stock has reached its peak it will hover at a fixed percentage usually not going up or down more than 1%. if you wait till the next trading day there is a chance it will drop down drastically or stay the same. ive yet to see if it will actually go up any further after a few days but i have some old save files so i can test that out.

Oh thats great to hear. I guess saving before the second day at 8am and loading it if it drops dramatically is a good way to test if you can manage an extra perxsntage or two right?

Also about redwood....so you attack that company and it somehow rises? Insider sabotage lol?

if i remember right you killed some jurors who bought by redwood. lester likely didnt think that through because it is most likely that the trial ended in a mistrial so redwood got off scott free and thus the huge bump in price.

yeah you dont technically need all this extra money. you can pretty much buy everything you need with the money from the last heist and get all the trophies but it does feel nice to be able to buy the movie theater and golf course no matter how useless they are :)

I know the golf course is 150mil, how much is the theater? Also what are the benefits of owning them?

I know the golf course is 150mil, how much is the theater? Also what are the benefits of owning them?

there is a theater that costs 20 million and it gives you 264k a week. for some reason the golf course gives almost the exact amount per week despite being so much more expensive. its a shame there arent any structured missions with purchasing the properties like there was in Vice City.

Does anyone know how to get about 150 million? i finished story and assassination and now i have 60 million per character

any stock market tips?

Investing in basic stocks. It's way slower and more isky, but you can still gain a fw millions just by the smallest percent. Remember to save before ;)

Does anyone know how to get about 150 million? i finished story and assassination and now i have 60 million per character

any stock market tips?

ive read a lot of tedious strategies about making big money outside of the stocks from lester's assassination missions but most of them boil down to using tons of extra save files, writing down every stock price with a pen and paper, and reloading save files over and over. without any missions to test out whether the outcome effects the stock or not, either normal mission or assassination mission, there is almost no way to predict whether a stock will go up or down.

i have noticed though that the graphs for most stocks is pretty much and up and down roller coaster so maybe if you pay close enough attention you can time the investment right at the bottom and hope that it will go back up in the next couple days. you are better off though looking for random encounters and hoping that they will give you a stock tip that is worth a 100% return as that is the only confirmed way to make big money after all the missions are done.