Rate the platinum difficulty  

510 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1- Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_55.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.53

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting a 3/10

Only need level 100 and platinum awards for the plat. Currently level 70 using the mission replay glitch on the parking garage. I have about 15 plat awards and all those are pretty easy too. It' just time consuming, without the mission replay glitch you are looking at 100+ hours of playing the online to rank up. I'm sure they'll be triple XP weekends though.

Single player is easy, some knife flights can be a bit tricky though. It's not a hard platinum, just time consuming. Around 150hrs at a guess.

errr i dont know about a 3/10 for this. thats about the rating you could give some some 10-15 hour action games. you need 60 hours for single player and multiplayer is completely dependent on whether you can find someone to get you in to grinding rooms. once that is patched you are looking at possibly 200+ hours online. even with the grinding though it is still very time consuming because of the decorated trophy which you cant really speed up.

like you said though the game is not hard but it is VERY time consuming which alone makes me give it a....

6/10

errr i dont know about a 3/10 for this. thats about the rating you could give some some 10-15 hour action games. you need 60 hours for single player and multiplayer is completely dependent on whether you can find someone to get you in to grinding rooms. once that is patched you are looking at possibly 200+ hours online. even with the grinding though it is still very time consuming because of the decorated trophy which you cant really speed up.

like you said though the game is not hard but it is VERY time consuming which alone makes me give it a....

6/10

Number 4 of difficulty guidelines. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Someone has already voted 1. What does anyone accomplish voting stupidly like that? Every poll every made has alot of 1's and 10's no matter what.

I agree with Ramez, though not very difficult, I don't think it's anywhere near 3, I see 3 as a game that doesn't require any skill. This game does, I won't vote yet, but I will vote higher than 5.

Number 4 of difficulty guidelines. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

true but it is still relatively difficult. its not hard but it isnt easy either. that with the fact that it is time consuming is why i gave it the rating i did. game length still factors in to a rating and in the case of this game it is a huge factor.

I must agree with the fact that a 3 sounds awfully low. I am no way near the platinum yet but the requirements are getting 70 gold medals, doing everything the game has to offer and all the online stuff. Sound at least like a 5 or 6. But of course it is a matter of personal opinion :)

Edited by DerbyStar

just got the plat. score remains the same for my experience though. with the current patches though it will take longer to level up so the score could be higher for some people

special thanks to my friend M3I3ndr3z1.

i accidentally got a bad sport rating last night so no one was able to help me. my friend goes out of his way to become a bad sport just to help me get the plat. some people are just awesome people. you dont find many people like that who go out of their way to help you especially if it sets them back.

Why would this be so much easier than GTA IV though? Don't they have the same requirements(ish) Online? Doesn't GTA V level 100 take longer than GTA IV's requirement?

On another note, I'm disgusted with the rate of RP gain. Red Dead Redemption's max XP rates were much more reasonable. GTA V sounds like it would take about 5 times as much, at least, to hit the level trophy, without using glitches/bugs that are due for patching.

Edited by FlutterGuy

I just got the platinum and I would rate it a 4/10. Online was really simple. It's just a huge grind. I would have gotten the platinum earlier but my rank 46 got deleted a couple of days ago. My rank 46 had 60 hours played where most of it was screwing around and getting platinum medals. However, my second character where I knew what I was doing and straight grinded took me 40 hours to get to 100. This was primarily done through races. I never used the restarting missions trick except for a few levels doing Violent Duct.

As for single player the only hard part was hitting some of the knife flights and stunt jumps. Otherwise, everything was really easy.

In total it took me 160 hours to complete and this was with a rank 46 deleted character. 60 hours for single player and 100 hours for online.

Why would this be so much easier than GTA IV though? Don't they have the same requirements(ish) Online? Doesn't GTA V level 100 take longer than GTA IV's requirement?

GTA IV had the most ridiculous online trophies ever. Rockstar learned from it though and haven't done anything near as bad since.

5 online is simple really.

Gave this a bit of thought before settling on a vote of 6. Sure, it doesn't require much pure skill, but then again what GTA does. The tedious and grindy nature (as well as the ability to frustrate) of several trophies (Solid Gold, Baby!, Career Criminal, Above the Law and Decorated) are enough to warrant more than a 3, as that's a rating I reserve for games that don't really require any grinding or going too far out of your way to earn any trophies.

Just got the plat and I'm voting 4/10. Cannot understand any votes higher than that at all. The only things remotely difficult are a couple of Kinfe Flights and Stunt Jumps. Oh, and maintaining sanity whilst driving that submarine for Waste Management. 100% Completion is simple (as most GTA games are, particularly with the aiming system) and you don't even need to complete everything in the game for it. 70 Gold Medals is also fairly simple as there's just enough quick missions to avoid excess grinding.

It seems like the higher votes are people seeing the "Rank 100" trophy and whacking the Quick Reply button. Driving in a simple circle for 10-15 hours is as easy as it gets, check Guideline 4 of the OP for reference. Every Online trophy is boostable with a friend, so you don't need skill for any of it.

It is time-consuming (90-100 hours if you just solidly grind MP), which is the only reason it gets a 4.

Just got the plat and I'm voting 4/10. Cannot understand any votes higher than that at all. The only things remotely difficult are a couple of Kinfe Flights and Stunt Jumps. Oh, and maintaining sanity whilst driving that submarine for Waste Management. 100% Completion is simple (as most GTA games are, particularly with the aiming system) and you don't even need to complete everything in the game for it. 70 Gold Medals is also fairly simple as there's just enough quick missions to avoid excess grinding.

It seems like the higher votes are people seeing the "Rank 100" trophy and whacking the Quick Reply button. Driving in a simple circle for 10-15 hours is as easy as it gets, check Guideline 4 of the OP for reference. Every Online trophy is boostable with a friend, so you don't need skill for any of it.

It is time-consuming (90-100 hours if you just solidly grind MP), which is the only reason it gets a 4.

i think the fact it is time consuming should have at least some factor on peoples score. for me i was one of the few who was able to play almost flawlessly at the start and because of that i had to discover which ways were the most efficient to level up myself. levels 1-50 pretty much took me 2-3 days of non stop playing and it wasnt until i found the right missions to exploit that i wasnt able to speed things up considerably. which is why i rated this game a 6 and not a 4 or 5. in hindsight if i knew what i knew now i would probably rate it a 5 but at the time the amount of grinding i did and having to figure out almost everything myself is what made me rate this a 6. im sure that if people werent lucky enough to be able to grind levels 1-100 in missions with replay still available they wouldnt rate the game so low. granted now you can just grind xp in races but that is likely to get patched too in the future.

as far as the single player goes though i hate collectibles. rockstar did a smart thing by dividing them up in different chunks as it definitely makes it easy because if i had to collect 300 letter scraps instead of having to do 6 sets of 50 i might have rated this higher even though it is the same amount of collectibles. also some aspects of the single player can be a little hair pulling such as the stunt jumps or under the bridge not registering.

edit: lowest ill go is a 5

Edited by Ramez05