Retailer ZAVVI says GTA V release date Nov. 23rd.

Blessorship

GTA: Grand Theft Auto V (5) PS3 | Zavvi.com

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/gta-grand-theft-auto-v-5/10569986.html

Nothing from Amazon, Gamestop, Game.co.uk yet. Still waiting for a more well known retailer to change the release date from TBD.

I know online retailers aren't always right about these things. Maybe someone is knowledgable about Zavvis track record on these things?

I really hope it's true. I've been dying for more info on GTA V.

Edited by Blessorship

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten my hopes up before for online retailer leaks and they've always resulted in dissapointment so ill just call fake til rockstar confirms. Would love that release date though :)

I hear ya. I immediately sent a tweet to @RockstarGames on twitter when I saw this. They haven't replied yet. Hopefully they will though. I've also found another online retailer that lists release as November 23rd.

GTA: Grand Theft Auto V (5) PS3 | TheHut.com

But who knows, these retailers may just be trying to get people to pre-order from them. The date may not be accurate.

No listing from amazon or gamestop yet. When I see it there I will beleive it.

I hear ya. I immediately sent a tweet to @RockstarGames on twitter when I saw this. They haven't replied yet. Hopefully they will though. I've also found another online retailer that lists release as November 23rd.

GTA: Grand Theft Auto V (5) PS3 | TheHut.com

But who knows, these retailers may just be trying to get people to pre-order from them. The date may not be accurate.

No listing from amazon or gamestop yet. When I see it there I will beleive it.

Zavvi and TheHut are owned by the same company, wouldn't really read much into this.

Also, November 23 would probably be the last week for major game releases of the year. I remember pretty much nothing of any interest came out after that date in 2011, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that this would be the end of the fall gaming season this year as well.

So when an online retailer thinks the game is still coming out in 2012, he's trying to err on the side of caution by just putting the game down in the last week of big releases. Long story short: I'd say this is pure speculation. The game could be released in the fall gaming season of 2012, but early 2013 is just as big a possibility, if you ask me.

Anyone who thinks this will be release before April 2013, is quite frankly, a fool.

One can always hope, right? I'm not expecting the game to be released in 2012 anymore, but if it does, I sure won't complain one bit. Fortunately, there are enough good games coming up this year to keep me busy.

theres a snowballs chance in hell that this game is releasing this year.....

Facts/Theory why it will:

-All GTAs except GTA IV were released in October

-It was annouched in October last year. Most games get annouched a year before release

- If the first trailer releases the game is done at least 70%

- In January Take-Two told that GTA V is making great progress

-Its been in development since December 2008

Facts/Theory why it will:

-All GTAs except GTA IV were released in October

-It was annouched in October last year. Most games get annouched a year before release

- If the first trailer releases the game is done at least 70%

- In January Take-Two told that GTA V is making great progress

-Its been in development since December 2008

Another thing is R* put out a ad for beta testing. Can't remember where I saw that, but it was a good source that I saw it from.

Nov 23rd is too late in the season, most major releases are before mid november. Not to mention that take2 & rockstar have plenty on their plate this year with Spec Ops the Line, Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2 dropping this year. They will need a major release for 2013 this will likley be it.

That would be very likely as well. Hell, lets look at their most recent games:

GTAIV: April 29th 2008

Red Dead Redemption: May 18th 2010

Max Payne 3: May 15th 2012

Edited by Cornagandarub

You forgot LA Noir Last year and max payne is 2012, see companies are about maintianing profit and revenue streams. So Next may now seems like the most likley release date with a full reveal at this years E3.

That would be very likely as well. Hell, lets look at their most recent games:

GTAIV: April 29th 2008

Red Dead Redemption: May 18th 2010

LA Noir: May 17th 2011

Max Payne 3: May 15th 2012