GTA4 with 4 consoles question...

I havent played a lot of GTA4 online, so Im not really familiar with how the matches work, but I really want to platinum it... the problem is that I cant seem to manage getting boosting partners together to do so.

But I do have access to 3-4 PS3s/copies of the game, and was curious if I hooked them up... would that be enough to get the AWP trophy?

I thought I could hook them up, then make the rest of the slots private. Then just go through getting all the trophies.

So... would that work?

You would need 4 TVs and 4 different PSN accounts to do so. Theres a good chance Sony will frown upon your IP address being on the network 4 times.

So I would need at least 4 and it would work?

Well, for all they'd know, I was having a gaming party or something. Im not too worried about it either way.

Well you don't NEED 4...I was just using that because you said 3 or 4. The point is, you need one PS3 per TV, each with its own game and it's own PSN account. How ever many you use is at your discretion.

The consoles, copies of the game, PSN accounts, and TVs arent a problem. I have all that straightened out.

But how many would I need minimum?

I dont know how many player slots Id need to fill to be able to play all the matches. Like if there was a minimum of 4 or what. I know I cant do races with only 2 people, but would 3 be enough? Would I need more to play other types of matches?

I actually found the answers on the Playstation forums in a thread about the AWF trophy.

It says the races only require 2 people... which is really odd because I was playing with my brother in law once, and we tried to start a race but it said we needed more people.

Maybe that was just when youre in party mode or whatever. I dunno. Thats really good news though if its true.

Yeah, Im mostly worried about the AWP trophy for now.

I think three players is enough for every game mode, definitely no higher than four. Being honest, imo it would be easier for you to just find a boosting partner for the races and you should be able to win the other modes in public games. But yeah, if you wanted to do it this way, I think 3 PS3's would be enough.

I think three players is enough for every game mode, definitely no higher than four. Being honest, imo it would be easier for you to just find a boosting partner for the races and you should be able to win the other modes in public games. But yeah, if you wanted to do it this way, I think 3 PS3's would be enough.

Well, my brother in law just bought a Slim. So Im just going to borrow his Fat PS3 and copy of GTA4, hook it up, then sit there winning the races and whatever other modes I might need that can be done with 2 players.

As far as the 4 player minimum team modes, Ill probably just try to boost those. I can get another 2 PS3s/copies of GTA... I found a thread that lists the minimum amount of players needed, and its either 2 or 4... so boosting a few modes would probably be less effort than all that.

The problem I have with boosting is that I have a real hard time getting myself to play if I dont really feel like it. Also, I tend to only feel like playing for an hour or two at a time (especially when it comes to something like boosting such a tedious trophy). On top of all that, I have a bit of a... "social disorder" or whatever.

So putting together boosting partners and sticking through the boost becomes a problem. Slapping together a couple PS3s is way better for me.

Edited by MikeyPooPants

I havent played a lot of GTA4 online, so Im not really familiar with how the matches work, but I really want to platinum it... the problem is that I cant seem to manage getting boosting partners together to do so.

But I do have access to 3-4 PS3s/copies of the game, and was curious if I hooked them up... would that be enough to get the AWP trophy?

I thought I could hook them up, then make the rest of the slots private. Then just go through getting all the trophies.

So... would that work?

You can do AWP with 4 consoles.. Your lucky btw :whistle:

Set up each match with max private slots,

Deathmatch = 2 players

Mafiya Work = 2 players

Car Jack City = 4 players

Race/GTA Race = 2 players

Team Deathmatch = 3 players

Team Mafiya Work = 4 players

Team Car Jack City = 4 players

Cops n Crooks = 4 players <-- Make sure you win "All For One" & "One For All" being both cops & crooks

Turf War = 4 players

Deal Breaker/Hangman's NOOSE/Bomb da Base = 2 players

Make sure your top and win all of them, and AWP is yours..

I know cuz Ive got GTA plat 3 times :D

Edited by Pegesus

Deathmatch = 2 players

Mafiya Work = 2 players

Cops n Crooks = 4 players <-- Make sure you win "All For One" & "One For All" being both cops & crooks

Turf War = 4 players

3 times? can you proof that?

Deathmatch = 2 players

Mafiya Work = 2 players

Turf War = 4 players

Haha... why would you platinum it 3 times?

Youre sure you have to be the top player to get the win? That sucks. I figured I could do the team games for real, but I dont want to have to play until Im the top player in all of them.

Haha... why would you platinum it 3 times?

Youre sure you have to be the top player to get the win? That sucks. I figured I could do the team games for real, but I dont want to have to play until Im the top player in all of them.

Nah you dont have to finish as the top player for any of them, although people will suggest you do so just incase. Personally, I cant remember finishing top in any of the modes (bar DM) so I'd say it isn't necessary. But if you're doing it with 4 PS3's anyway, you may as well.

Nah you dont have to finish as the top player for any of them, although people will suggest you do so just incase. Personally, I cant remember finishing top in any of the modes (bar DM) so I'd say it isn't necessary. But if you're doing it with 4 PS3's anyway, you may as well.

Well originally, I was under the impression that you couldnt do the races with only 2 people... then after I read that you could, I decided it would be easier to just put 2 PS3s/games together and just play the team modes for real than to have to get 4 PS3s/games all hooked up.

So its good to hear I dont have to be top player.

Well originally, I was under the impression that you couldnt do the races with only 2 people... then after I read that you could, I decided it would be easier to just put 2 PS3s/games together and just play the team modes for real than to have to get 4 PS3s/games all hooked up.

So its good to hear I dont have to be top player.

Yeah definitely since the 4 ps3's thing is an option it should be simple to manufacture it so you finish top. As I said, I didn't have to but some people will suggest you try to anyways and being as though its simple for you to do you may as well.

The AWP FAQ thread on here gives a lot of info should you need it. Just a heads up.

3 times? can you proof that?

How can I get proof ? :confused:

I got it 3 times because my first PSN account was more of a team name,

then I created 2 more accounts and did it again.

Oh yeah and you can be "top" of everything,

Such as most kills in your team and winning TDM...

Most turf taken in your team and winning Turf War.. ;)