extremely bad news...

Gtamen

there's a rumor going that activision wants to take over take two(which means also rockstar) that will mean that activision will get their dirty hands on my beloved GTA... i hope this is just a rumor or i'll be very sad. i dont want to see GTA turn into a CoD or GH....

source: News: Activision to swoop for GTA owner? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Well, there's also an upside to this. Activision is a company that wants money, money and money. Oh and did I mention they want BIG money? Anyway, if they take over T2, they'll probably want to make profit of the GTA franchise as fast as possible, so they'll hopefully release some information about it soon.

And yes, that they want the big money also has its downside: we'll probably see about 20 or 30 DLC's for $40 each...

Well, there's also an upside to this. Activision is a company that wants money, money and money. Oh and did I mention they want BIG money? Anyway, if they take over T2, they'll probably want to make profit of the GTA franchise as fast as possible, so they'll hopefully release some information about it soon.

And yes, that they want the big money also has its downside: we'll probably see about 20 or 30 DLC's for $40 each...

There is no upside to Activision taking over Take-Two.

And Take-Two isn't selling. Don't worry gtamen, this is much ado about nothing.

Well their trophy list couldn't possibly SUCK any worse than GTA IV's trophy list!!! Maybe it will have an easier trophylist.. if it happens,that is.

I think the trophy list is made by either Rockstar North or Rockstar Games, not by T2

There absolutely is an upside to this. I'm not saying that the upside is better than the downside, which it absolutely isn't.

Edited by Basti-NL

And Take-Two isn't selling. Don't worry gtamen, this is much ado about nothing.

much ado about nothing is a shakespeare play funny since i've been learning about this recently in school but yeah i don't want activison to take over rockstar and make another shitty milked cod game just for money if they do i'l strangle all of them and hang them by there balls outside the window sill

I highly doubt this. If it ever did happen, the GTA would be dead to me. Part of it's appeal comes from the fact that they spend 2-3 years at a time working on each GTA game. If Activision got their hands on Take-Two along with Rockstar it would mean each game would be exactly the same. I don't want this.

New Gta every year, yay.

new GTA every year= CoD= francise death in no time. im sure the houser brothers will say a happy fuck you in their to activision when they have to make a new GTA every year. (with this i mean commercials in-game ect) i don't think Sam Houser will let this happen but money talks... im begging rockstar to stay wth what their doing. delivering the quality they always did.. but if activision buys T2 i think we're fucked...

This would be an absolute disaster... Leave good game franchises alone Activision. Pleases and thank yous.

This happens and we'll be seeing a new GTA each year, which is a clone of the previous year's filled with glitches and a highly diluted Single Player in favour of a mass-pleasing Multi player. No. Thank. You.