XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > Grand Theft Auto IV

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Cauchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under the rainbow...
Posts: 4,528

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Talking Great news about "Fly the Coop" (& maybe Petrovic and others)!!!

So, I just got "Fly the Coop" Major props to LA48 and salfor1 for their help. Still, that's not the great news. The great news is that I WAS ABLE TO GET IT IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS! That's right; I did NOT do all three missions in a single sitting. Rather, it was spanned over several days with at most one mission completed under time per day -- NOOSE, Base II, then Breaker. If I quit, I just made sure my profile was updated within the server before attacking the next mission. Note that it always took over half an hour for this update take place on the server end.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there will be doubters and I'm sure that this won't work for some (the people with double accounts?). But all I know is that I was able to get this trophy without having to resort to leaving my PS3 on for an ungodly amount of time and pray that the connection did not drop, which incidentally it did many times. By the way, I'm not chastising anyone for resorting to these measures. I'm just overjoyed that I did not have to.

Now, it’s time to see if Petrovic and others work. Wish me luck



EDIT: It should be noted that the person that I was doing Fly the Coop with unlocked it at the same time and was doing it in multiple sessions. So, that’s at least two folks who have gotten it in multiple sessions.

Now for the really important update: PETROVIC CAN BE DONE IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS !!!

The operative word in the above is “can”. There have been some unfortunate people for whom this trophy does not unlock in multiple sessions (see below). But it did work for me. I am in the process of helping two others get their Petrovic trophy. Obviously, they're doing it in multiple sessions. I will relay the results.

Again, this is purely conjecture, but I think making sure the servers updated before each new session is the best thing to do. I’m thinking that the system checks your online stats and compares them to the stats that you’re currently obtaining and if they add up to what’s needed then you unlock the trophy.

One last thing: Fuck yeah! I'm so glad this pain-in-the-ass trophy is finished. Now, I get to spend another 50+ hours in this game to rank up to level 10. Damn you Rockstar for your ridiculous trophies!!!

Edit 2: So, I just finished helping another get his last race for Petrovic and he got it as well!!!

Edit 3: I've helped another. This is now the third person (apart from me) to confirm getting Petrovic in multiple sessions.
__________________

Last edited by Cauchy; 01-19-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Cauchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauchy-Schwarz View Post
So, I just got "Fly the Coop" Major props to LA48 and salfor1 for their help. Still, that's not the great news. The great news is that I WAS ABLE TO GET IT IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS! That's right; I did NOT do all three missions in a single sitting. Rather, it was spanned over several days with at most one mission completed under time per day -- NOOSE, Base II, then Breaker. If I quit, I just made sure my profile was updated within the server before attacking the next mission. Note that it always took over half an hour for this update take place on the server end.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there will be doubters and I'm sure that this won't work for some (the people with double accounts?). But all I know is that I was able to get this trophy without having to resort to leaving my PS3 on for an ungodly amount of time and pray that the connection did not drop, which incidentally it did many times. By the way, I'm not chastising anyone for resorting to these measures. I'm just overjoyed that I did not have to.

Now, itís time to see if Petrovic and others work. Wish me luck
Nice, that's good news for me cause there is no way I'm going to sit and play GTA4 for 12+ hours straight to get this trophy. Keep us updated on the other ones.
gettinmoney662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmoney662 View Post
Nice, that's good news for me cause there is no way I'm going to sit and play GTA4 for 12+ hours straight to get this trophy. Keep us updated on the other ones.
lol no trophy takes that long if you know what to do
fly the coop can be done in 2-3 hours if youve watched the youtube videos
if your talking bout petrovic it takes around 8-10 hours yes that one is very time consuming
__________________


Platinums
Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, CoD:WaW, Wipeout HD, GTA IV, CoD:MW2
mm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm74 View Post
lol no trophy takes that long if you know what to do
fly the coop can be done in 2-3 hours if youve watched the youtube videos
if your talking bout petrovic it takes around 8-10 hours yes that one is very time consuming
Yeah, I was talking about Petrovic.
gettinmoney662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 66
Default

would be awesome if it works!
__________________
Abrissbirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Nakatomi_Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Uk
Posts: 1,000
Default

So basically you completed 1 of the missions gave it 30mins to update the server (did you stay at a main menu or something) and then tackled another level next day and did the same all 3 and it gave you it is that right.
__________________
Nakatomi_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Cauchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under the rainbow...
Posts: 4,528

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakatomi_Uk View Post
So basically you completed 1 of the missions gave it 30mins to update the server (did you stay at a main menu or something) and then tackled another level next day and did the same all 3 and it gave you it is that right.
Sometimes it takes really long for the servers to update, a couple of hours or so. I haven't actually checked regularly enough to give an exact time. 30 min was really a very generous lower estimate. Anyhow, yes, I just checked the appropriate stats in the menu before I started playing again to make sure I had the necessary stats to unlock the trophy.


However, since starting the Petrovic run, I've notice that while all the stats eventually get recorded, some stats get recorded earlier than others, despite being played at a later time.
__________________
Cauchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 203
Default

Sounds to me like you might have gotten lucky with fly the co-op That didn't happen for me. I can also confirm that the Petrovic trophy didn't unlock across multiple sessions for me. I previously had the "Taking it for the team" trophy, however 'Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic' did not unlock until I had re-completed all the team matches during the same session.

Do let us know if you are more fortunate though. Perhaps Rockstar are able to do some wizardry server side and may be sorting things out. Or as I said earlier, perhaps you're just lucky!
Thorvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Nakatomi_Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Uk
Posts: 1,000
Default

I've got 5 jumps today to do to get that trophy and I need to do 1 more mission to enable the final Stranger and I have that then there's the rest of single player except 30hr 1.

The only thing I have done online was about 3 weeks ago and that was pistol trophy & 20 races so my stats should be fine I aint going for that Petro trophy to long but I'll give that 3 missions 1 ago still think it's stupid that it cant be more than 3 players.

I doubt I'll go for these missions as I'll end up getting frustrated with it like I did when I was completing COD3 on vertern and it's stupid checkpoint system sucked.
__________________

Last edited by Nakatomi_Uk; 12-29-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Nakatomi_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Cauchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under the rainbow...
Posts: 4,528

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvan View Post
Sounds to me like you might have gotten lucky with fly the co-op That didn't happen for me. I can also confirm that the Petrovic trophy didn't unlock across multiple sessions for me. I previously had the "Taking it for the team" trophy, however 'Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic' did not unlock until I had re-completed all the team matches during the same session.

Do let us know if you are more fortunate though. Perhaps Rockstar are able to do some wizardry server side and may be sorting things out. Or as I said earlier, perhaps you're just lucky!
See Edit to original post
__________________
Cauchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 AM.