Great news about "Fly the Coop" (& maybe Petrovic and others)!!!

Cauchy

So, I just got "Fly the Coop" :D Major props to LA48 and salfor1 for their help. Still, that's not the great news. The great news is that I WAS ABLE TO GET IT IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS! That's right; I did NOT do all three missions in a single sitting. Rather, it was spanned over several days with at most one mission completed under time per day -- NOOSE, Base II, then Breaker. If I quit, I just made sure my profile was updated within the server before attacking the next mission. Note that it always took over half an hour for this update take place on the server end.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there will be doubters and I'm sure that this won't work for some (the people with double accounts?). But all I know is that I was able to get this trophy without having to resort to leaving my PS3 on for an ungodly amount of time and pray that the connection did not drop, which incidentally it did many times. By the way, I'm not chastising anyone for resorting to these measures. I'm just overjoyed that I did not have to.

Now, it’s time to see if Petrovic and others work. Wish me luck ;)

EDIT: It should be noted that the person that I was doing Fly the Coop with unlocked it at the same time and was doing it in multiple sessions. So, that’s at least two folks who have gotten it in multiple sessions.

Now for the really important update: PETROVIC CAN BE DONE IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS :D!:D!:D!

The operative word in the above is “can”. There have been some unfortunate people for whom this trophy does not unlock in multiple sessions (see below). But it did work for me. I am in the process of helping two others get their Petrovic trophy. Obviously, they're doing it in multiple sessions. I will relay the results.

Again, this is purely conjecture, but I think making sure the servers updated before each new session is the best thing to do. I’m thinking that the system checks your online stats and compares them to the stats that you’re currently obtaining and if they add up to what’s needed then you unlock the trophy.

One last thing: Fuck yeah! I'm so glad this pain-in-the-ass trophy is finished. Now, I get to spend another 50+ hours in this game to rank up to level 10. Damn you Rockstar for your ridiculous trophies!!!

Edit 2: So, I just finished helping another get his last race for Petrovic and he got it as well!!!

Edit 3: I've helped another. This is now the third person (apart from me) to confirm getting Petrovic in multiple sessions.

Edited by Cauchy

So, I just got "Fly the Coop" :D Major props to LA48 and salfor1 for their help. Still, that's not the great news. The great news is that I WAS ABLE TO GET IT IN MULTIPLE SESSIONS! That's right; I did NOT do all three missions in a single sitting. Rather, it was spanned over several days with at most one mission completed under time per day -- NOOSE, Base II, then Breaker. If I quit, I just made sure my profile was updated within the server before attacking the next mission. Note that it always took over half an hour for this update take place on the server end.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there will be doubters and I'm sure that this won't work for some (the people with double accounts?). But all I know is that I was able to get this trophy without having to resort to leaving my PS3 on for an ungodly amount of time and pray that the connection did not drop, which incidentally it did many times. By the way, I'm not chastising anyone for resorting to these measures. I'm just overjoyed that I did not have to.

Now, it’s time to see if Petrovic and others work. Wish me luck ;)

Nice, that's good news for me cause there is no way I'm going to sit and play GTA4 for 12+ hours straight to get this trophy. Keep us updated on the other ones.

Nice, that's good news for me cause there is no way I'm going to sit and play GTA4 for 12+ hours straight to get this trophy. Keep us updated on the other ones.

lol no trophy takes that long if you know what to do

fly the coop can be done in 2-3 hours if youve watched the youtube videos

if your talking bout petrovic it takes around 8-10 hours yes that one is very time consuming

So basically you completed 1 of the missions gave it 30mins to update the server (did you stay at a main menu or something) and then tackled another level next day and did the same all 3 and it gave you it is that right.

Sometimes it takes really long for the servers to update, a couple of hours or so. I haven't actually checked regularly enough to give an exact time. 30 min was really a very generous lower estimate. Anyhow, yes, I just checked the appropriate stats in the menu before I started playing again to make sure I had the necessary stats to unlock the trophy.

However, since starting the Petrovic run, I've notice that while all the stats eventually get recorded, some stats get recorded earlier than others, despite being played at a later time.

Sounds to me like you might have gotten lucky with fly the co-op :) That didn't happen for me. I can also confirm that the Petrovic trophy didn't unlock across multiple sessions for me. I previously had the "Taking it for the team" trophy, however 'Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic' did not unlock until I had re-completed all the team matches during the same session.

Do let us know if you are more fortunate though. Perhaps Rockstar are able to do some wizardry server side and may be sorting things out. Or as I said earlier, perhaps you're just lucky! :)

I've got 5 jumps today to do to get that trophy and I need to do 1 more mission to enable the final Stranger and I have that then there's the rest of single player except 30hr 1.

The only thing I have done online was about 3 weeks ago and that was pistol trophy & 20 races so my stats should be fine I aint going for that Petro trophy to long but I'll give that 3 missions 1 ago still think it's stupid that it cant be more than 3 players.

I doubt I'll go for these missions as I'll end up getting frustrated with it like I did when I was completing COD3 on vertern and it's stupid checkpoint system sucked.

Edited by Nakatomi_Uk

Sounds to me like you might have gotten lucky with fly the co-op :) That didn't happen for me. I can also confirm that the Petrovic trophy didn't unlock across multiple sessions for me. I previously had the "Taking it for the team" trophy, however 'Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic' did not unlock until I had re-completed all the team matches during the same session.

Do let us know if you are more fortunate though. Perhaps Rockstar are able to do some wizardry server side and may be sorting things out. Or as I said earlier, perhaps you're just lucky! :)

See Edit to original post

I've done Fly The Co-op in a single hour, with only just one friend, it's really easy, only u have to know all the patterns and how to do everything... I need a partner to do Auf, we can try in multiple sessions to see if it works, or do it in a single game...

"Fly the Coop" was not easy for me at all. BTW you all should know that 3 people, including myself, have now gotten Petrovic in multiple sessions.

What screen are you waiting at for the stats to update? My stats havn't updated since the trophy patch and they never really have updated properly since the game has been released. Everytime I turn the game on I'm always at the same rank 4 with the same amount of money each n every time and the only trophies I have left for this game is Auf and the rank 10 trophy. All the other online trophies had to be done in one session for me and non of the money obtained during the time it took to get the other online trophies have saved.

I have 2 ps3s and 2 copies of gta so this Auf trophy really shouldn't be a problem for me but sadly it is, as my stats never get updated/saved.

So say I do all the boat races, one after each other then do I just go back to nikos safe house and wait and keep checking if the stats have been marked as a race won? if it works the money for winning the races should get saved to hopefully.

It can be done in several sessions. Only is necessary to wait a moment and your stadistics will be updated. You can check this through the pause menu. This applies for all the trophies (Auf Widierhesen, Top Midnight Club, Fly the Co-op, etc.).

What you say is partly true. Yes, your in game stats will show your current progress. However, if you get disconnected or if you log out then back in, most likely your stats will reset to what they were at the start of your session. The only exception to this is if the servers update midsession. As for how often the servers update, I'm still unsure of their schedule. If you wish to be sure what your stats are as far as the servers are concerned, you should sign up for R*'s social club:

socialclub.rockstargames.com

before you wet your pants thinking that the petrovic list can be completed in multiple sessions just like the fly the co op trophy and that it will save you from having to leave you ps3 on for 20 hours as you slave away checking off the requirements list, waiting for people to get online that said they would help you, taking breaks cause you're human, eating and drinking cause you're bored, showering cause you stink and you will still earn the petrovic trophy... think again...

there are no shortcuts for the petrovic trophy... if you want it... you will earn it

and yes the fly the co op trophy can be earned in multiple online sessions but to just ensure that you get the trophy you may want to host, get the most kills and not die right before the ending scene... better safe than sorry

Edited by StormOverKrynn

That is indeed good news. I'm currently working on getting both of those trophies but am a little bit short. I got the time needed for the NOOSE game but not the other two as of yet. I always seem to get kicked back to the regular game in Bomb Da Base. The only things left for the Petrovic trophy are the GTA Races which I can hopefully get through soon. That's a load of races to do plus I'm not the greatest at most races. :(

Otherwise getting to ten for the Wanted trophy's all that's left to get the platinum one. I'm roughly 2.3 mill away from that yet. So... That might take awhile. :p