The AWP FAQ!

Gtamen

If you're new to PST.org and found this guide useful, then put me as a referral when you decide to sign up!

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/7431/awpa.jpg Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic (B)

You won in all variations of multiplayer games.

This is the guide of the most glitched trophy in GTA IV: The Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy. In this guide I collected the most asked questions about AWP(Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic) so there will be no more threads of all the stupid questions that we all hate like: ‘Can I get AWP in my first run?’

What to do for the AWP trophy?:

For the AWP trophy you need to win every single gamemode. Within races, this includes normal race and GTA race.The modes are:

Deathmatch (you don't need to win all the levels just win a game no matter which options )

Car Jack City

Mafiya Work

Race (win all the races! that's including the Free Races and Cannonball Races!)

GTA Race (Do all races again on GTA race mode (This also includes the Free races and Cannonball Races)

Team Deathmatch,

Team Mafiya Work,

Team Car Jack City,

Cops ‘n’ Crooks: Win both rounds in a single game to ensure that it counts (use ‘All for one’ to make it easier)

Turf War

Bomb Da Base II

Hangmans Noose

Deal Breaker

The first thing you need to do if you want a boosting partner is that you go to the boosting thread and post a message there that you need a boosting partner. >

The most asked questions:

1. The first and most asked question is: Can I get the AWP trophy in my first run?

The answer: YES!

This is what you got to do when you don’t want to work on your AWP trophy anymore:

-Exit the Multiplayer

-Exit the Game (to the XMB)

If you don't do this you will risk stat lose. ALWAYS stick to your own checklist!

A checklist can be found as an attachment at the bottom of this post.

2. You can track you progress at: Rockstar Games Social Club Home Page

When your at rockstar socialclub go to ‘GTA IV’ and then ‘Multiplayer’. You can see your progress here! WARNING: IF YOU WON GAMES BEFORE THE TROPHY PATCH IT DOESN'T COUNT AS A WIN FOR AWP!!! GT EDIT: Rockstar have dropped Social Club support for GTA 4 so don't waste your time looking on their site, as you won't find anything.

3. It is possible to get the "Taking it for a team", "Top of the midnight club", "Cut your teeth" trophies and with a little bit of luck the "Top Of The Food Chain" and "Fly the co-op" trophies while going for AWP.

4. For the ‘Taking it for a team’ trophy having that trophy unlocked DOES NOT guarantee that those variants are counting for AWP. Due to the fact that trophies pop BEFORE stats are officially registered on the server, it's ENTIRELY possible to have unlocked a trophy for a certain group of variants without those variants ever registering on the server. If they never registered on the server, they will not count towards AWP (thanks to RedEye420). If you have the "Top of the midnight club" you have done 20 STANDARD races.

5. It will take around 10-20 hours to get the AWP trophy. This highly depends on How much races both boosting partners need! If only one person needs the AWP trophy then it will take much less time.

6. You can do the races in 1 lap!

7. For the co-op modes: When you get the money for the mission then its passed/won. To make sure u have the "win" get the highest score.

8. Another way to track your progress is through the game itself. go to Start -> Stats -> Network -> MP game you want to check. Make sure that once the stats load up to press triangle or square to see YOUR progress.

9. If your still having trouble with the trophy popping. Try to win the team and co-op matches with the highest score, win the other games modes and do the first and last races u have done. If this doesn't work i have bad news for you...

10. a very helpful tip from JHChiBulls

All I did was I won every MP game, except one, and then logged off. When I returned to the game the next day, I won the last game I needed to win and AWP popped.

Mp stats on this game are known not to register until hours later. Say there are 120 MP games. You might win 120 legit, but only 115 have registered. No trophy. Then when the other 5 do register, the trophy doesn't unlock because there is no trophy to unlock anymore as the 120th game registered when you weren't playing the game.

So you should win 119/120 MP games, then win your 120th the next day when there has been enough time to register the other 119 MP games. If you have a rockstar games social club account you can see exactly what games have registered onto the servers. Also, try wait as long as possible, even up to 24 hours between your 119th to 120th game. Reason being I've had races register, then disappear and then re-appear on the servers. Waiting as long as possible might be a good idea.

I hope it helped you all to get the AWP trophy and that you all don’t post any more threads about the AWP because most of the GTA IV forum users hating all the stupid AWP questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For further questions and/or feedback post a reply and i'll answer them as much as i can.

Edited by Terminator
Revsions by Terminator 28/01/2017.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start and a good idea to find all the info in one post!!

I have just started my second awp run, my first was months ago so have forgotten what I needed etc so thought I would start again with a guy that I was boosting with before but he never got it either.

I have a quick question about the co - op games, do I need to win them or simply pass? (I notice that in the stats there is games played, games passed, games won)

Many thanks

Good start and a good idea to find all the info in one post!!

I have just started my second awp run, my first was months ago so have forgotten what I needed etc so thought I would start again with a guy that I was boosting with before but he never got it either.

I have a quick question about the co - op games, do I need to win them or simply pass? (I notice that in the stats there is games played, games passed, games won)

Many thanks

When you get the money for the mission then its passed/won;)

Edit: i have put it in the FAQ;)

Edited by Gtamen

You simply have to pass. Games won refers to a friendly competition between players playing in the same game. You get $100 for each target that you kill. The person who kills the most targets will, in effect, receive the most money at the end of the match. If I kill 10 people and you kill 2 people, then I will receive $5,500 and you will receive $4,700 at the end. We will both get credit for a "game passed" and that game will count as a "victory" for both of us for AWP.

However, I will get a "Games Won" mark for the game and you will not because I finished with the most money.

Ah that makes sense now! I thought the games won referred to doing the mission in the time limit, (a-la fly the co-op trophy doobry) which threw me when I have about 4 games won on NOOSE of about 4-5 minutes each. :p

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

:)

First of all great thread

One more thing to add (as I'm reading this a lot) is, after you finish the game/round you're doing go through to

next round (pick the next game) then

-Exit the Multiplayer

-Exit the Game(if you want to do an other game)

IF YOU DON’T DO THIS THE GAME WON`T REGISTER YOUR STATS!!

Also when you say "Exit the Game" do you mean go to xmb and quit game?

Nice thread allot of info in it ^^

Maybe nice to add: only games won since 12/17/2008 count towards this trophy. If you started trying to unlock this trophy before then, all your previous work will need to be restarted.

One more thing to add (as I'm reading this a lot) is, after you finish the game/round you're doing go through to

I got awp couple of weeks ago, i think he means u just quit, i always went straight to "turn the system off" when i was in singleplayer.

with that i mean to xmb;)

Edit: i added some new info:)

Edited by Gtamen

This isn't for me as i have it ;)

just trying to help make it as simple as possible

I'm a little confused by that back-and-forth by you and gtamen, but when someone says "quit the game" before turning the system the off, they are referring to the "online game". Return to singleplayer before powering down the system. This will help finalize the online statistics and improve your chances of having your progress registered.

@gtamen...you really should change the part about the Taking it for The Team Trophy. Having that trophy unlocked DOES NOT guarantee that those variants are counting for AWP. Due to the fact that trophies pop BEFORE stats are officially registered on the server, it's ENTIRELY possible to have unlocked a trophy for a certain group of variants without those variants ever registering on the server. If they never registered on the server, they will not count towards AWP.

Edited by RedEye420

I'm a little confused by that back-and-forth by you and gtamen, but when someone says "quit the game" before turning the system the off, they are referring to the "online game". Return to singleplayer before powering down the system. This will help finalize the online statistics and improve your chances of having your progress registered.

@gtamen...you really should change the part about the Taking it for The Team Trophy. Having that trophy unlocked DOES NOT guarantee that those variants are counting for AWP. Due to the fact that trophies pop BEFORE stats are officially registered on the server, it's ENTIRELY possible to have unlocked a trophy for a certain group of variants without those variants ever registering on the server. If they never registered on the server, they will not count towards AWP.

srry i didnt know that because it worked for me but ok ill change it;)

Edit: changed the taking for a team info;)

Edited by Gtamen

Never knew you had to have a win of 2 on all races for AWP.

Are you sure this is correct because I have seen people with only 1 win in some races and they have AWP.

Yea i'm not sure where exactly you picked that up from but it's not true...you only need one win in each game variant for AWP.

EDIT: I think I found the confusion now. Rockstar's official position is that only games played after 12/18/2008 will count towards trophy, so gtamen was trying to express that if you ALREADY had a win in a variant before that date, you will have to do it again...therefore having two wins in that specific variant.

You only need one win in each variant.

Edited by RedEye420