Rockstar PSN sale

iceman81

Hello,

Please accept my apologies that not knowing the differences of; Episodes from Liberty City and the 2 add on bundles of The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Of course I have GTA 4 game disc for years..

I do not have any add-ons or etc.

I want to get their trophies; (The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony Episodes Bundle)

It says Episodes from Liberty City game includes The Lost and Damned % The Ballad of Gay Tony.

When comparing price and size;

The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony Episodes Bundle 4GB

Episodes from Liberty City 7,8GB

and Episodes from Liberty City 7,8GB is cheaper..

I have a conflict here.. What are the differences, do I need to buy all of them?

And there seems to be no trophy set for Episodes from Liberty City 7,8GB

Thanks

If the PSN Episodes from Liberty City is the same as the Disc version, that will basically be a standalone version of the two DLCs that run as if they are there own game. You start it up and select whether you want to play TLAD or TBOGT, then play the DLC from there. If you buy the other DLC that will be the ones that runs through GTAIV as if it were regular DLC. If you just want to get the trophies from the two expansions then you might as well buy Episodes if it's cheaper.

The reason it will be larger in size though is that it will have to include all the regular GTAIV assets that would allow it to run (basically the map of liberty city, vehicle models, etc).

Both of those bundles are identical in terms of content and you will get everything you need to 100% both DLCs regardless of which one you buy. Having looked closer at the small print, it looks like the difference is down to which version of the game you own i.e the retail disc or digital download so check the BLES Code of your copy before buying. One of the downloads is a full stand alone copy so you don't need the GTA 4 disc to play it but the other one does need the original disc else you can't play it.

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Thank you very much.. Now I get it :)

So Episodes from Liberty City does not need gta4 disc and it includes some of the data which are necessary for TLAD TBOGT (not all the 14GB gta4 data, it can be seen from the minority of 7,8 data which is 4GB of TLAD TBOGT). So there is enough 3,8GB necessary data which does not need gta4 disc..

But why is it cheaper, interesting.. :)

Thank you again, cheers, love