Anyone else super bummed out about the unobtainable platinum?

For me, I have a criteria for attempting platinums, which I won't go into very heavily now, but suffice to say GTAIV has now become a sting in my collection, and these circumstances are gutting.

It could've been made easier had they warned us, but a lot of us were assured that the closing of Gamespys services would not affect the GTA IV multiplayer.

I've also heard as of yesterday the Japanese version has been patched so now the platinum is unachievable for anyone.

Do you think Rockstar will patch the ranking (and therefore trophies) back in?

As trophy hunters how are you all dealing with this new blemish?

This is the first time I've had an unattainable platinum trophy on this account, I may bump my percentage to a nice round number then leave it at that.

Thoughts?

Being honest, I am actually in the same boat, I checked and my last trophy earned was more than 2 years ago. I guess it was more the prospect of forcibly unattainable trophies that got to me, but that's likely to happen eventually with all online games anyway.

I tried online for the first time tonight and didn't realise quite how much of a grind it would've been anyway, not to mention that it has a 10/10 difficulty rating (I don't know why I always assumed it was held at a 7 or 8). Also, the fact that you LOSE money when you die...well, it was never going to happen.

I guess I'll wrap up some single player so that my percentage is hefty enough to move on to GTA5. If anything, the impossible trophies have set a precedent where I'll know there's nothing I can do about it. Between this and the legendarily buggy Auf Weidersen Petrovic I can see now that it's not too big a deal, as it was never a possibility.

Between this and the legendarily buggy Auf Weidersen Petrovic I can see now that it's not too big a deal, as it was never a possibility.

This is very true. I know of people who have had to do the criteria for that trophy 4-5 times because the trophy has glitched out on them. So a 15 hour trophy like that could take 75 hours to unlock and then there's the other 100+ hours to unlock the other trophies. I'd be bummed out if I didn't already have the Platinum but it really isn't worth the massive time spent.

Edited by JHChiBulls

I haven't even got all the SP trophies, so having MP ones unavailable doesn't bother me at all http://i.imgur.com/Pvh2MUy.gif.

It does kinda suck for those that do like to have a high completion % or whatever, but realistically you've had ample time in which to get the online trophies if you really wanted them. Trophies have been available in GTA IV for over 5 years.

Its actually quite funny reading this.

I picked up GTA 4 back in 2012 and was planning on becoming a serious trophy hunter so I wanted to get this platinum.

One thing that scared me was that the servers could go offline at any time. There were heaps of server problems like money not updating and people online were saying that rockstar may be shutting down GTA 4 servers. So I rushed like crazy to finish the trophies. I went from "Off the boat" 5th March 2012, to "Wanted" 4th May 2012, and eventually the platinum 17th May 2012.

Turned out at the time the server issues were just temporary. Suffice to say though I gave up platinum hunting after that GTA 4 one. Taught me a lesson about not grinding too much, and just to play games for fun.:applause:

PSN profile: peteM1911

Nah not really. I actually sold the game and bough beer for the money when I was poor. (Really stupid ofc I always save my games from now on) Have been thinking many times I should buy re-buy it and try to obtain the platinum but never did. Maybe it was for the best since its a looong grind.

Aiming for GTAV platinum instead and hopefully I'll get it before the server shuts down for that game. GTAV platinum seems more fun overall.

I got the plat about 3 months ago after playing the game for 5 years on and off.lets be honest the game has been out ages and you could of picked up a 2nd hand copy quite cheap for a while so if you rearly wanted the plat then you should of got it buy now,companies are not going to support online forever,ea are the worst but fifas are the same every year anyway.

I honestly found this one of the easiest platinums I've ever done.

Wanted was done fully AFK in 30hrs thanks to the amazing glitch if you own TBOGT and TLATD while AWP was done with the aid of people saying do 119/120, then log off and attempt it again the next day and they were right. It did not glitch.

GTA V is a nightmare, again I was lucky to grind to level 100 in less than 20hrs after a beautiful glitch was discovered and available for a brief 2 week period. Other than that it's a 250hr beast.

Edited by LaochEire

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted was done fully AFK in 30hrs thanks to the amazing glitch if you own TBOGT and TLATD while AWP was done with the aid of people saying do 119/120, then log off and attempt it again the next day and they were right. It did not glitch.

GTA V is a nightmare, again I was lucky to grind to level 100 in less than 20hrs after a beautiful glitch was discovered and available for a brief 2 week period. Other than that it's a 250hr beast.

sorry I have to disagree gtav was was easier than iv,just look how rare the plats are for each

Yes and no. Yes to the fact i was generally lazy and decided not to get 4 MORE LEVELS!! No to the fact that i pretty much saw this coming. I mean the game has been out for over 6 years. I'm sure they were going to shut down something in MP at some point. I'm surprised the servers are still open.

Someone who cheats to earn a trophy is scum. I hate the fact that you need to play unfairly to achieve something. I would view boosting as a form of cheating but with all the glitches and server issues in GTA IV boosting is fine. Also i don't view this game as "easy" from 12/25/08-9/17/13 i was only 1 trophy off plat. It took me 5 years to get 49 trophies. It's anything but "easy".

Not even remotely close. I got 98% of the achievements in just 40 days. GTA V was literally easier than IV. I think the only reason i haven't bothered getting 100% is because i don't play it that much anymore. Edited by burntt0ad

What bums me out is if you want to play and old game like we be able to for years, you won't. At least I won't because of the unattainabilty. Stores will be selling these games for almost nothing. Yes, trophy hunters make up a small % of gamers but most of our members would not buy untatinable plat games.

I was a bit annoyed, but I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway. My thinking now is if a game has online trophies I won't be arsed about the platinum...with exceptions, of course. Exceptions like Uncharted which all to have to do is play a couple of matches and games in which I enjoy the online portion. Two games like that, for me, are Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us.

Edited by TheDemolitionDan

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys it's time to put a real big pressure on Rockstar. I suggest Social Media. I have never used tweeter but Ive heard about its massive effects using things like #blablahblah We are going to use one of those things with the following topics:

1) Get the Cut your teeth and Wanted trophies obtainable again.

2) Put the rankings back so the trophies could be obtainable again.

3) Rockstar is disrespecting us as Sony PS3 Users, because the game is unaffected on X BOX 360.

For this we need some of you who really know how to use tweeter and its power and advantages and who speaks perfect english (English is not the language in my country, so I don't speak it perfectly) I (under the right direction) will help with the campaign in Spanish and English (It would be great if some of us use more languages but the main campaign in english).

You need to tell everyone to join our campaign. Every PS3 user must join because they are disrespecting us with giving privileges like this to XBOX users. Need all of you together to make this something BIG.

AND REMEMBER: We are the costumers we are the real Rockstar bosses.

Please check the thread of the unobtainable platinum

Will complete on Xbox 360. GTA V on PS3:applause:

Please check the thread of the unobtainable platinum

Are you quoting him?

You can still get all achievements on the 360 since they have dedicated servers. They've only knocked off the PS3 side of things. Unless you're talking about something completely different.