Do I have time?

Hi guys, going to start the online portion of GTA IV this weekend.

I haven't played online before so my question is can i reach rank 10 in under 2 weeks? Obviously i'm checking in case of the trophy becoming unobtainable after the Gamespy situation.

Thanks alot.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started GTA4 on my account for the first time on the 16th MAY and just finished my online trophies today 22nd MAY, really it took 5 days as I started just for an hour on the 16th then went to bed, and finished at 2am on the 22nd. Its definitely possible if your dedicated and have a week free of any commitments.

It may be mathematically possible but I'd say it's a fairly unrealistic ambition.

First of all, you'll need to find a partner who is extremely competent in the Bomb Da Base II glitch and knows all the ins and outs. Then you yourself will need to learn how the glitch works, what its limits are and exactly the best way to exploit it to its full potential.

The basic concept of the glitch won't take too long to grasp, but until you get the procedure nailed on, expect to waste hours on failed attempts at setting it up. Even when you're confident in what you're doing, various things can still go wrong (the initial chase sequence going bad; enemies not showing up where they're supposed to etc).

I couldn't tell you the amount of failed attempts I had with my partner when we were doing it. Then there is all the time wasted in trying out different positions, or dying too early.

It was only during the final half a million or so that I discovered what I believe to be the very best position to stand in the boat while shooting the re-spawning NPCs. The methods shown in the various videos are actually pretty weak and a lot of the instruction they give for the set-up is irrelevant and/or misleading too.

If it weren't for the vague glimmer of hope that the trophy can still be earned post-GameSpy (even if stats are untracked), I would probably advise against starting this at such a late stage. However, if you pick up the procedure speedily and maybe get 3 or 4 million dollars knocked out in time, I think the finish line will be very much in sight -- as long as you're prepared to leave your system running for a day or two (depending on how much of your time awake you're able to dedicate to finishing it off).

Edited by Robaldinio

• 3 months later...

I'll ask here because I don't want to make a new post and clutter everything, unless this on isn't getting views/answers.

What exactly is and isn't possible? I'm done with most races, and i've played a bunch of other game types so I'm by no means a fresh character. But assuming I was, what are the hurtles I would face for all the online trophies?

I imagine I can boost all races with 2 ps3. I should also be able to happiness island glitch for $5million assuming I grab another copy of GTA4. I get that I'm probably going to have to do this in 1 run so I'm going to need a weekend off. But what else are specific challenges I'll need to tackle/plan for?

I'll ask here because I don't want to make a new post and clutter everything, unless this on isn't getting views/answers.

What exactly is and isn't possible? I'm done with most races, and i've played a bunch of other game types so I'm by no means a fresh character. But assuming I was, what are the hurtles I would face for all the online trophies?

I imagine I can boost all races with 2 ps3. I should also be able to happiness island glitch for $5million assuming I grab another copy of GTA4. I get that I'm probably going to have to do this in 1 run so I'm going to need a weekend off. But what else are specific challenges I'll need to tackle/plan for?

The platinum trophy is obtainable again so no need to worry about that. AWP is the one to watch as you need to make sure that you keep track of what youve done and what you havent done. For tips on AWP go here => The AWP FAQ! - PlaystationTrophies.org

As of Wanted. If you have PS3s then by all means get a 2nd copy (GTA IV is like 5$ atm on the PSN Store). Self boosting while youre having dinner or something is the way to go if you cba with NOOSE.

Other methods can be found here => The Wanted FAQ! (Not a Boosting Thread!) - PlaystationTrophies.org

Thank you Gtamen. With all the different topics, and conflicting time stamps, and 50+ page threads; it was getting rough to know exactly what I was dealing with. every time I thought I had it figured out I clicked another thread and got lost again.

Hopefully this gets seen by others who were just as lost/curious as I was.

• 2 weeks later...
Mp sounds tough for gta 4, im remembering the nightmare of bioshock 2 mp, ill tough it out, I want the plat

if you think it's tough then maybe you're looking in the wrong places for help and info on how to get it done...not difficult at all...worst part is going to be the 108 races for AWP...looking at 9-10 hours to finish them all..long but not tough...

Wanted will take 5 hours if u use the Bomb da Base 2 sniper glitch method...I've made a lengthy vid on how to set it up on youtube (ProfBambam55 channel)...takes about 2 hours for free for all and team game wins...30 mins to an hour for Fly the Co-op...all the rest can be earned along the way...

What is so difficult about 20 hours of online play?..should add that i don't really recommend the FAQ's on this site as they tend to be one-sided and out-of-date...still says the Wanted trophy is not achievable in the Wanted FAQ, has no mention of the current double cash, and the methods included to level up are either obsolete or incomplete...the AWP FAQ is full of myths and doesn't include the main important tip for achieving the trophy: MAXIMIZE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION!!!...the connection issues have gotten worse since patch 1.08...the link to the checklist doesn't even work...haha...both FAQ's need a re-work at some point...i guess the game is too old for anyone to care anymore...

should also mention that i'd be more than happy to edit and update the info so that people don't think the mp for this game is so difficult...

Edited by ProfBambam55

If you have a problem with the FAQs then PM the author(s) and ask them to update them :). As for the Wanted and AWP FAQs, I've updated the (P) availability in both so they're up-to-date in that regard :). If you don't hear anything in a fortnight, then let the Guide Team know and we'll see what can be done.