Liberty City Minute (HELP)

Looneylee94

Right, so ive just recently bought this game again, as when i completed it, it didnt have trophies, but so far i havent really been rushing just going mission to mission if i get a call from a girl il go on a date same with male friends, ive completed 51 missions in around 9 hours 30 mins, do you think it is possible to get the Gold Trophy, complete the game in 30 hours ?, as i said i have completed 51 missions in 9 hours 30 mins, which is over half way through the missions and less than half way with the time intended, so can i have some of your thoughts please, much appriciated.

Oh and one other thing, im at the three leaf clover mission, imo one of the hardest from what i remember from playing this over 2 years ago, if i use, say a health cheat, will that disable complete the game in 30 hours trophy ?..

This is said in the guide

15 Missions Complete - 2 Hours 9 Minutes 18 Seconds

30 Missions Complete - 4 Hours 37 Minutes 45 Seconds

45 Missions Complete - 8 Hours 1 Minute 42 Seconds

60 Missions Complete - 12 Hours 34 Minutes 19 Seconds

75 Missions Complete - 15 Hours 59 Minutes 37 Seconds

94 Missions Complete - 20 Hours 47 Minutes 1 Second

1 Hour Mark - 7 Missions Complete.

5 Hour Mark - 33 Missions Complete

10 Hour Mark - 51 Missions Complete

15 Hour Mark - 71 Missions Complete

20 Hour Mark - 90 Missions Complete

According to this you are still good. Now as for the cheats see the thread below

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gta-iv/9081-definitive-gta-iv-guide-blockable-trophies-now-w-more-cheat-codes.html

It says that some cheats (the one for health is included there) block some trophies. The Liberty City Minute trophy won'tbe blocked, however a few others will.

EDIT: Searching a little before asking the same thing twice isn't bad though.

Edited by ZOLANTON

obviously if i can help it i dont want to cheat as that wrecks the whole point of the game but if its possible and easiest way to get this trophy then il do it then start a new legit save and do the game again after ive earned the complete the game in 30 mins/

Right, so ive just recently bought this game again, as when i completed it, it didnt have trophies, but so far i havent really been rushing just going mission to mission if i get a call from a girl il go on a date same with male friends, ive completed 51 missions in around 9 hours 30 mins, do you think it is possible to get the Gold Trophy, complete the game in 30 hours ?, as i said i have completed 51 missions in 9 hours 30 mins, which is over half way through the missions and less than half way with the time intended, so can i have some of your thoughts please, much appriciated.

Oh and one other thing, im at the three leaf clover mission, imo one of the hardest from what i remember from playing this over 2 years ago, if i use, say a health cheat, will that disable complete the game in 30 hours trophy ?..

you can make it but if i were you i would skip the cutscenes and take taxis from now on just to be sure. dont use the health cheat coz it will disable Finish Him, One Man Army, Walk Free and Cleaned The Mean Streets. for info about cheats that block trophy head to the stickied thread about it.

hope it helps=)

This is said in the guide

15 Missions Complete - 2 Hours 9 Minutes 18 Seconds

30 Missions Complete - 4 Hours 37 Minutes 45 Seconds

45 Missions Complete - 8 Hours 1 Minute 42 Seconds

60 Missions Complete - 12 Hours 34 Minutes 19 Seconds

75 Missions Complete - 15 Hours 59 Minutes 37 Seconds

94 Missions Complete - 20 Hours 47 Minutes 1 Second

1 Hour Mark - 7 Missions Complete.

5 Hour Mark - 33 Missions Complete

10 Hour Mark - 51 Missions Complete

15 Hour Mark - 71 Missions Complete

20 Hour Mark - 90 Missions Complete

According to this you are still good. Now as for the cheats see the thread below

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gta-iv/9081-definitive-gta-iv-guide-blockable-trophies-now-w-more-cheat-codes.html

It says that some cheats (the one for health is included there) block some trophies. The Liberty City Minute trophy won'tbe blocked, however a few others will.

okay thanks mate looked at that earlier but wasnt sure so needed conformation would you advise me to start a new game, and just use cheats and that and be quick to get all missions done under 30 hours and once ive done that carry on with my current save so its still legit ?

you can make it but if i were you i would skip the cutscenes and take taxis from now on just to be sure. dont use the health cheat coz it will disable Finish Him, One Man Army, Walk Free and Cleaned The Mean Streets. for info about cheats that block trophy head to the stickied thread about it.

hope it helps=)

okay thankyou so would it be a good idea to start a new game and do what you said skip cut scenes and use taxi's but also use cheats just to get the 30 hour trophy then after i get it go back to my current game save to complete the game %100 legit ?

okay thanks mate looked at that earlier but wasnt sure so needed conformation would you advise me to start a new game, and just use cheats and that and be quick to get all missions done under 30 hours and once ive done that carry on with my current save so its still legit ?

No the missions aren't so hard to use cheats. You will be alright as long as you focus on the story and use taxis to quickly travel to destinations.

No the missions aren't so hard to use cheats. You will be alright as long as you focus on the story and use taxis to quickly travel to destinations.

yeah i guess there not its just the three leaf clover mission i hate lol, i guess il just complete this one and if i manage to get the trophy then all good if not start a new one and use cheats for the hard missions :) , oh and is it true if you get a call to go out for a drink for example you accept it then phone them back and cancel it you dont looks any 'like'

yeah i guess there not its just the three leaf clover mission i hate lol, i guess il just complete this one and if i manage to get the trophy then all good if not start a new one and use cheats for the hard missions :) , oh and is it true if you get a call to go out for a drink for example you accept it then phone them back and cancel it you dont looks any 'like'

I think if you cancel your date after you accept to go out on one you won't get any dislike nor like from that person. However I'm not 100% sure on this.

I actually am in the process of Liberty City Minute myself, and was on almost the exact same pace as you... I think I was at 50 missions right about the 10-hour mark.

So you know... I played through focusing just on missions, using cabs as much as possible but DID NOT skip any cutscenes. (I just finished the two DLCs, and wanted to follow up on the places where the story synched between the three games)

I'm currently on mission 90 (just finished "That Special Someone", about to make the decision on the ending) and I'm at 18:48.

So, as long as you focus on the missions, ignore the side missions and use cabs... you can easily watch all the cutscenes, and still finish the game with probably 10 hours to spare. You have PLENTY of time to finish, even with mission failures mixed in... don't worry about starting a new save.

As for Three-Leaf Clover... it's difficult, but you can definitely finish it without cheats. If it helps, load up on RPG ammo and blow up police cars in the street, it can take out a good chunk of the cops and remove the cover so it's easier to finish off the remaining ones. And always aim for headshots... no mission in the game is as important to take out people quickly as this one is. If you're taking a lot of tries at it it might not be a bad idea to have a save right before the mission, so you can reload and take a cab to Packie's place after a failure and keep your playtime from increasing as much.

I actually am in the process of Liberty City Minute myself, and was on almost the exact same pace as you... I think I was at 50 missions right about the 10-hour mark.

So you know... I played through focusing just on missions, using cabs as much as possible but DID NOT skip any cutscenes. (I just finished the two DLCs, and wanted to follow up on the places where the story synched between the three games)

I'm currently on mission 90 (just finished "That Special Someone", about to make the decision on the ending) and I'm at 18:48.

So, as long as you focus on the missions, ignore the side missions and use cabs... you can easily watch all the cutscenes, and still finish the game with probably 10 hours to spare. You have PLENTY of time to finish, even with mission failures mixed in... don't worry about starting a new save.

As for Three-Leaf Clover... it's difficult, but you can definitely finish it without cheats. If it helps, load up on RPG ammo and blow up police cars in the street, it can take out a good chunk of the cops and remove the cover so it's easier to finish off the remaining ones. And always aim for headshots... no mission in the game is as important to take out people quickly as this one is. If you're taking a lot of tries at it it might not be a bad idea to have a save right before the mission, so you can reload and take a cab to Packie's place after a failure and keep your playtime from increasing as much.

wow really, i cant thank you enough for that information :) , respect man, im on mission 61 now at 10 hours 55 mins so ive just done 10 missions in just over an hour, i guess thats good, and i actually had no trouble on three leaf clover i must of been a noob at gaames when i last played this lol, it was a piece of cake, fun mission, i did it on my first try no cheats :), i always fail the easy missions as i think there easy so try to take advantage of that and get killed or lose them lol, anyway there's around 33? missions left with 19 hours left to complete them im sure i can do that cant i ?

Edited by Looneylee94

I think if you cancel your date after you accept to go out on one you won't get any dislike nor like from that person. However I'm not 100% sure on this.

Yup. Always accept a friends request and then cancel the date/appointment by calling them. This way you wont lose any like %.

Also, as mentioned about the 30 hour mark. You're fine. You don't even have to use quick travel (taxi's). I watched every cutscene, didn't use the taxi's that often and sometimes I even did side/stranger missions in between and I completed the game under 25hours.

Yup. Always accept a friends request and then cancel the date/appointment by calling them. This way you wont lose any like %.

Also, as mentioned about the 30 hour mark. You're fine. You don't even have to use quick travel (taxi's). I watched every cutscene, didn't use the taxi's that often and sometimes I even did side/stranger missions in between and I completed the game under 25hours.

thanks for the confirmation, much appriciated

OK d'okey.

I feel like an idiot because I arsed about for 4 hours on it. I'm currently on 8 hours 20 minutes with 30 missions complete. Not good. You guys still think I have a chance?

its possible but i rekon you'll be cutting close however if you skip everything im sure you can

Woop! completed the game :) in 15 hours 40 mins, not too bad but i rekon it can be done alot quicker, anyway thanks everyone who helped me now i will be going for the %100 one

Good luck :) My 100% took me 44:00:24. That's even with screw ups and screwing around in between :D

OK d'okey.

I feel like an idiot because I arsed about for 4 hours on it. I'm currently on 8 hours 20 minutes with 30 missions complete. Not good. You guys still think I have a chance?

You can still easily finish the story under 30 hours :)