Beta cancelled

Combatting

If you're wondering why there isn't the promised beta it's because it's been cancelled, so they can concentrate on releasing the full game in 2016. Hence why there's been no word of any delays etc.

Creative director Kazunori Yamauchi told Videogamer that making a beta would have resulted in a delay of final version.

“That’s something that I’m very, very sorry about,” he told the site. “In order to do a beta test we have to make a gold master of the beta test code, and for us it actually takes as much effort as to finish the real master code of the actual game.

“Just because it’s beta we can’t just throw it out there. It’s required that in order to do an open beta we have to create a proper master for it, and considering the release timing that we announced, we decided that we just don’t have enough time to do two gold masters for the game.

“By omitting that it saves us about three months of time.”

Gran Turismo Sport beta cancelled so that game could release in 2016 | VG247

weird, arent betas to help catch bugs? no way do i see this game coming in 2016 done proper. lots of bugs in the build for that show and i bet those were the only things that are close to being ready.

You know that they've probably been working on this for a good 1-2 years right? (probably even longer). It was first announced like last year, and anything to save them time is time they can put in the final product.

I'd rather not have a game delayed after delays and be still disappointed with.

Edited by Combatting