XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > Gran Turismo 5

Old 07-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GT5 disk won't load?

Hello group, have a problem.. though its been brought up about being stuck on the GT5 screen (just log out and reboot) but this seems to be different. Here is the situation, when I load the disk nothing shows up!? no icon no loading screen nothing, all you here is the disk going in and starting up then a wierd clicking, stopping sound as if I put in a different format disk. yesterday i was able to play my GT5 game fine well sort of I was able to eject then reinsert the disk a few time before I got an icon and was able to play GT5 fine, then today nothing I cant get it to recognized the disk at all? (log off and on psn) Now before you say its the player its not cus I can play other game jsut fine. Right now playing MLB11 the show (which is dirty as heck), and jsut finished watching a blu-ray movie. So its not the player, and the disk is in perfect shape and I mean perfect like I just got it new. Ive tried to delete update file and reset the system fully nothing? anyother suggestions? I would be really apprciated, cus hate to quit when was working on the gold for the license test and lose my feeling for the game.
Byntta,BrutLgnd,BrnOut,LBP,Term,Wantd,R&C:CT,HRain ,DInfrno,3DotHeros,AFKA,PofPersia:TFS,RDR,SW:TFU1& 2,Prtl2,DNation,LANoire,InFam1&2,COD:WAW&Cl&BOps,B Man:AA&AC,N4Spd:HP,SofColosus,ICO,Unchrtd1&2&3,Ali ce:MR,SRow3rd,FF13&13.2,[ProType1&2],LpopCsaw,Srcery,SpMan:EoTime&Amzin,AC:2&BH&Rev&3, RE5,DSpace:Ex&1&2&3,GOW:I&II&III&CO&GS&Ac,BioSk1&2 &Inf

latest-ResidentEvil6
PlatingNow-JustCause2
leer_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission   Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

i would go one step further and disconnect your internet to the ps3 and try start it then, remove the cord or if on wifi disable internet connection in the network menu
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I don't suppose you have an illegal console? Hacked or jailbroken for example? Sony's wising up to that sort of behaviour...

Not accusing you or anything, just saying, that's all I can think of. Hacked PS3 or your PS3's finally cacked it and doesn't think it's worthy of such a game...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I went beyond what is mention in that I completely reformatted and installed the ps3 hardware/firmware.. yes jsut to play GT5 :P.. annnnddddd nothing! the disk will not start up not even the icon?!.. now this is getting beyond irritating cause I not even sure if getting a new gt5 disk will work? and no I dont have a jailbroken or hacked machine, though thats intresting about "Hacked PS3 or your PS3's finally cacked it and doesn't think it's worthy of such a game" lol.. also my machine is less than a year old (had to replace an old one) so if basiclly tried everything short of getting a new disk, im going to try the game in a freinds ps3 and see if it boots up. but any other ideas out there?
Byntta,BrutLgnd,BrnOut,LBP,Term,Wantd,R&C:CT,HRain ,DInfrno,3DotHeros,AFKA,PofPersia:TFS,RDR,SW:TFU1& 2,Prtl2,DNation,LANoire,InFam1&2,COD:WAW&Cl&BOps,B Man:AA&AC,N4Spd:HP,SofColosus,ICO,Unchrtd1&2&3,Ali ce:MR,SRow3rd,FF13&13.2,[ProType1&2],LpopCsaw,Srcery,SpMan:EoTime&Amzin,AC:2&BH&Rev&3, RE5,DSpace:Ex&1&2&3,GOW:I&II&III&CO&GS&Ac,BioSk1&2 &Inf

latest-ResidentEvil6
PlatingNow-JustCause2
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Hmmm rent GT5. If THAT copy works, buy a new copy of GT5 and then return it with your old disk in it just go to a place like EB games, where they won't ask questions when you return it
Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Events Director

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   Staff - Events Director   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

Ummmm, I know mine disk doesn't show up if I'm signed in sometimes. If the internees going really slow it doesn't even show a disk and sometimes when it does it takes about 20mins to load.

Have you tried signing out of PSN? then putting inthe GT5 disk

Sig and Avatar by TheFlyingToaster
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well, my GT5 disk didnt work in another PS3... .. I still dont know what happened? because like I mention before the disk is perfect, I mean perfect not a blemish or scuff mark and had a it verified that its like I just got it new I got the game 5 months ago and played it off and on but until last last week was working fine.. anyhow The only last thing to do is to see if another GT5 disk will work hopefully it will but I have one other question is how much space does the GT5 take in total? and I mean after all the installs and the updates and anyother stuff that will take up hdd space (besides game save) thanks..

latest-ResidentEvil6
PlatingNow-JustCause2