Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Rare Paint Guide

jasynergy

Rare Paint Guide

Color Shift, Chrome & Matte

This is a guide to obtaining the Color Shift, Chrome & Matte paint in GT5. Some can be obtained by purchasing certain cars. Those are listed under the make, model & price. The others are obtained by collecting cars in your garage. Every 30 cars added to your garage will return you a random Chrome or Matte paint.

With the addition of Update 1.05 you are now awarded 5-10 paint chips per day for signing into GT5 online servers.

With the addition of Update 1.07 Gold Chrome can now be earned randomly by collecting cars.

Please Do Not Quote The Rare Paint Guide Using The Red Quote Button (Lower Right Of Each Post)

Rare Paint Guide:

Rare Paint Guide

Color Shift

Chrome

Matte

Unlock & Prize Guide:

Licences

A-Spec

B-Spec

Special Events

Additional Unlocks

Racing Modifications Guide:

Racing Modifications Guide

Racing Modifications Performance

Racing Modifications Appearance Changes

Edited by jasynergy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Color Shift

Alfa Romeo - 166 2.5 V6 24V Sportronic '98 - $58,710 (UCD)

Alfa Romeo - 156 2.5 V6 24V '98 - $40,230 (UCD)

Alfa Romeo - GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 - $39,010 (UCD)

Aurora Nuvola Iridescente*

Azzurro Nuvola Iridescente*

Toyota - FT-86 G SPORTS Concept ’10 - $500,000 (B-Spec: FR Challenge)

Maziora Andromeda

Maziora Andromedell

Maziora Everest

Maziora Matterhorn

Maziora Mazeran

Maziora McKenley

Maziora Plreadesll

Maziora Seyfert

Maziora Trapezium

TVR - Cerbera Speed 12 ’00 - $259,970 (UCD or Level 21 Ticket)

Chamelon Blue*

Chamelon Orange*

Reflex Purple*

TVR - T350C '03 - $74,830 (UCD)

Reflex Purple*

TVR - Tamora '02 - $70,940

Chamelon Blue*

Chamelon Orange*

Crystal Topaz Pearlescent*

Reflex Purple*

TVR - TUSCAN SPEED 6 '00 - $94,800

Chamelon Blue*

Chamelon Orange*

Crystal Topaz Pearlescent*

Reflex Purple*

Reflex Spice

TVR

Formula Chameleon Green

*Found On Multiple Car's

Edited by jasynergy

Matte

Gran Turismo - Collect Cars (Every 30)

Matte Light Blue

Matte Blue

Matte Dark Blue

Matte Light Green

Matte Green

Matte Dark Green

Matte Yellow

Matte Orange

Matte Light Red

Matte Red

Matte Dark Red

Matte Pink

Matte Purple

Matte Brown

Matte Black

Matte Light Grey

Matte Grey

Matte Dark Grey

Matte Light Silver

Matte Silver

Matte Dark Silver

Matte White

Lexus - LFA ’10 - $375,000 (Level 12 Ticket)

Matt Black

Mercedes-Benz - SLS AMG ’10 - $197,620 (AMG Driving Academy: Advanced Gold)

AMG Monza grau magno

Edited by jasynergy

Question: how do you know, that a paint is "rare"? Yes, in general there are way less chrome and color shift paints, than metallic and solid paints. But the specific color shift paint "chameleon orange" (which can probably only be found on a TVR) doesn't need to be more rare than the metallic paint "Interlagos Blue" (which can probably only be found on a BMW). This would make most paints, which don't just say "black" or "blue metallic" a rare paint. :confused:

Hi there,

Re : Anyone who can provide me a copy of any:

Color Shift, Matte or Chrome paint

NOT in the guide can have a copy of ANY car from my garage of over 600 cars

You are missing these (that I have):

Dark Blue

Grey

Green

Orange

White

Matt (no 'e') Black

Edited by poker_player
Car choice deleted

Nice presentation mate.

Guess Mods can delete the one i did now.:applause:

Thanks, and keep yours up if you like. It covers "rare" items beyond just paint. In fact feel free to add/note any info from this thread.

Question: how do you know, that a paint is "rare"? Yes, in general there are way less chrome and color shift paints, than metallic and solid paints. But the specific color shift paint "chameleon orange" (which can probably only be found on a TVR) doesn't need to be more rare than the metallic paint "Interlagos Blue" (which can probably only be found on a BMW). This would make most paints, which don't just say "black" or "blue metallic" a rare paint. :confused:

Right now I am just calling them "rare". The matte, chrome and color shift paints are highly sought after. All around the net there are request for them. This is simply a list of how to obtain most of them.

If you note I also left room for solid and metallic paint as I intend to change this to a general paint guide in the future.

Hi there,

Re : Anyone who can provide me a copy of any:

Color Shift, Matte or Chrome paint

NOT in the guide can have a copy of ANY car from my garage of over 600 cars

You are missing these (that I have):

Dark Blue

Grey

Green

Orange

White

Matt (no 'e') Black

The cars that I'd like in exchange are the 4 that we discussed previously:

P Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) ‘08

P Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 (SUPER GT) ‘06

P Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

P Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08

I will talk with you via PM and we can get you taken care of!

FYI, you can get this colour on the Lexus LFA ($300,000) when brought new :)

Thank you! If you would like a Red FGT 936HP, Level 17 or Level 21 ticket let me know via PM.

***NOTE***

I also found:

Toyota

FT-86 Concept ’09

- Mat Black

- Chameleon Purple

However they don't provide a paint chip.

**ADDITIONAL RESPONSE**

Rare is a matter of opinion. In mine NOTHING is rare. "Rare" is what the majority of internet poster use to refer to matte paint.

You just suggested "chameleon orange (which can probably only be found on a TVR) doesn't need to be more rare than the metallic paint "Interlagos Blue" (which can probably only be found on a BMW)"

Both can be purchased at the new car dealership so neither are that "rare"

BMW Z4 M COUPE '08 - $69,500 (Interlagos Blau Metallic)

TVR - TUSCAN SPEED 6 '00 - $94,800 (Chamelon Blue, Chamelon Orange, Reflex Purple, Reflex Spice)

Looking at it the TVR I concider more rare seeing it cost more and has 4 of the 13 found color change paint chips. Now as for the BMW I own 35 shades of blue metallic paints already and I could list 50 easy.

Next you suggest "This would make most paints, which don't just say "black" or "blue metallic" a rare paint."

The only Blue Metallic by that exact name I found was on Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00 which can not be bought new. (It is won in B License Gold and you may receive it in a different color)

On the other hand:

Black - Chevrolet, Jaguar, Lotus, Nissan, Toyota (The black by Lotus is more flat/grey than others)

can be found by many dealers and bought new.

So Blue Metallic is pretty rare compared to Black I would say.

is this just a LIST, or is it thread telling you where to get them?

is chrome available without a DLC code?

Chrome and DLC has nothing to do with each other. For every 30th car you acquire, you get a new color. Usually a Matte one or you get a Silver Chrome one. That's what he means by collecting cars.

is this just a LIST, or is it thread telling you where to get them?

is chrome available without a DLC code?

There are, AFAIK, 2 ways to get paints:

1. Awarded by the game either as per the OP (With the addition of Update 1.05 you are now awarded 5-10 paint chips per day for signing into GT5 online servers) or for achieving certain numbers of cars within your garage (every 30 cars or so I think).

2. You trade with other players.

The thread is attempting to put together a comprehensive list of all of the rarer paints that are available. So, you might review the list and notice that you don't have a Matte Green. You could then either wait and see if you get one awarded to you by the game or you could try and trade with somebody who has a spare.

So, chrome is available without needing a download code.

Here's a color shift that you do not have listed

Crystal Topaz Pearlescent

If you go to Items and then sort Texture - Color Shift then sort through Make could you please tell me who makes it.

PS if you send me it I can send you a FREE car & a copy of the paint back.

will do shortly

Take your time.

If you would take it a step further, once you know the Make. Go into the garage and sort by make to try and find what car it came on. In the garage pushing square several time will sort the view with a paint chip showing as the first item. That may help you find the car.

this topic makes no sense....I dont care if ppl ask for a certain colour more than others, something that can be purchased is not rare, absolute basic common sense right there.

Just seems like the TC wants ppl in this topic hence the completely misleading topic title...

I think you should take the info you have in this topic close this one and create a detailed paint one because all this topic is right now is misleading. I can purchase 99% of the colours talked about in this topic in minutes....not quite rare now is it.

Edited by Psychodrama

this topic makes no sense....I dont care if ppl ask for a certain colour more than others, something that can be purchased is not rare, absolute basic common sense right there.

Just seems like the TC wants ppl in this topic hence the completely misleading topic title...

I think you should take the info you have in this topic close this one and create a detailed paint one because all this topic is right now is misleading. I can purchase 99% of the colours talked about in this topic in minutes....not quite rare now is it.

Please help me come up with a better name.

Maybe:

Cool Paint Guide

Non-Solid, Pearl & Metallic Paint Guide

Color Shift, Chrome & Matte Paint Guide

I already addressed all your concerns in this thread. Including the "rare" issue. Why not just take the guide for what it is?

For example there are a 1031 cars in the game and they come in multiple colors. If you need a Red Pearl or Blue Solid or Green Metallic you can go to almost any dealer any buy a car. However if you need a Color Shift there are only two cars out of 1031 you can buy to get them. And then there are only 15 noted Color Shift paints, I have more than 15 shades of each color in Solid, Pearl & Metallic.

I suggest you get over the name.

Edited by jasynergy