Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Steering Wheel Setup

sandite5

So I've finally got a new Driving Force GT Wheel. Now what I didn't think about is where I'm going to attach it to...

I've currently got a chair in the shape as this one:

http://www.hardwaresphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/pyramat-s3500-w-game-chair.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had some quick ideas as to what type of stand would fit a chair such as this?

you're going to have to make one either out of a lowered desk or a frame made out of PVC pipes.

the problem with that chair is the fact it rolls. that's going to be an issue when you brake and lay on the gas i think (due to it's lowered height)

make a construction urself, I made one out of scrap metal and an old mazda seat.

No ennoying bar between my legs as in many expensive racing seats, the whole construction is very solid and the seat is adjustable as it was in the mazda (slides forward and backwards)

wheel has been replaced by G27 by now and little tv by a 67" 720p projected screen.

the seat itself costed me euhm nothing.

only 4h construction work and a friend who can weld.

http://users.telenet.be/conzales/01102007%28002%29.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/conzales/01102007%28012%29.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/conzales/01102007%28009%29.jpg

you're going to have to make one either out of a lowered desk or a frame made out of PVC pipes.

the problem with that chair is the fact it rolls. that's going to be an issue when you brake and lay on the gas i think (due to it's lowered height)

You are right about that. I am lucky enough though that I can put the back of the seat up against the coffee table, but it's not sturdy enough.

PS. putting a force feedback wheel in your lap and hitting a wall, is not kind on the manhood :(.

make a construction urself, I made one out of scrap metal and an old mazda seat.

No ennoying bar between my legs as in many expensive racing seats, the whole construction is very solid and the seat is adjustable as it was in the mazda (slides forward and backwards)

wheel has been replaced by G27 by now and little tv by a 67" 720p projected screen.

the seat itself costed me euhm nothing.

only 4h construction work and a friend who can weld.

That is a very nice setup!

It would definitely be something I would go for if I had my own mancave. Since this will be a living room type setup, you can imagine the wife would want something that can 'disappear'.

I am leaning on more like something that I will have to build though. As cheap and easy it is to build with wood, I would REALLY like to fabricate it of aluminum and iron as you have.

I suppose I'll just have to make a little mock setup and get all the measurements and what not then...

conzalez how is the wheel and gearstick attached to the frame? that is very impressive!

there are holes on the bottom of the steering wheel, gearbox and pedals where u can put screws in (M6 sized), so i drilled holes at these precise locations in the metal frame...

The pedals are bolted with 6 screws,

the wheel with 2 screws at the front , the original clamps hold it down at the wheel side,

the gearbox also with 2 screws and the original clamp for extra support.

Nice thing is, the screw locations from g27 are excact the same as my previous g25 as in the pictures. Thanks logitech for making the g25->g27-swap very easy! :applause:

Next project is installing an e-brake since I have found an instruction video on youtube on how to connect it to the gearbox :cool: