Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition VS Academy Edition

Mastodon

Im a big fan of Gran Turismo serie. I have all the games, and i want this both versions. Anyone can tell me waht they have? Any DLC's? And the Academy Edition its already out?

Released towards end of September

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces Gran Turismo®5: Academy Edition - News - gran-turismo.com

Academy version has bonus car not available anywhere else (which I guess is the one on the cover of the game?):

The special edition will provide buyers with a re-mastered version of GT5 including all functionality updates as well as a host of downloadable content (DLC) that has been released for the game since its high-profile launch in November 2010. The new content, previously available to purchase from PlayStation®Store, includes new cars, tracks, paints and racing gear and is valued at over €26 if purchased separately. Included are: Complete Pack DLC (Car Pack 1; Course Pack 1; Special Paint Pack; Racing Gear Pack); Car Pack 2 DLC; Car Pack 3 DLC; Course Pack 2 DLC. Also included is a special bonus car, the Nissan GT-R driven recently at the Nürburgring 24H race by Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/c/binary/images/nws13432057063058155.jpg

Edited by MrT

If I go on the PSN now and buy the DLC, the cars will add themselves to my garage, ready to drive. If I bought this 'Academy version' would all the 'DLC' content cars already be in my garage? or would they need to be purchased in game like any of the regular vehicles?

(I won't be buying it, I'm just interested with how it'll treat what the rest of us see as DLC content).

This version its very cheap, the XL Edition its a lot of expensive. I have a good collection of Gran Turismo, i want all the games of GT. You can see my collection on my personal page on Facebook.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554418_393337070707409_448118420_n.jpg

Gran Turismo Collection | Facebook

Cool stuff there Mastodon, but do you have the Nissan GT-R model that came with the collector's edition? I don't see it in the pic.

I mentioned in another forum that I was interested in the Apex Magazine that came with the collector's edition. One guy there was like "oh, no problem, shoot me your address and I'll send you my copy". Not only he sent me the Magazine (from another country, no less) but also the GT-R model. That was a very happy day for me :D

Edited by Ruldra

Cool stuff there Mastodon, but do you have the Nissan GT-R model that came with the collector's edition? I don't see it in the pic.

I mentioned in another forum that I was interested in the Apex Magazine that came with the collector's edition. One guy there was like "oh, no problem, shoot me your address and I'll send you my copy". Not only he sent me the Magazine (from another country, no less) but also the GT-R model. That was a very happy day for me :D

WOW. He gives you the GTR Model? My edition its the European Edition, and here its the AMG model, not GTR.

The APEX book is pretty cool, some good info in there, but the size is too small, the writing is hard to read. It is almost as if they designed it A4 size, then reduced it to fit in the pack.

There is an "online" copy available if it is permissible to post the link here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This version its very cheap, the XL Edition its a lot of expensive. I have a good collection of Gran Turismo, i want all the games of GT. You can see my collection on my personal page on Facebook.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554418_393337070707409_448118420_n.jpg

Gran Turismo Collection | Facebook

What edition is the Gran Turismo 5 on the bottom right? Is there a Steelbook out there?

• 3 weeks later...
What does everyone think the odds are of a proper Complete Edition coming out in the next couple of years that includes all the DLC+patches?

"GT5 Ultimate Edition"... Tagline- "We finally gave up flogging this donkey and started work on GT6" :p

• 1 month later...

If you have the XL edition then the only difference is you will have a few more patches included on the disc and maybe a new car or two. You don't need the Academy Edition if you already have the XL release. The XL voucher will only give you the DLCs that are mentioned on the card, nothing more, nothing less. Any DLCs that are not included you will have to pay full price for them.