XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
everstar23

Default Driving Options Nascar

I am told you have to make changes to ABS and Traction Control to win some races in Nascar. If this is true, how do you do it in Championship mode? Only Driving Options given are tires. One you have started and finished one race you cant exit to get to a place wher you can do the full Driving Option changes. At least not on my system.
everstar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
chrisheadshot

Send a message via MSN to chrisheadshot Send a message via Skype™ to chrisheadshot

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Are you trying to change the driver aids in B-Spec mode? When I completed championships you'd be presented with a screen allowing you to advance to the next stage or exit when you won a race and when you advanced you were brought to a normal race start screen where you were allowed to change race settings as you wished. If it's in B-Spec however all you can change are tyres.
chrisheadshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
JackC8

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

When I was doing that Jeff Gordon school stuff, I remember changing the ABS from 1 to 0 made the car just that tiny bit faster, allowing you to catch and draft cars that were otherwise out of reach. That was pretty much required to get the gold in a few of those Special Events. I always turn traction control off entirely.

In the B-spec races, mostly that one at Grand Valley if I remember correctly, I just let my guy take it easy, hanging a few places back from the lead. I kept his mood meter somewhere in the middle as much as possible, and then towards the end of the race encouraged him to go faster, by which time the cars ahead of him had bald tires and he could finally pass them.

You can also tune the cars, there's a bunch of info over here: https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/nascar

Last edited by JackC8; 06-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.
JackC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
everstar23

Thumbs up B-Spec Driving Options

Thank you for the tip. It was especially Grand Valley where my driver keeps spinning out. I'll try keeping him at a medium level. Still dont know why they wont let you change Traction Control and ABS settings in B-Spec but I'll try the championship in B-Spec again.
everstar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
RobMUFC1987

What i did at GVS for give it 2 laps and if i wasn't 3rd or higher, i pitted my driver for fresh tyres. He catches back up quite quick and with the field being spread out a bit and on worn tyres, your driver will pass them easily
RobMUFC1987 is offline   Reply With Quote